Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

I have a question for the veteran Spyder owners. I have a 2015 Spyder RT and I know it has a two year manufacturer warranty. I'm interested in purchasing an extended warranty before my two years are up. My dealer offers Best Warranty and RPM 1. I have seen many threads about the BEST warranty. Was just wanting some more input please. My dealer close to me in Texas says the RPM 1 covers more and is a better deal and accepted at all dealers. I'm just a worry wart and want to be covered no matter where I'm at but also want the best deal. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Spyder Garage

The B.E.S.T. extended warranty takes over when your two year original warranty expires. There is a $50 deductible on parts/labor covered by the warranty. You can purchase it any time, from any dealer before your original warranty expires. Shop around for best price. OP speak highly of the competitive price from Bert's Mega Mall. I purchased mine from Pitbull Powersports at a cost about $300 less than my dealer wanted. It doesn't cover expendables like brake pads, etc. You can find out about the warranty features and coverage at:
    http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/...d-service.html. I don't know anything about RPM 1.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Be careful with extended warranties that are not from the manufacturer. I'm not saying that there aren't good ones out there, but there is long history of aftermarket warranty companies going out of business and people getting stuck. I paid $750.00 for a 3 year BEST warranty from my dealer.

Spyder Garage

Bryce Page

Berts Mega mall DEALWITHBEST warranty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't believe that RPM is accepted at all Spyder dealers, your dealer may be making that up. BEST is accepted at all Spyder dealers though. It is not necessary to purchase the warranty from the dealer that you buy your Spyder from and some dealers offer it at a better price than others, so shop around. One thing for sure is that you must purchase the BEST warranty before your original warranty expires.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that when the '16 models arrive @the dealerships, the cost of any extended warranty will increase because your '15 is not considered a current model and it increases for each year. At least that was how it was explained to me. I have the same issue as you. My choices are BEST vs. Century.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Both of you should ask your local dealer for quotes then call Bert's Mega Mall and Pitbull Powersports to see what price they offer. If you go with either the RPM or Century you need to be prepared to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement if you have trouble away from your local dealer.

Choices, don't you love them?
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

They push the other ones because it makes them more money. I will go with the BRP extended warranty and will not consider a third party warranty.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    They push the other ones because it makes them more money. I will go with the BRP extended warranty and will not consider a third party warranty.
    You're probably right on that. Another thing that a chain of dealers in my area pushes is a maintenance plan. They charge way too much for them and then you are stuck with their lousy service department.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    I will go with the BRP extended warranty and will not consider a third party warranty.
    That's edzacary what I did today. Bryce @Bert's is da BEST!!!!!!!! Best price too.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Non BRP warranties are usually not accepted by all BRP dealers. If you do not travel and can have all your repairs done locally, then you are probably okay with saving a few extra bucks.

If you get stuck in the middle of nowhere in a different state, your situation may vary.

All warranties make their money because most people do not have to cash in on them. The profit margin is high both for the selling dealer and the warranty company.

Yes, there are a few who have cashed in big time--the majority (happy to say) do not need to.

So far, I am working off of a free BRP two year additional best warranty on my 2014. The 2016's currently have a three year extra best offer going on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can purchase or extend your B.E.S.T. protection at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current B.E.S.T. contract.

This is off the Can Am website.....If you currently have factory warranty left or still under one year promotion of Best warranty ,you can purchase the next 2 years...It does not have to be under factory warranty if you are still under the Best warranty..http://can-am.brp.com/off-road/owner...-warranty.html

Spyder Garage

Default BEST Shopping Disappointment

The factory warranty on my 2014 RTS expires in three days then BEST takes over. My Spyder purchase included two years of the BEST. I was hoping to add the third year and I've followed the advice to shop around as provided on this site. Suggestions included phoning Vanessa at Pitbull and Bryce at Bert's. And that's what I did after checking other dealers who all said one year would cost $450. Here's the real disappointing part. Vanessa wasn't in when I called, but the man who answered the phone told me how much he disliked the BEST warranty because it had so many restrictions on covered items and a $50 deductible. However, he was quick to point out that I should spend $1100 for the Century warranty. And if I really wanted the BEST from them I'd have to pay $450. Bryce wasn't in SEVEN days ago when I called so I left voice mail explaining my reason for calling and included my phone number. I never received a call-back. I know that one claim could easily make the high premium worth it, but it's too rich for my blood.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The B.E.S.T. extended warranty takes over when your two year original warranty expires. There is a $50 deductible on parts/labor covered by the warranty. You can purchase it any time, from any dealer before your original warranty expires. Shop around for best price. OP speak highly of the competitive price from Bert's Mega Mall. I purchased mine from Pitbull Powersports at a cost about $300 less than my dealer wanted. It doesn't cover expendables like brake pads, etc. You can find out about the warranty features and coverage at:
    http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/...d-service.html. I don't know anything about RPM 1.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

My 2012RTL was past the factory warranty and the PO hadn't seen fit to any additional warranty on it. I asked the dealer if he had any additional warranty available and he said no he knew of no one other then Best which wasn't available. There is a very good RV dealer in Richfield who also sells used Spyders.I called him and he told me about Zurich. 2 years for 1200. 50.00 deductable and if it isn't list as not covered it is covered.Charlotte is currently int the shop having the compressor replaced. Glad I got that warranty.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze