Spyder Garage

Default Refund of premium on best warranty

I recently traded my spyder (sorry spyder lovers I know how each of you feel), my question is can I get a refund of my Best premium? For those wondering, I returned to my previous love. That being a Goldwing Roadsmith trike conversion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy1144 View Post
    I recently traded my spyder (sorry spyder lovers I know how each of you feel), my question is can I get a refund of my Best premium? For those wondering, I returned to my previous love. That being a Goldwing Roadsmith trike conversion.
    No, It goes with the Spyder and the next owner get to use it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about a pic of that new Trike?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For our education tell us briefly what it is about the 'wing trike that made you want to go back to it. Handling, comfort, power, bike features, reliability, or what? We know the Spyder isn't for everyone, although we wonder why not . Your experience may help us to be more understanding and objective in discussions with others in describing the pros and cons of the Spyder to potential owners.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats..!!

picture would be nice..of the new trike...not familiar with the Best program others did refund the balance at time of sale. Never hurts to ask..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I had an extended warranty beyond the Best and got a refund.
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if Goldwing factory made trikes ... guess who would buy one ?

osm

Spyder Garage

Default Pic of the new Trike for Bob D

Bob D.

Thanks for your interest. I'm getting ready to respond to WasWinger's request in a few minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Why the Goldwing? For WasWinger

Let me start by thanking everyone for providing info on improving my 2015 Spyder RT Limited. I owned my Spyder for 61 days and did my best to "love" it. I installed spring stiffeners, Baja Ron Sway Bar, I had laser alignment, I constantly monitored the air pressure in the tires. Every addition improved the performance, but the bike never did come close to my recently sold Goldwing roadsmith trike. Now I realize that many spyderlovers have compared the two bikes and have chosen the spyder. I understand & I would never try to steer you away from your love.
    Now what do I like about my Roadsmith? First, with one wheel in the front, I only get half of the road vibrations in the handle bars. With a 6 degree rake I get excellent power steering. With 1832 cc motor, I've got power beyond any that I will ever need. I've got a solid drive shaft, not a belt to worry about. I don't worry about gravel, nor do I worry about the computer going down. I don't have to use a higher grade fuel and I don't have to pay for expensive maintenance. I don't worry about an extended warranty because the bike is a Goldwing.
    Lastly, I would like to suggest that if any SpydeLover is in my area (Madisonville, KY) and would like to test my bike, you can give me a call (270-836-0943) and I will gladly let you see the difference. If you ride any other, please make sure that it is a Roadsmith(IRS) or Hannigan(IRS) (because of the length) and that it has a 6 degree rake.
    I sincerely thank each and everyone of you for your forum and your participation on it. I have learned a lot and I have asked a lot of dumb questions, but that's the way we all learn.

Spyder Garage

and enjoy your new ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That's a beautiful ride and as you said you can't go wrong with the Goldwing motor. I hope it serves you well.

Spyder Garage

Default Class

Poppy,

That was a very classy way to bow out. You're a real gentleman. Best of luck.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Default Class

Poppy,

I do hope you enjoy that Goldwing trike! Thank you for all the nice words you said.
    Mods:

Spyder Garage

I hope you don't become a stranger to the SpyderLover's board. Us "three wheelers" need to stick together. Congrats on your new ride, and stay safe.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Bob D.

Thanks for your interest. I'm getting ready to respond to WasWinger's request in a few minutes.
    that is a real beauty.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for your comments. Your reasons for changing are quite understandable.

Now what do I like about my Roadsmith? First, with one wheel in the front, I only get half of the road vibrations in the handle bars.
    That one surprises me as I never noticed any difference in vibration in the handlebars going from my 2005 Goldwing to the Spyder.

With a 6 degree rake I get excellent power steering.
    I think no rake or insufficient rake may be why some have commented that the conventional trike is harder to steer. At least you don't have to worry about a power steering unit crapping out!

With 1832 cc motor, I've got power beyond any that I will ever need.
    That's for sure. I wonder what Honda will do next in the engine design as more power isn't needed.

I've got a solid drive shaft, not a belt to worry about.
    Many of us have said we wished BRP would have gone with a drive shaft ala the 'wing.

I don't worry about gravel, nor do I worry about the computer going down.
    Great for peace of mind. I don't think the Spyder ECM has been much of a problem at all, but some of the other processors have been. In fact I believe almost all engine ECMs are pretty reliable.

I don't have to use a higher grade fuel and I don't have to pay for expensive maintenance.
    Definitely a plus for the the wallet.

I don't worry about an extended warranty because the bike is a Goldwing.
    I expect the Spyder will be just as good by the time it gets to its 20th anniversary. Hard to believe the Goldwing has been around for 40 years now!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)