Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18,000

Spyder Garage

Default 18,000

SPYD3R LOVERS HAS ALMOST 18,000 MEMBERS, and there are only about 50-75 of us that contribute periodically or on a regular basis to this website... except for Bob D... he's our Rock Star.... 78,000,000 post and counting, or somewhere close to that....

what i'd like to see is
    NEW NAMES & FACES appear.... post pix of yourself and your SPYD3RS.... tell us about yourselves; what you do for a living, where you live, what you like, how you enjoy your lives... come on folks JOIN IN... we all would love to hear what your have to say.....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am new to the spyder arena. I traded in the 2 wheels in May and bought my 2014 rt. I live 70 miles north of Indy. I see very few spyder ' s in my area and feel a bit like a local novelty. Lol.. I get all my useful information from this site from tires to farkles and everything in between. I appreciate all the good information I get here, so keep it coming.. My wife and I ride about 300 to 400 miles a weekend and love every minute of it!!!!! Coolest thing I have ever owned.. Eric

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ericoa View Post
    I am new to the spyder arena. I traded in the 2 wheels in May and bought my 2014 rt. I live 70 miles north of Indy. I see very few spyder ' s in my area and feel a bit like a local novelty. Lol.. I get all my useful information from this site from tires to farkles and everything in between. I appreciate all the good information I get here, so keep it coming.. My wife and I ride about 300 to 400 miles a weekend and love every minute of it!!!!! Coolest thing I have ever owned.. Eric

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Some forums have a dedicated New Members Introduction section. If there is one here I did not see it.

It's a butte. No, it's a mound. Right purdy, too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    SPYD3R LOVERS HAS ALMOST 18,000 MEMBERS, and there are only about 50-75 of us that contribute periodically or on a regular basis to this website... except for Bob D... he's our Rock Star.... 78,000,000 post and counting, or somewhere close to that....

what i'd like to see is
    NEW NAMES & FACES appear.... post pix of yourself and your SPYD3RS.... tell us about yourselves; what you do for a living, where you live, what you like, how you enjoy your lives... come on folks JOIN IN... we all would love to hear what your have to say.....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S
    You are absolutley correct! Same old opinions, same old people trying to increase there post count. We will have to overlook "obsessive Bob". After all he is a fixture around here and his miss's won't let him out in public anymore. What's a guy to do. At least Bob is funny,weird, helpful, loves music and usually has something to add. Then there are the "one word" posters who chime into everything and really say nothing. One of them is taking a self assertiveness class net Monday----if his wife will let him.

Keep those cards and letters coming in folks. Correctness be damned. How do you really feel? Forget about what you think people want to hear. What do you want to say.(no I am not running for president)

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default 18 k

in the technical sense.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a place on the right hand side of the home page that shows new members. You could send them a message and invite them to post.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not new

But I ride more then I post. I get on every night and love reading everything the good and the bad.

Spyder Garage

Just started taking part as I have had more time to focus on the hobby. Think this my 9th post!?
    Be safe.

Spyder Garage

Talking Ok, here it goes.....

what i'd like to see is
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

I am 6'2'' 195lbs married with 2 daughters.... . hihihihihi.... One of the 2, and her husband have 2 RSS and my wife and I also have 2 spyders. One RS and one ST. Therefore we got a trailer made to fit the 4 spyd3rs on it, (i.e. 7'2'' X 20', 2 X 3500lbs axles). I pull the 5th wheel, and they pull the spyd3rs..... We are able and equipped to ''explore'' the north american continent. We are retired, and they still work..... poor them...!!!!!!

Other than that, my wife an I are wagonmasters for a group of RVers. So far we covered Canada from the atlantic (St-Johns,NL) to the Pacific (Vancouver Island, BC), and the USA and Mexico south to Guadalajara and Acapulco, stayed 5 weeks in Puerto Vallarta ,coming back by the pacific coast. Florida including the keys to Key West, and West coast (except California) were also visited. Spent winters in Arizona twice.

When we are home, (not often ) we life north of Montreal, QC. Canada. We also visited France for a month using the car rental and mobile home rental in the campgrounds formula. We skied the Alps, the Rockies, and went to spain for our honeymoon.... The east coast beaches have no secrets for us. (Visited Myrtle beach 27 times, the NC outbanks, Viginia Beach, Cape May, Atlantic city, Cape Cod, Rhode island, N.H. and Maine)

Other than that, I enjoy mechanic, do my own maintenance on the 4 spyd3rs, the Cummins hauler, and the 3 others cars and Jeep.

Other than that, we are quite normal peoples, living our little lives..... as long as the health will hold on, we will continue to live our ''dull'' life

When we are home, we ride with the ''Club Spyder des Laurentides'' every saturday, and are going to Spyderfest and all.... next week, labour day weekend, we will go with 250 other Spyders for a weekend (5 days) in ''lake st-Jean'' Québec, to support the ovary cancer research cause.

Here is a pic of our trailer loaded with the Spyd3rs.....

That's about it......!!!!

Anyone else turn......

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

That's awesome!!! If your riding in MI neck of the woods pm me.

What is not awesome is I haven't scene a post from Bob D on this thread yet.

Sempert out,
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Default Dang your nosey!

I'm a stalker, been reading this site for about two years. Bought my Spyder in April 2015. Test drove Spyder originally in 2014. Finally worked it into my budget this year.
    Rode it 350 miles home 2 days after buying. Made the trip to Spyderfest for an alignment, that wound up being 490 miles, same day.
    Took a trip to Monticello Iowa one day round trip 790 miles. Heading to Vegas September 27th for Vegas Bike Fest. Be home October 4th that should be about 2800 miles give or take depending on weather and which route we take. Right now I have about 3800 smiling miles on my RT.

I do want to thank everyone for their input on this site although you have caused excess stress on my debt load. But very thankful, without your inputs the ride would not be nearly as enjoyable.

I sell wholesale building material's and I am a volunteer firefighter. If you see a Kansas firefighter tag on a Cognac RT S Spyder its probably me.

2014 RT S Cognac
    Spyderpops skidplate and belt guard. Squared Away Alignment. Bajaron Sway Bar. Show Chrome Smart Mount Large Backrest. BRP Adjustable Air Deflectors. Hopnel net and saddle bag liners. Lamonster NBV Highway Bracket - Trident Large Foot Peg. Rivco Cup Holder Mount & Kruzer Kaddy Kustom Kaddy Drink Holder - Leather. Tricled saddlebag, fender side & rear, 3rd & 4th brake light, and mirror turn signal LED's.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting. Like u I stalked this site for a couple years realized I'm probably one of the youngest on here so didn't post. Felt not old enough I guess. Anyways we care about your thoughts and want to learn about your experience as well with your Spyder. Dan P is the reason I started to post more and feel comfortable on here and he probably doesn't even know what impact he had with our first pm back and forth.

So to all you stalkers out there. Bob D knows your looking at spyder lovers so you better start posting something on here.

That last part was a joke.

Sempert out,
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Red face Brand new

My wife and I just purchased a 2015 F3-S and I discovered this forum about a month ago. This is forum is a wealth of information and entertainment. Love just checking in and learning about our F3-S. I still ride two wheels and my wife has adopted the Spyder.
    We live just north of Lake Tahoe in the Calif. Sierra Navada mountains, not far from Reno NV. I am a retired educator and my wife is a semi-retired nurse. So....we have time for riding vacations that have taken us over most of the western states and western Canada.
    While I am still getting used to the three wheel experience, I really enjoy the F3-S. Lots of torque and very comfortable. We took advantage of the fit system for my wife so she is comfortable and confident. At this point we have put on about 1200 miles just Riding around our local roads to points of interest. We are planning a 550 mile ride in a couple of weeks to Mamoth Calif to catch the fall colors. Thanks to the expertise of the forum members I have made several modifications; sway bar, front shocks, xcree wind shield, skid plate, and added brake/turn signal LED. In addition when we purchased the Spyder, we ordered the heated grips, aux. lights, floor boards, and saddle bags (yet to arrive).
    We live in the small,town of Loyalton Ca. and if you are ever in the neighborhood give me a pm and we may have an opportunity to hook up for a ride.
    Again, my thanks to all who contribute to this forum.

Spyder Garage

Default And.....

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    But I ride more then I post. I get on every night and love reading everything the good and the bad.
    What about the ugly..?? I think I fit that catagory...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger1759 View Post
    Heading to Vegas September 27th for Vegas Bike Fest.
    I'll look for you at Bike Fest!

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    My wife and I just purchased a 2015 F3-S and I discovered this forum about a month ago. This is forum is a wealth of information and entertainment. Love just checking in and learning about our F3-S. I still ride two wheels and my wife has adopted the Spyder.
    We live just north of Lake Tahoe in the Calif. Sierra Navada mountains, not far from Reno NV. I am a retired educator and my wife is a semi-retired nurse. So....we have time for riding vacations that have taken us over most of the western states and western Canada.
    While I am still getting used to the three wheel experience, I really enjoy the F3-S. Lots of torque and very comfortable. We took advantage of the fit system for my wife so she is comfortable and confident. At this point we have put on about 1200 miles just Riding around our local roads to points of interest. We are planning a 550 mile ride in a couple of weeks to Mamoth Calif to catch the fall colors. Thanks to the expertise of the forum members I have made several modifications; sway bar, front shocks, xcree wind shield, skid plate, and added brake/turn signal LED. In addition when we purchased the Spyder, we ordered the heated grips, aux. lights, floor boards, and saddle bags (yet to arrive).
    We live in the small,town of Loyalton Ca. and if you are ever in the neighborhood give me a pm and we may have an opportunity to hook up for a ride.
    Again, my thanks to all who contribute to this forum.
    You just missed THE western US Spyder event, Spyders in the Redwoods. Maybe next year. There is a very active Spyder Ryders of America group in the Sacramento area and I know of a few that are in the Tahoe area. They have a Facebook page Spyder Ryders of America - Sacramento Chapter.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

what i'd like to see is
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S
    Hi there,
    New member myself and most of you have seen me on this website and know that I am on a journey to buy F3-S.
    My name is Darren I am 41 years of age and I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. I am a pest control technician and therefore kill pests for a living such as rats, mice, cockroaches, ants, wasps, bees (not honey bee) beetles, flies, fleas, bedbugs, pigeons, moles, grey squirrel and many other pests.
    I am a father and petrol head. My claim to fame was I was on tv back in 2013 and I was on a programme called "I Want That Car" which is now repeated on Sky and can be watched on You Tube.
    I enjoy travel in the UK, food and anything to do with motoring
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

what i'd like to see is
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S
    Also when I am not working I enjoy sitting on my balcony and watching life go by. See attached pic of part of my view from my balcony.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Darren111 View Post
    Hi there,
    New member myself and most of you have seen me on this website and know that I am on a journey to buy F3-S.
    My name is Darren I am 41 years of age and I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. I am a pest control technician and therefore kill pests for a living such as rats, mice, cockroaches, ants, wasps, bees (not honey bee) beetles, flies, fleas, bedbugs, pigeons, moles, grey squirrel and many other pests.
    I am a father and petrol head. My claim to fame was I was on tv back in 2013 and I was on a programme called "I Want That Car" which is now repeated on Sky and can be watched on You Tube.
    I enjoy travel in the UK, food and anything to do with motoring
    Oh forgot to mention the only thing I don't kill is spiders and certainly not spyders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default suggestions?

what i'd like to see is
    Dan P

Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S
    I say with every membership we give out a FREE tattoo..This one looks GOOD.??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

what i'd like to see is
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Surely, you jest...

Seriously...
    My screens show that we have 590 pages of members...
    But you have to get to page 294, before you get to the members who have posted at least one post...
    Half of the members signed up, and never said a word...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-28-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Fargo ND Bought my f3s in may & am still waiting for the saddle bags really would really like to know why such a long delay. If hq is reading this forum do u have an answer???? I also think $1200 is a little high but thaats it. From fargo keep it safe out there.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default WOW

WOW, we got some new blood here....
    thanx MCML, your logo is awesome....
    and RichardV, AWESOME collection you have there... keep on truck'n pal...
    Steamer, i'm impressed, your very 1st post.... keep it coming pal...
    THANK YOU all for joining us, and return soon and bring your frenz....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for this post and thanks to you all that have jumped in. It's a great group of folks here....for the most part

Spyder Garage

Default For the MOST part

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Thanks for this post and thanks to you all that have jumped in. It's a great group of folks here....for the most part
    Good One.
    it was fun while it lasted.