Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Love my F3S and no more vibration issue!

I traded in my 2012 RS-S for an F3S a month ago. Have 1200 miles on it. Just got back from Vegas Bike Fest and can't say enough about how great my F3 is. I was having the vibration issue people were talking about and it seemed to be getting worse. Installed SmoothSpyder belt tensioner with the new installation directions from Jim with the roller on the upper part of the belt and after 600 miles I have had absolutely no abnormal vibration! It really works. Yes I would have preferred BRP to have figured it out before the F3 release but I am very happy with the fix from SmoothSpyder.

My trip to Vegas was great and so much more comfortable than I would have been on my RS-S. The more I ride the F3, the more I love it!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing. I'm stubborn and vibrating until BRP does something. Lots of great reports on the SmooyhSpyder tensioner. Glad you're enjoying your new F3-S.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information about Smoothspyder. A lot of people are wondering about the vibration on the F3.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Next time you come to Las Vegas give me a shout.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am approaching 15000 miles on my F3S and I still don't notice the vibration that folks are talking about

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    I am approaching 15000 miles on my F3S and I still don't notice the vibration that folks are talking about
    nearly 11000 miles for me and ditto
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default vibration rpm 3400-4400 rpm

The vibration begans at 3400 rpm and continues up to 4400 rpm & it is not gear dependant.. adding the upper roller belt tension helps somewhat but the vibration is still there .

I'm quessing those that have no vibration issues have the harmonic balancer that is a correct match for the crankshaft imperfections built at that time.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    The vibration begans at 3400 rpm and continues up to 4400 rpm & it is not gear dependant.
    Mine, and what I most commonly hear is 68-73mph in sixth gear. I've never noticed it in the lower gears. If I let mine vibrate for a few seconds it goes away. I wish I was one the no vibe, no tensioner gang.

Spyder Garage

We just put the Smoothspyder belt Tensioners on our F3's and rode yesterday. No vibration at any speed, love it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    Mine, and what I most commonly hear is 68-73mph in sixth gear. I've never noticed it in the lower gears. If I let mine vibrate for a few seconds it goes away. I wish I was one the no vibe, no tensioner gang.
    I had the vibration in sixth gear and it could be throttled out of or if I downshifted it would go away. I was not lugging the engine. It started vibrating in 5th gear too at that speed range and lower. Wasn't a deal breaker but was definitely an annoyance and didn't like having to constantly adjust my throttle to get rid of it. Was told by Jim that initial set up for the belt tensioner didn't work. After figuring out to put the roller on the upper portion of the belt it worked and I know that it does! Totally worth the cost and short amount of time to install if you are having the vibration.