Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Licensing in NC?

Hi all hopefully someone can answer this finally. I'm an NC resident and have an NC class A CDL. I drive out of state and stopped to look at an F3s. The dealer there told me that NC doesn't require am endorsement for the spyders. I called my dmv to confirm and 3 different people said that NC now requires a motorcycle endorsement. Tried calling the shop in Fayetteville and was told to call the dmv....so what's the real answer?

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes, you do need a motorcycle endorsement in NC. I actually took the book test and got my learners permit first. The only restriction with a learners permit is that you cannot carry a passenger.
    Welcome to NC!
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Do they allow you to take your skills test with a spyder and receive a full endorsement or is it restricted? I have a bad acl and normal motorcycles worry me on supporting the weight however I do still own a Honda cbr I'd like to knock the dust off of eventually.

Spyder Garage

You can get your motorcycle endorsement with the Spyder at the skills test. I had to have a motorcycle learners permit to do a test ride at a dealership but don't know if all dealerships require it. I also took the MSF course at the local community college for the insurance break and it took the place of the skills test at the DMV. The MSF course was very beneficial having been off motorized two wheels for so many years.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Like the last comment, you can test on a spyder, on your endorsement it will be for three wheels Only!!! That's the draw back.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk