Spyder Garage

Default Ella Front Shocks

Just purchased the Elka Stage 2 front shocks for our F3-S. Any suggestions or tips for installation. Anyone have experience with getting a "starting point" for adjustment.
    I weight 170 without riding clothes ( full protective gear).
    My wife will be the predominate rider and her weight is aprox 145 lb.

Spyder Garage

Your Elka shocks should be preset and should not need to be adjusted. Len at Pitbull Power sports will be able to answer any questions and or help you through any adjustments.

Spyder Garage

Default Elka

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    Your Elka shocks should be preset and should not need to be adjusted. Len at Pitbull Power sports will be able to answer any questions and or help you through any adjustments.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Don't have the shocks yet, but will ride and test with our different weights.
    i assume some adjustment would improve handling considering the disparity in our weight (aprox 40 lb).

Spyder Garage

Default Shocks

Just a question?
    Did you try adjusting the stock front shocks?
    I adjusted mine and decided they were good enough! IMHO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I got
    My front Elka's I talked to the Elka people in Canada. I weigh more and ride alone. No passenger and don't plant to race. Their recommendation was to get the Stage 1 for both front and rear. They came ready to install. No measurements needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Elka

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Just a question?
    Did you try adjusting the stock front shocks?
    I adjusted mine and decided they were good enough! IMHO
    I did try to adjust the front shocks, but they do no have any dampening feature.
    When I adjusted the front stock shocks, there was was to much rebound on uneven pavement. While Cornering on even pavement improved with the adjusted stock shocks, they were not compliant when I rode aggressively through the twisties that had bumps, tar snakes, and off comber corners.
    I am hoping that the Elka shocks with their dampening feature will improve the ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    I did try to adjust the front shocks, but they do no have any dampening feature.
    When I adjusted the front stock shocks, there was was to much rebound on uneven pavement. While Cornering on even pavement improved with the adjusted stock shocks, they were not compliant when I rode aggressively through the twisties that had bumps, tar snakes, and off comber corners.
    I am hoping that the Elka shocks with their dampening feature will improve the ride.
    Wow mine worked great after I adjusted.

Thanks for answering!

Spyder Garage

Default Elka Shocks-Skin Removal

Attempted to remove the stock shocks on my F3-S to install the Elka Stage two shocks WITHOUT removing any panels. No way! Fat fingers, fat tools, and no flexibility.
    I will try to remove the side panels tomorrow. However, I don't have a clue on how to remove the side panel right next to the shock. Some of the fasteners are obvious and it looks like I have to remove the front panel and grill???? HELP. The "wizards of panel removal", please just point me in the right direction. Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Attempted to remove the stock shocks on my F3-S to install the Elka Stage two shocks WITHOUT removing any panels. No way! Fat fingers, fat tools, and no flexibility.
    I will try to remove the side panels tomorrow. However, I don't have a clue on how to remove the side panel right next to the shock. Some of the fasteners are obvious and it looks like I have to remove the front panel and grill???? HELP. The "wizards of panel removal", please just point me in the right direction. Any direction is greatly appreciated.
    I download the manual before I took on that task.
    Another set of hands might work better.
    I helped a friend of mine put front shocks not to hard with the two of us.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tried tightening the front stock shocks but found I bounced around to much and put it back to where it was. Since doing a sway bar is a cheaper mode I installed the swaybar and found the cornering much improved. I will stick with this mode for now. Don't see the need right now to go to a better shock.

Spyder Garage

Just looked up in the manual and it says are you ready!
    Lift front of vehicle remove screws!

Spyder Garage

However, I don't have a clue on how to remove the side panel right next to the shock. Some of the fasteners are obvious and it looks like I have to remove the front panel and grill???? HELP. The "wizards of panel removal", please just point me in the right direction. Any direction is greatly appreciated.
    You need to remove the front panel and grille. The side panels you are talking about have 3 pins that are visable, 1 pin near the shock that is hard to see and 1 screw near the shock. Here are some pics of everything removed:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Elka install

Thank you for the pics and vid. Will work on the shocks this afternoon. Again THANKS

Spyder Garage

Default Elka install

Finished the installation of the Elka Stage 2 front shocks on my F3-S.
    I also installed the Baja Ron anti sway bar several weeks ago. This combination of the shcoks and sway bar has made a vast improvement In the handling of the bike. Specifically, when riding on washboard roads the bike is more compliant and tracks much better. No "hippy hoping". With quick turns and sweeping turns there is less dip on the outside radius of the turn, giving you more control. Great up grade Now on to the rear shock
    also, this forum is awesome, great support