Spyder Garage

Default My Review of Ride Now in Chandler, Arizona

There has been much grumbling about the lack of good Spyder service in Arizona, and more specifically, in the Phoenix area. The dominant Can Am dealer in the valley, Ride Now, has been slammed repeatedly, and most likely deservedly so. This time, I want to say something positive.

As humans, it's natural for us to want to lash out when we feel we have been treated poorly, but whenever we have a good experience, we often times don't bother to say anything. I have been guilty of that myself.

Today, I had a very good experience with the service department at Ride Now in Chandler. I brought my Spyder in because the latch on my glove compartment lid was not functioning, and they had ordered a replacement latch for me. I cannot say enough good things about the experience I had.

Here is my verbatim review on Yelp:

This review is about my experience with the service department, and does not in any way exonerate the sales department for the horrible experience I reported in another review.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I was hesitant to bring my Spyder to Ride Now after my experience with the sales department, and in light of all the horrible reviews about Ride Now around the country. But they are close to my house, and I thought I'd give the service department a shot when I need some minor warranty work done.

I was pleasantly surprised.

The service department is like night and day compared to the sales department. Within minutes of talking to service adviser Drew, I got a sense that they really cared about me as a customer. Drew proved to be knowledgeable, helpful, and very customer service oriented. When I made the appointment with him earlier in the week, he estimated a two hour wait. When I checked in this morning, he told me that it would probably be a lot less than that. So I hung around for awhile. As I was standing around, several people from the service department politely asked if I was being helped. That was impressive. In just over an hour Drew came out and told me that I was ready to go. Not only did they fix the issue, they even washed my Spyder!

They really made me feel like a valued customer. I highly recommend Ride Now Chandler for service!

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

From your lips to the ears of the other RideNow dealers in the Phoenix area. I'm very happy it went well for you, I'll be taking my bike in for warranty work when I get back from a Colorado ryde.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    From your lips to the ears of the other RideNow dealers in the Phoenix area. I'm very happy it went well for you, I'll be taking my bike in for warranty work when I get back from a Colorado ryde.
    I talked with Drew about the negative reviews. He said they (his location) are doing everything they can to repair their reputation, but he has no control over the other locations' service department. IMO, What they need is someone to step up as the Corporate Service Manager and oversee each of their locations to make sure that every one of them is on the same page in terms of quality of service. But in order to do that, Ride Now as a company has to adopt a better attitude about the value of a customer.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

I am thinking that every little bit helps.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one..!!

you should never give up on the dealers around you. Things change, people move, policies change so I visit them from time to time to see if anything is different. Sadly not the service department (do my own work) but do ask about it. But you are right in that we tend to report, complain, critisize etc the evil, wicket, mean, bad and nasty and seldom comment on the good. Glad they took care of you and perhaps your post will reach other AZ members here and they will give them a second chance...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Good to know. I'm due for some service work.
    Rawhide Kid
    2014 Spyder RT Limited. Cognac
    Goodyear, AZ

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    you should never give up on the dealers around you. Things change, people move, policies change so I visit them from time to time to see if anything is different. Sadly not the service department (do my own work) but do ask about it. But you are right in that we tend to report, complain, critisize etc the evil, wicket, mean, bad and nasty and seldom comment on the good. Glad they took care of you and perhaps your post will reach other AZ members here and they will give them a second chance...

The service department at my dealer was alright, but problematic enough that I was thinking about ryding 50 miles or more to other dealerships. Then they hired an amazing new service tech. This guy not only does excellent work, he also seems to have inspired the entire department to take pride in their work and to deliver more than expected. I'm just hoping they treat him really well so he stays there for years.

Spyder Garage

As for RideNow Chandler I will not be back any time soon. I bought my 1st RT there and bought a service plan, which of course was good at RideNow. After three weeks in the service dept. for waterpump repairs and to receive it back with busted chrome and scratches ( must have brought it in that way), I was less than happy! Then mistakely considering I might want to trade, I went to the insult (sales dept) and now will now be a repeat customer!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

Default Ride Now - Chandler

have been a customer of Ride Now/Chandler since 2004.
    Purchased several STAR cruisers 04 Vstar 1100, 06 RSTD, 07 Venture and most recently 2014 RT for my wife.
    Service department has had its ups-n-downs over the years due to changing personnel.
    Aric and Drew have always been most responsive when any issue has occurred --
    i.e. - their failure to pump up the rear brakes after pad replacement made for quite an interesting first stop.
    Anyway - i will continue to use them as needed but always with my eyes wide open.
    ride safe,
    Pappy