Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

All of you are correct...but the answer is clear.....He needs a Gold Wing too! (I'm only partially kidding here)
    I belong to both a Spyder club and a BMW club and the biggest problem I have is trying to figure out how to meet with all my club friends and also have time to ride other places. Double the fun and ride when/where you want, my Friend!
    jb
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My wife's first demo ride on a spyder was at Wing-Ding. Fred Rau had a stable of them at the BRP booth there. That's where she got her Spidey Senses tingling. Since many GW riders "graduate" to a trike as they get older, the Spyder is a viable and less expensive option for those who are considering three wheels. Spyders are at many GoldWing district rallies and quite often, result in sales. I've been a GW member since 2003, and believe from experience, that anyone on a spyder would not be considered an "outsider". On the contrary, people will be attracted to your machine, and you'll be asked tons of questions.

Wing Ding has all kinds of vendors with lots of farkles.....LED's, pinstriping, helmets, intercoms, riding apparel, driving/fog lights, and all kinds of installers for them.

There's a million things to do there. And best of all, GREAT RIDING !!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I decided it's time to update this discussion. I finally remembered to call and verify my camping reservation.

I AM GOING to Wing Ding 38 in Billings, MT, Aug 31 to Sep 3! I signed up for the Trike Rider Course. Should be interesting. To be close to the action and save money I decided to take my 'tent on a trailer' and camp at the MetraPark, wherever it is they set up for camping. RV parking area I guess.

Any other Spyder Lovers going to Wing Ding? Anyone else camping with RV, tent trailer, or otherwise? Maybe we can get them to let us group together in the RV park. We should have a little Spyder get together sometime during the event.

I'm thinking about making this a real August/September trip. Ride along Montana's great roads on the way to Wing Ding, visit son and family in eastern Iowa then Lions USA/Canada forum in Omaha Sep 15-17, then Spyders in the Ozarks Sep 22-24, then Red Rock Spyder Rally Sep 27-30, then home!

Hey, ain't retirement great!

I hope to make it. If I do will le you know so we can meet up.. I looked at their site it state gold wing and touring bikes.
    The ultimate Honda Gold Wing & Touring Convention

Wing Ding is the ultimate Honda Gold Wing & Touring Bike convention! Hosted by GWRRA at different locations across the United States every year, the rides to Wing Ding as well as unique atmospheres are unforgettable. Come join us for a motorcycle convention unlike any other, where you can enjoy the company of friends with live entertainment in a beautiful location, learn more about motorcycle safety, discover all the latest products for your bike, and even test drive a new one.

Hope to make it there Kenn

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xwingnut View Post
    All of you are correct...but the answer is clear.....He needs a Gold Wing too! (I'm only partially kidding here)
    What I find kind of interesting, and really somewhat surprised me the first it was clear to me, is I have absolutely no desire to get back on two wheels! Not even a Honda 90cc trail bike! In a sense, I am a bit baffled by my total lack of desire, or even some aversion, to getting on 2 wheels! I think it has 100% to do with a feeling of security and safety while on the Spyder!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I attended the wingding in Huntsville Al. on my rt and met quite a few spyders there
    and bought a few farkles.
    I had a great time and answered a a lot of questions about the spyder, I would love
    to go to another one so go and have a good time.