Spyder Garage

Default handle bar question

​Have heard that from 2013 forward ALL handle bars between models are interchangeable. (This does not apply to the new F-3's).

If this is infact true; are the handle bar ends interchangeable also from one model to the other??

The reason I ask is I would like to get a used RT handlebar to replace my stock bar on my RS. Need the extra back set towards the driver to allow my arms to be more flexed and relaxed. I would like to keep my OEM cruise control which I added to my RS.

Await
    replies from those with technical knowledge. Thanks in advance for your help and insight.

Al

All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The handlebar nomenclature is a bit confusing if you think handlebar as in F3 or regular motorcycle. If I understand you correctly you are going to replace the ST handlebar, part #709400985, with the RT handlebar, part #709401194. You will bolt to the new handlebar the current ends of your ST bars, i.e., twist grip, L & R switches and grips. In my mind what BRP calls handlebar in the parts diagrams I would more appropriately call handlebar frame. To make the swap out, if you have an SE you will also need part numbers 709400577, 709400578, (or if an SM 709400741), eight 205041094, 709400579 and four 210251680.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default 13 ST bars on 14 RS

From all the post I have read; yes they are all interchangeable
    RT bars are easy to find used as many RT guys have switched to the axis adjustable bars.
    I put ST bars on my RS. This is the greatest mod. They are a night and day difference.
    Now I have no pressure on my wrist, arms, and back.
    Riding no longer aggravates my carpel tunnel.
    Now I understand you RT type cruiser guys; never wanted to go more than 50 miles before.
    Now I'm ready for a real road trip. ST bars and ST seat on my 14RS is a great combo.
    Next mod is to lower (2") and move my floorboards forward 2 inches.
    Now I will keep this RS till it's out of warranty April 2018

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    ​Have heard that from 2013 forward ALL handle bars between models are interchangeable. (This does not apply to the new F-3's).

If this is infact true; are the handle bar ends interchangeable also from one model to the other??

The reason I ask is I would like to get a used RT handlebar to replace my stock bar on my RS. Need the extra back set towards the driver to allow my arms to be more flexed and relaxed. I would like to keep my OEM cruise control which I added to my RS.

Await
    replies from those with technical knowledge. Thanks in advance for your help and insight.

Al

You may want to start with some ST bars? I think the "set back" of the RT bars might be a little more than you want IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcruiserman View Post
    From all the post I have read; yes they are all interchangeable
    RT bars are easy to find used as many RT guys have switched to the axis adjustable bars.
    I put ST bars on my RS. This is the greatest mod. They are a night and day difference.
    Now I have no pressure on my wrist, arms, and back.
    Riding no longer aggravates my carpel tunnel.
    Now I understand you RT type cruiser guys; never wanted to go more than 50 miles before.
    Now I'm ready for a real road trip. ST bars and ST seat on my 14RS is a great combo.
    Next mod is to lower (2") and move my floorboards forward 2 inches.
    Now I will keep this RS till it's out of warranty April 2018
    Congratulations! You now have an ST with RS headlights, mirrors and gauges. Enjoy the ride!
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

You will have to cut some tie-wraps under the tupperware to get enough slack in the wires for the longer handlebars but the wires have plenty of length.

Before:

After:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller