Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SOUND DIFFERENCE

Quote Originally Posted by TroyboyRn View Post
    Hello. Was just wondering if anyone has checked the decibel level of the stock verses cat replacement and cat replacement with the baffles. I've seen videos but they are hard to tell the difference in loadness. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ....with Kingfish above......although I don't have a meter reading to give you .....when I did mine Delete + H.M. Baffle , I was concerned about what the sound change would be.........To me LOUDER is NOT BETTER ....I'm an X- Goldwinger and love my Tunes so I was a bit worried .......Not to worry friend, I bumped my radio level up only one notch and can hear at the same level as before. ........jmho.....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Big city thunder

Can anyone tell me if the bypass needs to be removed from the F3 to be installed?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genet View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the bypass needs to be removed from the F3 to be installed?
    Yes, the cat delete needs to be removed. The baffle goes inside the cat delete pipe

Last edited by Marker; 05-10-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

If you already have the cat bypass installed, you can much easier install the baffle at the muffler end by just removing the clamp and muffler and leaving the bypass pipe alone. It works exactly the same and fits just fine.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    If you already have the cat bypass installed, you can much easier install the baffle at the muffler end by just removing the clamp and muffler and leaving the bypass pipe alone. It works exactly the same and fits just fine.
    Although I had to replace the secondary muffler with the bypass, I took your advice and placed the baffle at the other end, closest to the primary muffler. That way if I don't want the baffle, I just disconnect the primary muffler.

I pointed my baffle out. Love the sound, and it is NOT too loud. My goodness, it is hardly louder than stock, but it just is deeper. The ENGINE makes more noise in my opinion. Heck, on my first run to hear it, there were too many 4x4 trucks driving around me! They were LOUD!

I immediately noticed how much easier the engine seemed to be working at the RPM range that I normally shift.

Deceleration seemed to auto shift better too. Could be my imagination.

I bought a spring hook at an auto parts place. It was $12, and probably is a $2 tool, but it was angled perfectly to get that nasty top spring back in place.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Love this new addition.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default But baffle

I am riding the f3t and love this bike. As a kid, I used to drill holes in my bikes's stock mufflers to get louder effect. Later, put on megaphones. Now, at age 71 and wanting to tour with my wife, LOUD is driving me nuts. I have the cat delete bypass and want to baffle this thing to run as quiet as possible, without reinstalling the converter. More power is not my objective.
    I will be ordering the BCT baffle from Lamonster and spoke with Lamont about the feasibility of installing 2 (two) BCTs. Double the back pressure effect?? Run quieter/smoother, particularly at highway speeds?
    Anyone have any ideas on this? Lamont did not believe it would have any negative effects.
    Would appreciate more info on this subject - thanks.
    Last edited by fritzer1; 06-21-2016 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Edit Subject to read BCT baffle

Spyder Garage

Default BCT baffle

Well fellas, we must have beat this topic to death, as no takers on my last post. So, I will respond - received my BCT today and installed per Lamont's direction. I must be tone deaf, because I could not detect one inkling of a difference. No reduction in noise or change in tone, no reduction in deceleration popping. Now, I realize we have been dealing with different mufflers at exhaust, but for my F3T muffler, no difference whatsoever.
    Before reinstalling the cat converter, think I'll try my own theory to load the bypass pipe with one more BCT, this one at the muffler end, per JCThrone's suggestion.
    Waste of time and moolah??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fritzer1 View Post
    Well fellas, we must have beat this topic to death, as no takers on my last post. So, I will respond - received my BCT today and installed per Lamont's direction. I must be tone deaf, because I could not detect one inkling of a difference. No reduction in noise or change in tone, no reduction in deceleration popping. Now, I realize we have been dealing with different mufflers at exhaust, but for my F3T muffler, no difference whatsoever.
    Before reinstalling the cat converter, think I'll try my own theory to load the bypass pipe with one more BCT, this one at the muffler end, per JCThrone's suggestion.
    Waste of time and moolah??

Unfortunately if what you are looking for is quiet, I think you are spinning your wheels. You will either need a better muffler or go back to the factory primary muffler.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

What do you think the benefit if any would be in welding the baffle to the pipe?
    It would force all the exhaust to exit from the baffle instead of the baffle and the pretty big gap between the side walls of exhaust pipe.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beefybudds View Post
    What do you think the benefit if any would be in welding the baffle to the pipe?
    It would force all the exhaust to exit from the baffle instead of the baffle and the pretty big gap between the side walls of exhaust pipe.
    Thanks

None. The gap is smaller than the holes in the baffle.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BCT Baffles

I have a 2014 RTL 1330 with Lamonster performance pipe and baffle. I also have a 2bro exhaust. It's way too loud. I put a P1X silencer in it. Still too loud. Stock muffler with performance pipe sounds like a high pitched fart. Question to BTC or Lamonster is, if I was to add a second BTC just before entering the muffler, would that reduce sound or would it not make a difference? I also need more back pressure. Lost low end torque. Would a second BTC increase back pressure? Wish someone would come up with a quieter muffler but lower tone than stock or 2bros.
    Two-lane blacktop isn't a highway — it's an attitude. ~Author Unknown

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster performance pipe

Has anyone used a smaller muffler where the cat used to be? I was thinking about using Lamonster pipe, drilling a lot of small holes in it, building a case around it and filling it with stainless wool as a pre muffler. Pros and cons?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Same

Quote Originally Posted by fritzer1 View Post
    I am riding the f3t and love this bike. As a kid, I used to drill holes in my bikes's stock mufflers to get louder effect. Later, put on megaphones. Now, at age 71 and wanting to tour with my wife, LOUD is driving me nuts. I have the cat delete bypass and want to baffle this thing to run as quiet as possible, without reinstalling the converter. More power is not my objective.
    I will be ordering the BCT baffle from Lamonster and spoke with Lamont about the feasibility of installing 2 (two) BCTs. Double the back pressure effect?? Run quieter/smoother, particularly at highway speeds?
    Anyone have any ideas on this? Lamont did not believe it would have any negative effects.
    Would appreciate more info on this subject - thanks.
    I don't like the stock sound with or without the cat. Without the cat any after market muffler that fits is too loud. The stock muffler is stupid sounding. Why can't someone come up with a low tone exhaust system? I too am going to try a second BCT baffle at the muffler. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82009 View Post
    I don't like the stock sound with or without the cat. Without the cat any after market muffler that fits is too loud. The stock muffler is stupid sounding. Why can't someone come up with a low tone exhaust system? I too am going to try a second BCT baffle at the muffler. Good luck.

I removed Cat have a BCT and use a RT muffler.
    The guy I ride with uses a Yoshimura R-77 very quite and he has pipe Lamont doesn't even sell anymore which was way to loud!

Spyder Garage

Smile Exhaust

Has anyone used a smaller muffler where the cat used to be? I was thinking about using Lamonster pipe, drilling a lot of small holes in it, building a case around it and filling it with stainless wool as a pre muffler. Pros and cons?
    I'm thinking a small resonator in place of the cat would be ideal. Lower restriction, smooth out the high exhaust notes and keep any pulse tuning that might be in place.

Gutting the cat would be equivalent although no weight savings.

I have all the gear to measure back pressure, a/f ratio and sound levels of the various exhaust options out there. Just have to find time to start swapping and measuring.

I also have an on board gps based dyno but its been pretty inconsistent so far. Hopefully i can get it working well so can also measure torque changes.

Cheers,
    2015 F3 SM6
    Windscreen, bags, backrest, cowl, BajaRon anti-sway bar
    Two Bros exhaust

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Resonator

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonf3 View Post
    I'm thinking a small resonator in place of the cat would be ideal. Lower restriction, smooth out the high exhaust notes and keep any pulse tuning that might be in place.

Gutting the cat would be equivalent although no weight savings.

I have all the gear to measure back pressure, a/f ratio and sound levels of the various exhaust options out there. Just have to find time to start swapping and measuring.

I also have an on board gps based dyno but its been pretty inconsistent so far. Hopefully i can get it working well so can also measure torque changes.

Cheers,
    I've found a couple that might work with a little welding. Think I'll take a closer look.

Spyder Garage

Default Keep us posted

I've found a couple that might work with a little welding. Think I'll take a closer look.
    Let me know what you do. Keep us posted

Spyder Garage

Default Keeping posted

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    Let me know what you do. Keep us posted
    I'm interested as well. Right now I'm looking at adding a Flowmaster Super 10 inline with my TwoBro's exhaust. It's called a muffler but basically is a chamber with some deflectors to direct the flow. The centre in, offset out model should fit the bill. Will have to make or find some adapters though.

2015 F3 SM6
    Two Bros exhaust

Spyder Garage

Default Measurements

Quote Originally Posted by TroyboyRn View Post
    Hello. Was just wondering if anyone has checked the decibel level of the stock verses cat replacement and cat replacement with the baffles. I've seen videos but they are hard to tell the difference in loudness. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the gear to do this along with any back pressure changes. The only thing I'm missing is the baffle. Would be great if someone could loan me a baffle or provide me the measurements so I can make a temporary one up just to test. For measurements I would need the cone length, size of holes and space between them, along with size of opening at the end.

cheers,
    2015 F3 SM6
    Two Bros exhaust

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cone

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonf3 View Post
    I have the gear to do this along with any back pressure changes. The only thing I'm missing is the baffle. Would be great if someone could loan me a baffle or provide me the measurements so I can make a temporary one up just to test. For measurements I would need the cone length, size of holes and space between them, along with size of opening at the end.

cheers,
    The cone is 2" tapered in and has a 2" pipe. 4" total. I'm thinking the cone could be 4". The part with holes has about as many holes as you could put in it. The cat is like a chamber muffler. Only the inlet has one filter about 2-3" thick. You could easily go through inlet and clean the restricting filter out. Then you basically have a chamber muffler. I might try to find another cat and try it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought PitBull's complete exhaust at Spyderfest and really love the sound. Way better than the stock muffler with the bypass.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BAFFLE !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joelthebiker View Post
    I ordered the bypass pipe today, but thought the price of the baffle was way to high. I bought a different baffle on ebay for $5 that will do the same thing.
    ........This will provide some back-pressure ....but might not provide enough back-pressure ..........Please let us know how it turns out for you ...............Mike

Spyder Garage

Anyone actually try the double baffle yet? Results?