Spyder Garage

Default headset question

I'm coming from a wing and would like to keep using the headsets I have. The folks at J&M tell me I just need to get new lower cables and plug them in but where would they plug into the RT. I'm thinking there is more to it than new lower cables. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel and would like to keep it economical. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I too came off a Goldwing. I was told it is very expensive to wire the spyder for a cabled intercom. We found the wireless units are much better anyway. Very nice not having to plug and unplug the cables. We went with the Sena 20S wireless and love it. We tried the J and M unit first but found it was not clear at all.

Spyder Garage

Default Headset

To use a wired headset on a RT you have to have the CB installed first. The RT don't come wired like a Goldwing or a Ultra.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    I'm coming from a wing and would like to keep using the headsets I have. The folks at J&M tell me I just need to get new lower cables and plug them in but where would they plug into the RT. I'm thinking there is more to it than new lower cables. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel and would like to keep it economical. Thanks.
    What year is your RT? First you'll need an entertainment cable. I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking you'll need the CB radio also. I have an entertainment cable that I removed from my 2012 RTL and I also have the plug for the drivers headset. It's quite the DIY project installing the CB and the entertainment harness. My wife and I are using the J&M headsets. If you can use the entertainment harness I will sell it for $65 including shipping within the US.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

To use your J&M headsets you will have to purchase the BRP CB Radio and Communications System and the BRP Entertainment Harness. Then you can connect your J&M headset after you purchase J&M 7 PIN lower cables.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 09-28-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation It is true

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    You really do have to have the CB and the entertainment harness to be able to plug in the "lower cables". Not trying to be "Debbie downer", but this is the way it is.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here,
    you will have to spend a bunch of money to do
    what you are asking about,
    you will be much better off going to the SENA
    blue tooth set up... way less money and better
    operation and ... no damn cables to yank out
    when you get off and forget to unplug it.
    call me anytime for the best prices
    Ride Safe
    Dave