Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Cross Country = RT wannabe?

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

it's still gonna appeal to different markets! i'm liking the f3 "bagger", but still don't care for the rt!!! jmho!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

They didn't let the cruiser be a cruiser for long... nice looking and will do well no doubt. They did get the message about the storage...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think it's a nice addition to the product line. U-fit technology with enough storage to carry more than a toothbrush. Works for me, though I still like my Fat White Chick more.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP was listening

I think BRP did a good job listening to some of the people who purchased a 2015 F3 and wanted more wind protection a stereo system
    and more storage all in a package deal not a bunch of add ons that they had to wait long periods of time for after they ordered them.

Spyder Garage

I like the look of The F3 Limited. I can see it replacing the RT in the future once they have a top bag for it.

Spyder Garage

Default Sticker shock

I'm liking the looks of the red F3-T and the white F3 limited. I guess I would think the cross country package would be inclusive in the F3 Limited for that price.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    I like the look of The F3 Limited. I can see it replacing the RT in the future once they have a top bag for it.
    I disagree. There's still going to be a substantial market, I feel, for the RT's riding position.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

I traded a 2014 RT for a 2015 F3 and I am a happy camper. While I gave up the storage, I have to say that I prefer the riding posture of the F3. Now, while I do appreciate what BRP is trying to do, address some "wants" from the 2015 model, I have to say that I like my 2015. First, I am NOT a radio listener while I ride, so the audio addition is not my thing. I prefer my 2015 mirrors/module with my F4 windshield vs. the new style, but that is just me. To me, it just looks a little more motorcyclish, if I may use that word. I guess, if the touring model would have been available, I would have considered it. But, as soon as I add the Corbin bags to my 2015, I think I will be happy for quite a while! Now, you folks that DO buy one of the new models, keep those reports comin'!!

Spyder Garage

I am liking the more streamlined looks of the F3 touring. I am now running into issues boarding and getting off my RT (as in getting my leg over the seat).

Going to have to look at the lower height of the F3 seat and see how much that and the U Fit system can help or not. Also wondering about the new "coast to coast" version of the seat and if its as good as they say. That would be a first if so.

I really don't want to give up riding yet.

Have not checked the pricing yet--so I am just in the brainstorming stages. I have six months to decide what to do.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-19-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

An F3-RT should not be a replacement for the existing RT line. I for one cannot get comfortable on a F3, regardless of how it's configured.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    I'm liking the looks of the red F3-T and the white F3 limited. I guess I would think the cross country package would be inclusive in the F3 Limited for that price.
    All of the F3 T features are included in the F3 LTD package. Add radio, heated grips, floorboards, Shamrock wheels, and some real chrome pieces on the LTD version. And red is good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    An F3-RT should not be a replacement for the existing RT line. I for one cannot get comfortable on a F3, regardless of how it's configured.
    The F-3 model line has been expanded in useful directions; but I don't seeing it replacing the RT as the premium touring bike in the line-up.
    I also prefer the RT's seating position.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I like the fact that the new F3-T and F3 Limited will have a trailer hitch option. This is good news for anyone needing to haul a trailer. I'm not sure though that this hitch will work on all other F3's. The catalog only lists it for the F3-T and F3-LTD.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that Lamont mentioned in another thread, that it wouldn't.
    I wonder if they also "tightened-up" Nanny's control of the bike, for this addition?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like the looks of this F3-T. Hope they have some in Daytona this
    year for Biketoberfest for demo rides!
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The RT is doomed! [emoji33] [emoji38]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    The RT is doomed! [emoji33] [emoji38]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Don't think so. It should be at least 10 years before we are all dead and gone.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think the F3-T will be a hit with some but I doubt it will replace the RT The RT is made for the long haul, the F3-T is a bagger...a cruiser with more storage. I think there's more than enough market for both. I love the look of the F3 but don't want to give up the storage and long range comfort of my RT.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default Seat and windshield are accessories

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    All of the F3 T features are included in the F3 LTD package. Add radio, heated grips, floorboards, Shamrock wheels, and some real chrome pieces on the LTD version. And red is good.
    I was talking about the cross country seat and the windshield being extra cost options, as I understand it. I would have thought that would be standard on the F3 Limited.

Spyder Garage

I was talking about the cross country seat and the windshield being extra cost options, as I understand it. I would have thought that would be standard on the F3 Limited.
    Are you gonna buy one?

Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

I asked someone who should know but have not heard back yet. Did not see the seat in the abbreviated accessory catalog shown so far. There appears to be a taller windshield on the Limited edition.

The Limited is advertised as coming with a "limited" seat. If its like some models in the past--it means that the word "limited" is stitched on the seat. Would bet the Cross Country is $$ extra. What I was trying to find out is how much.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    Are you gonna buy one?

I gotta laugh every time you say that, but nonetheless appreciate the gesture. I don't want to paint my wife as the bad guy, but she sees this whole Spyder obsession of mine as a huge waste of money. So I just follow along on SL. Ironically, we just had another conversation about me buying a Spyder what with the new model releases.

Spyder Garage

I'll be trading my 2012 RT up for the F3-T as soon as I can work it out financially. It is exactly what I want in a Spyder. Tired of feeling like a geezer on the RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'll be trading my 2012 RT up for the F3-T as soon as I can work it out financially. It is exactly what I want in a Spyder. Tired of feeling like a geezer on the RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess I fall into that geezer group, but I don't blame you!!