Thread: Fuses?

Spyder Garage

Default Fuses?

I'm having trouble with my parking brake not setting. Added fluid, no help. I'm curious if there's a fuse panel I could check just to see if it might be that simple, but I'll be darned if I know where a fuse box is? Manuel's no help... anybody know? TIA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StillKickin View Post
    I'm having trouble with my parking brake not setting. Added fluid, no help. I'm curious if there's a fuse panel I could check just to see if it might be that simple, but I'll be darned if I know where a fuse box is? Manuel's no help... anybody know? TIA
    What type of Spyder?

Spyder Garage

Because you posted your question in the RT forum I will guess you have a RT. Is that correct?
    Since the fuses have changed for different model years. What model year is it?
    The fuse information is in the owner's manual. Can't tell you the page number because I don't the year.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    What type of Spyder?
    Guess it would help to say what I have... it's a 2012 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Because you posted your question in the RT forum I will guess you have a RT. Is that correct?
    Since the fuses have changed for different model years. What model year is it?
    The fuse information is in the owner's manual. Can't tell you the page number because I don't the year.
    Sorry about that. Yes, it's an RT-S, 2012. I looked again, where do you see fuse's in the manuel? Seems odd, I typically check fuses first. Are they under that panel with the computer logo inscripted on it accessable in the frunk? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Worked 4 me

MY WIFES RT had the issue several months ago. I couldn't diagnose what was causing it. Pushed all fuses tight in their sockets, no help. Finally pryed the brake switch from bike to check for current, it was hot. Pulled off all leads to switch cleaned contacts and reassembled. Worked and the issue went away.

Spyder Garage

Sorry about that. Yes, it's an RT-S, 2012. I looked again, where do you see fuse's in the manuel? Seems odd, I typically check fuses first. Are they under that panel with the computer logo inscripted on it accessable in the frunk? Thanks
    Page 146 shows the location of both fuse boxes with pictures. Page 147 has description of fuses.

The descriptions are cryptic maybe one of the RT folks can tell you which fuse to look at.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Page 146 shows the location of both fuse boxes with pictures. Page 147 has description of fuses.

The descriptions are cryptic maybe one of the RT folks can tell you which fuse to look at.
    Thanks for your help!