Thread: Which Wheels?

Spyder Garage

Question Which Wheels?

This week I bought my first Spyder. It is a 2013 ST Limited. It says "Limited" on the side of the bike, and it says "Limited" on the seat. But, I have a question about the wheels. The 2013 brochure shows a picture of 15" 12-spoke wheels. My ST Limited has the same 6-spoke wheels found on the ST-S.

Were you able to buy a 2013 ST Limited with the 6-spoke wheels? Is there some other reasonable explanation?

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Maybe whomever first bought the bike liked those wheels better'n the 12 spoke.... he certainly wouldn't have been on his own in that!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Maybe whomever first bought the bike liked those wheels better'n the 12 spoke.... he certainly wouldn't have been on his own in that!!
    I agree. I actually like the 6-spoke, black wheels better than anything that is chrome (and needs to be polished).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those wheels were added by the original owner of the bike...

Here's how the bike was delivered:

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Hi Bob,
    Yes, that's the pic that I have been seeing, and the brochure indicates the same.
    Thanks,
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If those are the wheels that you feel the bike needs to have; you MIGHT be able to work out a swap with another owner...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The st limiteds should have the 12 spoke chrome wheels...but for me the chrome was too much on our Black Currant color. We asked and the dealer swapped out the chrome 12 spokes for the carbon black 12 spokes off an RT-S. In about a week though we decided to go with the 2014 mag style wheel,the 6 spoke with the machined flats. Here are pics with the 12 spokes on the bike..I have the carbon black 12 spokes in case you want something different, they have about 100 miles on them in like new condition. Let me know if youre interested...

black 12 spokes

Mag style...
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Spyder Garage

@NSPYTE, I totally agree that the chrome is too much. I am going to get my chrome wheels Powder Coated this winter. uploadfromtaptalk1446335006973.jpg

2013 Spyder ST Limited Black Current
    stock (so far)

Spyder Garage

Default No Chrome for Me

Now that I have had the 2013 Black Currant ST Limited for a couple of months, I like the black wheels. I would rather be riding than cleaning, so my bike usually has some dirt on it. I wouldn't want to take the time to polish chrome on a regular basis.

BTW, I asked the dealer how this bike came to have the wheels it has. He told me that the original owner ordered it that way.

I think the black wheels look nice with the black body and seat. It kind of gives it a "Triple Black" effect. No changes for me!
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

The RT limited came with the chrome 12 spoke wheels. I know a guy here locally who has a 2013 RTS with the black rims. I like his rims, he likes my chrome rims, so we are thinking of trading. I think the black would look better on my Pearl White RTL, and he thinks that the chrome would look better on his Canary Yellow RTS.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

My RT came with the silver 12 spoke, I decided my would look better with the blades
    " My Serenity "......2017 Spyder F3T....Silver Gray in color,Red dragon on Celtic cross on frunk,Blade wheels,Spyderpops bumpskid,LED headlights and foglights,Lamonster heim joints,Lamonster powerpoint,F3 Spyder cuff, Lidlocks helmet lock,Lamonster air pack,Ron-jon sway bar,Sara Clark painted thin blue line and Sheriffs badge, Spyderpops LED strobe brake and rear turn signal lights, Lamonster gas cap, bluetooth.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

"Real Men can never have too much chrome!"--Jack Herbst--Nov.1 2015

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    I agree. I actually like the 6-spoke, black wheels better than anything that is chrome (and needs to be polished).
    Me too !!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lousd1 View Post
    @NSPYTE, I totally agree that the chrome is too much. I am going to get my chrome wheels Powder Coated this winter. uploadfromtaptalk1446335006973.jpg

2013 Spyder ST Limited Black Current
    stock (so far)
    I still have the like new factory carbon black 12 spokes...so if you dont want to break down your tires/wheels etc., let me know.
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Spyder Garage

My RT came with the gray 12 spokes. I picked up a set of F3-S wheels. It's whatever blows up your dress and is what farkeling is all about !
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.