arntufun

Default Passenger comfort comparison F3/RS

For all those that have had an RS and a F3 that are riding 2up.................

Is/Was your passenger more comfortable on the RS or F3 with the backrest and feet position. By design, the RS backrest looks to cup and hold the passenger's back more (the f3 backrest looks flatter), but is it really noticeable to them ???? I know my passenger always had a death grip to stay on the RS, is that feeling worse or better on the F3 ????
    Last edited by arntufun; 09-29-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    For all those that have had an RS and a F3 that are riding 2up.................

I know my passenger always had a death grip to stay on the RS, is that feeling worse or better on the F3 ????
    That was probably based on your driving; you're such a wild man.

Spyder Garage

My F3 BRP passenger back rest is nicely curved and quite comfy. I think it holds a passenger just fine. No experience with the RS.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

C'mon Randy; we all know that you loved it, when Holly snuggled in extra-close!

(This DOES add more fuel to the fire... are you seriously considering an F-3?)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    C'mon Randy; we all know that you loved it, when Holly snuggled in extra-close!

(This DOES add more fuel to the fire... are you seriously considering an F-3?)
    That is kinda the vibe I was picking up as well.

I am thinking--that the F3 would be a bit more comfortable compared to the RS. As in, crotch rocket vs. cruiser. Have had the RS and still would rate that as crotch rocket.

Have not had an F3 ride yet, but that is on the horizon.

The passenger accommodations seem to be typical cruiser. Meaning 2nd class seating for passenger. I do not plan on carrying passengers, so not an issue for me this go around.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Randy,
    Get yourself the F-3T, and pick up one of these for Holly...

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Randy,
    Get yourself the F-3T, and pick up one of these for Holly...

I like this. What is it please?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Stallion...
    I saw one up in Lake George, NY last year.
    They use a Ford engine and transmission.

Spyder Garage

randy, let me answer this with a couple of other helpful tips if you are thinking f3. first off, we love the f3. carol really doesn't notice any difference in her comfort, they are comparable, the rss and the f3. the back rest is just fine. it's easy removal is a plus when you head out alone. it's a
    five second job! she does appreciate the new leg position. her knees are much more relaxed on the f3.however, I am finding out that the f3 was built as a one person spyder (be it a little late) now that I own it. never did I see anything in print about it being built specifically as a one up machine. it even amazes me more that it has two seats, so why would one think its for one person. now here's the problem we are experiencing. the oem shock absolutely sux! we bottom out in places we never did with the rss. I am searching out all the alternatives for a new shock/spring set-up with out spending a couple of grand. the new f3t has a different swing arm which is better for two up riding and I would consider that prior to the f3 or f3s like we have. if we find an alternative for our shock, I will let you know. we love the bike, but hate the bottoming out problem!!! call me if you have any questions.
    chuck, ps. I like the selfie picture!!!!!
    Last edited by spydaman60; 09-29-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(That was his Senior picture, in his School's Yearbook...)

Spyder Garage

Have both and carry passengers on both- either my son or wife. Both prefer the F3 as a passenger but as the pilot I'm preferring the RS for handling when 2 up and holding an adult. The back end is just too squishy and I feel a big difference in turns even with a BajaRon sway bar.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com