Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 S Needing wheelchair Modifications

I am new to the board. I live in Franktown Colorado, just south east of Denver. I am purchasing my F3 S today. I am in need of information on wheelchair holder/lifts that are available for purchase. I would rather buy on than have one built. I talked to Justin at ISCI yesterday about the Brake conversion so unless someone knows of one available now I am good there. I need help with the holder/lift.. Please contact me ASAP.

Spyder Garage

Check enable spyderlovers forum on this site
    Last edited by jtoro1; 09-25-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    Check enable spyderlovers forum on this site
    I am not sure what your saying for me to do?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome. Just a few weeks ago someone sold an F3 with the wheelchair holder on it and I don't think the buyers needed it. Let me do a little searching and I'll see what I can come up with
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok, here was the original thread and it has the old owner's phone number. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...3S-E6-FOR-SALE
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Welcome. Just a few weeks ago someone sold an F3 with the wheelchair holder on it and I don't think the buyers needed it. Let me do a little searching and I'll see what I can come up with
    That would be awesome. Thank you for your help.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok, here was the original thread and it has the old owner's phone number. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...3S-E6-FOR-SALE
    I am pretty sure I cannot get my chair into that one when I am alone. I think I need the ones that go along side the rear tire down low. Thank you for your help on this one and any other leads you may have.
    E

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Hutchens View Post
    I am pretty sure I cannot get my chair into that one when I am alone. I think I need the ones that go along side the rear tire down low. Thank you for your help on this one and any other leads you may have.
    E
    You may give that guy a call just to see what other info he can give you. I am trying to find out the contact info for a guy who was at Spyders in the Redwoods in August who is in a wheelchair but also makes modifications for sale to other enabled riders.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You may give that guy a call just to see what other info he can give you. I am trying to find out the contact info for a guy who was at Spyders in the Redwoods in August who is in a wheelchair but also makes modifications for sale to other enabled riders.
    I did give Jim a call and he happens to have the Brake set up he built available to send me. I will still be looking for a way to load my chair onto the bike. Thank you so much for your help getting in touch with Jim.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Check this guy out

I am new to the board. I live in Franktown Colorado, just south east of Denver. I am purchasing my F3 S today. I am in need of information on wheelchair holder/lifts that are available for purchase. I would rather buy on than have one built. I talked to Justin at ISCI yesterday about the Brake conversion so unless someone knows of one available now I am good there. I need help with the holder/lift.. Please contact me ASAP.
    I met him last month at spyders in the redwoods. I've seen his work and he builds and uses what you describe. Patrick Cottini (530) 570-3947 pcottini@live.com and he lives in Chico California. The name of his business is "SpyderEyes Fabrication." Good luck and happy trails.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I met him last month at spyders in the redwoods. I've seen his work and he builds and uses what you describe. Patrick Cottini (530) 570-3947 pcottini@live.com and he lives in Chico California. The name of his business is "SpyderEyes Fabrication." Good luck and happy trails.
    That is awesome. I will give him a call now. I appreciate how quickly this is coming together. I will keep you updated on the progress.
    E

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    You beat me to it. I couldn't remember his name so I went to a friend on Facebook, she gave me the name and then I realized that I even had his business card.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You beat me to it. I couldn't remember his name so I went to a friend on Facebook, she gave me the name and then I realized that I even had his business card.
    You guys are AWESOME.. I talked with Patrick and it sounds like he can hook me up all the way around. I appreciate the quick response so I can get out in the wind ASAP.. Still looking at upwards of a month to get it all built and shipped to me but it is in the works.. Woo HOO. Eddy

Spyder Garage

I am not sure what your saying for me to do?

At the top of the page go to forum and click Enabled SpyderLovers section they have many ideas and videos

Spyder Garage

Default F3s mods

Eddy you have been given some great advice I was not able to pull up the info on Spyder
    Eyes Fabrication so I do not what type of rack he builds if you go to Enabled Spyder Riders
    you should look at the post from Markjperry he designed a nice system for his folding ti lite
    I designed mine a little different as i want my chair to have the front wheels forward I am a T10 para and myself along with several others have been waiting for the finished product from
    ISCI I spoke with them today and Justin said they are waiting on the master cylinder also
    you should know that they have been saying that it was ALMOST ready since April that is when
    I purchased my F3s please read the post from Jaymac about burning his foot and never ride in tennis shoes high tops or not these bikes are going to be Great when we get them on the road

good luck and Happy Trails
    Ric

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default You were set up 30' from him

In Blue Lake you and your other half were so busy it's a wonder you had time for anything. You folks provide a good service. Thanks again for my alignment.

Spyder Garage

Its GREAT to see things work out here . Yall ROCK

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Its GREAT to see things work out here . Yall ROCK
    After I saw a picture of Patrick Cottini's chair holder, I told him I wanted to get my welder buddy to look at the Spyder to see what he thought before moving on with Patrick's products. Patric told me it would take up to 6 weeks to get it done. Patrick responded right away informing me that all his stuff is pattented, like I was going to steal his ideas. I fully understood that time frame but wanted it done sooner so I could ride. Patrick absolutely freaked out and sent me this email. " You made a disrespectful comment that you could not wait a month so you were going to have your welder friend do the rack. I don't take comments like that lightly. So you have the brake system that sounds like it is going to void your warranty if you put it on, we're my system is patent and on 76 spiders of all models.
    So you have a friend that can weld, I sure you can drive him crazy with all your ideas when my rack can accommodate both a RIDGED and a Folder.
    I have better things to do and clients that appreciate what I make for them and don't try to tell me how to put a wheelchair on a Can Am Spyder that is DMV AND HYW PATROL APPOVED!"
    I made no less than 8 attempts to apologize to Patrick on voice messages, texts and emails as I felt very bad that he was so upset with me.
    This is just fyi for future disabled riders, do not make him mad at you. I will and am getting my own systems built, I just wanted you guys to see how he handled me since he was recommended. Super nice guy until I said I wanted to look at other options first.
    I have been in a wheelchair for 33 years and have met some people confined to wheelchairs that had a chip on their shoulder but this guy takes the cake. I am not a drama kind of guy but sure felt this needed shared. If I did anything wrong and I stress IF, I tried my best to apologize with no response from Patrick.

Sent from my iPhone

Spyder Garage

After I saw a picture of Patrick Cottini's chair holder, I told him I wanted to get my welder buddy to look at the Spyder to see what he thought before moving on with Patrick's products. Patric told me it would take up to 6 weeks to get it done. Patrick responded right away informing me that all his stuff is pattented, like I was going to steal his ideas. I fully understood that time frame but wanted it done sooner so I could ride. Patrick absolutely freaked out and sent me this email. " You made a disrespectful comment that you could not wait a month so you were going to have your welder friend do the rack. I don't take comments like that lightly. So you have the brake system that sounds like it is going to void your warranty if you put it on, we're my system is patent and on 76 spiders of all models.
    So you have a friend that can weld, I sure you can drive him crazy with all your ideas when my rack can accommodate both a RIDGED and a Folder.
    I have better things to do and clients that appreciate what I make for them and don't try to tell me how to put a wheelchair on a Can Am Spyder that is DMV AND HYW PATROL APPOVED!"
    I made no less than 8 attempts to apologize to Patrick on voice messages, texts and emails as I felt very bad that he was so upset with me.
    This is just fyi for future disabled riders, do not make him mad at you. I will and am getting my own systems built, I just wanted you guys to see how he handled me since he was recommended. Super nice guy until I said I wanted to look at other options first.
    I have been in a wheelchair for 33 years and have met some people confined to wheelchairs that had a chip on their shoulder but this guy takes the cake. I am not a drama kind of guy but sure felt this needed shared. If I did anything wrong and I stress IF, I tried my best to apologize with no response from Patrick.

Sent from my iPhone
    Well for what it is worth I don't see where you did anything wrong. I would have done the same thing you did. Judging from his e-mail you are better off proceeding without him. Having had an artificial leg for over fifty years I have had plenty of experience getting essentially screwed by well meaning people plus a few less than well meaning folks who couldn't deliver what they said they could in the end.

Having never having heard of this guy I did a search and would have thought that "having done 76 spyders of all types" I would have been able to find at least something on his products being "patented" and all. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I couldn't find a thing on anything except his law suit, wheel chair racing and the accident that caused his injuries.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ard View Post
    Well for what it is worth I don't see where you did anything wrong. I would have done the same thing you did. Judging from his e-mail you are better off proceeding without him. Having had an artificial leg for over fifty years I have had plenty of experience getting essentially screwed by well meaning people plus a few less than well meaning folks who couldn't deliver what they said they could in the end.

Having never having heard of this guy I did a search and would have thought that "having done 76 spyders of all types" I would have been able to find at least something on his products being "patented" and all. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I couldn't find a thing on anything except his law suit, wheel chair racing and the accident that caused his injuries.
    I am completely lost as well.. He has nothing on the web about him. I truly believe his chip is part of being in the wheelchair, some just feel the world owes them for their loss. It is what it is and I am sure you are right, much better off in the long run without him. What if I got the products and something went wrong? A normal person/business person would have at least responded telling me to move on but he would not even reply to any of my attempts to make things right.

Spyder Garage

Default wheelchair mods

Eddy,you made the right call on this one I was not able to find his design at all
    please note the post from Mike Arnt it looks like ISCI will be shipping the
    Handbrake ne I have used a wheelchair for 43 years there have been some pretty slick mods for hanging a wheelchair on the side be mindful of adding to much weight on one side I have a TI Lite TX about 24 lbs I havent seen any comments about how much weight it takes to upset the balance of the bike
    I do know that the wind can be an issue the folded up wheelchair is a fairly good size target for a cross wind I forgot to put the brake on the outside
    wheel once and it was certainly faster than I had ever pushed it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjs View Post
    Eddy,you made the right call on this one I was not able to find his design at all
    please note the post from Mike Arnt it looks like ISCI will be shipping the
    Handbrake ne I have used a wheelchair for 43 years there have been some pretty slick mods for hanging a wheelchair on the side be mindful of adding to much weight on one side I have a TI Lite TX about 24 lbs I havent seen any comments about how much weight it takes to upset the balance of the bike
    I do know that the wind can be an issue the folded up wheelchair is a fairly good size target for a cross wind I forgot to put the brake on the outside
    wheel once and it was certainly faster than I had ever pushed it
    I think so too. He went crazy on me for one reason or another. The way we are going to mount the chair to the bike is this. Two receptacles on the right side to slide my quick release axles into and the chair will hang off the chair's back axle on the other. Sort of like a gun holder. It will be a great set up and will distribute the weight to both sides. I will post all my pictures when it is done. If it turns out like I think, it will be the perfect set up for everyone with a rigid frame. No patents here, LOL, I want to help others where I can.
    Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Eddy Hutchens; 10-03-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default wheelchair mods

Eddy I look forward to seeing the pics and I hope you saw the post from
    Mike he said the cost of the ISCI hand brrake is $1.595 but make sure they
    know that you have a disability
    HAPPY TRAILS and enjoy the ride
    ric

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ric, I have ridden in the dirt since I was 5. I had an enduro when I was 16 but only rode that on streets when mom and dad were not home. This will be awesome!!! This RZR is the 900 pumped up. It belonged to a guy 4 hours from me that is in a chair too. Worked out perfect, hand controls already in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default wheelchair mods

Eddy,
    Sweet ride are you still doing the F3s?
    ric