Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Hmmm . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
    Can you bump start with the SE6?

I haven't had to bump start anything in a long time, but I like having that option.

. . . . I don't think ( guess ) that you can do that with a SE or a SM. I wouldn't think it would work if there was a dead battery - too many other things are dependent upon power in order for the engine to crank. I am not sure what other conditions could exist where the bike has power, but won't start. ( of course if you are out of gas . . . . but bump starting would not work then either )

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Maybe a battery too low to crank the starter but strong enough to boot the ECU and power the fuel pump? Or maybe the starter goes bad?

I dunno. Like I said I haven't had to bump start anything in a long time!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Update and a question

After due diligence searching the forum and other sources, a couple of observations:
    Dealer based customer support sounds sketchy and problematic. Dealer network sounds few and far between.
    Maintenance via dealers is expensive, ( the $ figures I have seen here for oil changes are mind boggling).
    The FS3 doesn't appear to quite have the reliability of Japanese bikes, although not a deal breaker from what I've read here.
    Having said all this, my test ride revealed a huge 'fun factor' and that's probably why most of us ride.
    I will probably make a final decision this winter.
    My question is what is the minimum required dealer based service required to keep the warranty ?

Thanks.
    Jack.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have used my car to start my 49cc scooter. Worked like a charm

Spyder Garage

Jack, don't worry TOO much about dealers if you have more than one within reasonable ryding distance. I bought my F3S an hour East of Dallas, TX and rode it up to Arlington, WA in a matter of days. No issues, no need to go to dealers, everything was great. If there are issues, there are half a dozen dealers around here so I can pick and choose. I've read a thread or two from members who had their engines replaced under factory warranty and were very well taken care of. Maintenance doesn't have to happen til the first 3k miles and I believe oil changes every 10k after that.
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6