Spyder Garage

Default Schuberth Helmet and Sena 10c

I'm planning to get the Schuberth C3 Pro but I'm thinking about getting the Sena 10c unit (for obvious reasons) instead of the Schuberth C3 Pro SRC.

Is anyone using this combination that they can share their experience in functionality and the install? Thanks

Spyder Garage

I have a Schuberth C3 and a Sena SMH 10 so this is not a pure apples to apples comparison for you.

I found the Sena installation to be a little more difficult than our previous helmets (a Nolan and a Shoei). This was mainly due to inadequate wiring lengths for the Sena button mic and the tight integration between the Schuberth neck collar and helmet. In the end I poked a hole in the neck collar for the wiring harness to go through. This hurt me far more than it did the collar.

On the plus side the Schuberth lining components are well designed and much easier to reinstall than my other helmets. I've just done an 11K ride and was able to remove and wash the liner with ease whenever it became too funky to bear. If I were to do this again I'd still go with the Sena, but it isn't as clean a look as the integrated intercom by any means.

Please let us know how you like the integrated camera on the 10c. It seems like a great idea.

--Rod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmurray View Post
    I'm planning to get the Schuberth C3 Pro but I'm thinking about getting the Sena 10c unit (for obvious reasons) instead of the Schuberth C3 Pro SRC.

Is anyone using this combination that they can share their experience in functionality and the install? Thanks
    Wife and I both use the C3 pro on long rides, great helmets make sure you get a good fit. Do not bother shopping on line, no discounts or points from sellers club. I found in my area only BMW dealers sold Schuberth. The Schuberth src is not that good,I went with Sena 20. Installed ok. I did not cut hole for wire, I just can not put the collar tube all the way in on one short spot.
    The store did not have sizes in colors I wanted. So ordered from RevZilla had very bad experience with them would never use again. Also charged me $50.00 more on Sena 20 2 pack.then other places. They gave me very bad service hand a bad wire on one helmet called them the guy says they do not care any parts for Sena. if I look on line Amazon i could buy a new wire for 7.00 . I told them i bought from him he should order them and have it shipped to me. He said no but would give me a credit of 7.00 on next purchased. I told him to stickit I would never order from him again.

Spyder Garage

Rob and kbwitt -

Thank you for your responses. I have a BMW dealer in my area that I plan to call to see if they have the helmet instock. I'll post feedback on my installation if my purchase pan out. Thanks again