Thread: Heat issues

Spyder Garage

Default Heat issues

I know I have asked this before, but I still have a lot of heat coming out the right side and some out the left side as well.
    Tech. checked it out three different times and said nothing is wrong. Most F3-S here have no heat issues so I am left wondering what is wrong and why can't
    the tech see it. I will talk with BRP again but they don't think it's a issue.
    My legs get so hot it feels like my foot and calfs are burning. Yes, I live in a hot area but even my Harleys were not this hot.

Any suggestions or assistance is appreciated.

2015 F3S SM6 6200 miles felt heat from day one, it seems to be getting worse.

Thanks

update- BRP and dealer have opened a case and will check my f3 next thursday.
    Last edited by Retired 2012; 08-24-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: update
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default Heat issue

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    I know I have asked this before, but I still have a lot of heat coming out the right side and some out the left side as well.
    Tech. checked it out three different times and said nothing is wrong. Most F3-S here have no heat issues so I am left wondering what is wrong and why can't
    My legs get so hot it feels like my foot and calfs are burning. Yes, I live in a hot area but even my Harleys were not this hot.

Thanks
    Same here except mine is on the left side, extremely HOT!!

Life is GOOD...............
    2015 F3S
    SmoothSpyder backrest
    lidloxs
    Gloryder F3 Logo Lights
    Lamonster mirror relocations and turn signals
    Lamonster fog light kit
    Lamonster Power Plate
    X Grip
    Ram mount

Spyder Garage

take heat temps and call brp
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Mine is on right side, sometimes is too hot.
    checjed by dealer, could not find cause.
    i don't feel it on low speed, fun is working well.
    i have 7400 miles. Started after 4000 miles.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Asked my dealer to contact BRP and set up a case. They agreed and now we wait for a response from BRP....
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

You are just feeling the hot air coming from the side mounted radiators that runs down the side of the bike. Air enters the front grille and out the sides. At running speed that pushes the hot air down the side of the bike toward your feet and leg. Its nowhere near as hot as the earlier RT or RS bikes were. Just the nature of the bike configuration.

You are riding with long pants and riding boots right?

I have no problem with the minor hot air flow from the F3. That engine heat has to go somewhere.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I feel the heat on really hot days 90+ on both inside of my calfs. I think its a combination of the bike and the heat coming up off the pavement. On the F3 your legs especially your ankles and calfs are very close to the ground with no barriar

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Normal Heat

Thanks
    I feel the heat but with jeans and boots, it's negligible. I have rode it once on a very hot day in shorts....stupid idea. First time I have EVER rode any sort of bike with shorts....again, not my cup of tea. Also, as stated earlier, the bike is designed to allow heat to flow. Remember, your straddling a very powerful engine....but if you feel it's excessive, have them check it out.

Spyder Garage

I only have a hundred miles on my new F3, but I thought I did notice some heat on my right foot. It was nothing excessive, just noticeable. I just moved my foot to the outside of the peg and cooled it off! I was wondering if that big ol' cat converter was the culprit. Anyone that has dropped the cat have any input on heat differences?

Spyder Garage

I just rode to Sturgis and back, over 2400 miles. the heat is felt but it was never an issue, I do however where chaps most of the time so that may block some of the heat. I felt a lot more heat on my 2012 RT then I do on the F3.
    Hope you all can get so you enjoy your ride, I do mine!
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Air Wings Guarantees to Solve Heat Issues.

Thanks
    We have recently designed new wings for the Can-Am Spyder F3 that solve the Spyder Riders Heat Issues. If you would like any further information please give us a call at 1800-451-9464 or check out our website http://bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/spyderf3.html
    Thanks,
    God Bless!
    Bruce

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post
    We have recently designed new wings for the Can-Am Spyder F3 that solve the Spyder Riders Heat Issues. If you would like any further information please give us a call at 1800-451-9464 or check out our website http://bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/spyderf3.html
    Thanks,
    God Bless!
    Bruce

No that's ugly!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Sorry Bruce, I don't like them. They clash badly with the lines of the F3 IMHO.

Spyder Garage

When mine gets hot the fan kicks in. Is yours working?
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Just wow. I thought the air wings on the RT were ugly. They may be functional but I could never do that to my bike.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Are you a tall fellow?

Thanks
    what position is your foot control set? Position 5 allows your feet to come in the area surrounding the exhaust pipe. I noticed some heat from mine so I just located my feet next the end of the pegs and move them often.

Spyder Garage

Default Let me know

Asked my dealer to contact BRP and set up a case. They agreed and now we wait for a response from BRP....
    Please, let me know if BRP will respond

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default Fan is working

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    When mine gets hot the fan kicks in. Is yours working?
    Fan is working, the issue is when the bike is moving.
    when I move my feet away from floorboard, the hot air is even worse

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default dealer called back

Just heard back from the Dealership, they did open a case with BRP and BRP wants them to hook up my unit and give them some reading from the heat sensors. They want to know the max heat that my unit has recorded and they want them to check the radiator and hoses for any air in the system. Seems a few had air trapped in the radiator and they want to know if mine does, too.
    They did tell the dealer rep. that the system is designed to shed heat and they haven't had many heat issues with the F3's.

Hey, at least they are going to look for a cause of the excessive heat, that a plus in my book.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    I only have a hundred miles on my new F3, but I thought I did notice some heat on my right foot. It was nothing excessive, just noticeable. I just moved my foot to the outside of the peg and cooled it off! I was wondering if that big ol' cat converter was the culprit. Anyone that has dropped the cat have any input on heat differences?
    I removed the cat and have never had heat issues on the F3.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Default Removed cat

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiii View Post
    I removed the cat and have never had heat issues on the F3.
    Does that affect warranty?
    Did you have heat issue before you Removed cat?

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default Keep us posted

Just heard back from the Dealership, they did open a case with BRP and BRP wants them to hook up my unit and give them some reading from the heat sensors. They want to know the max heat that my unit has recorded and they want them to check the radiator and hoses for any air in the system. Seems a few had air trapped in the radiator and they want to know if mine does, too.
    They did tell the dealer rep. that the system is designed to shed heat and they haven't had many heat issues with the F3's.

Hey, at least they are going to look for a cause of the excessive heat, that a plus in my book.
    keep us posted
    my dealer did the reading but was not while I'm riding, not same road temperature or condition, so it was never up and never reported to BRP.
    Still some dealers don't believe the heat as issue for some of us

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LV2RYDE View Post
    Does that affect warranty?
    Did you have heat issue before you Removed cat?
    I noticed some heat once before I removed the cat but it was 104 that day. I was baking anyway. Not long after I removed the cat I had a BRP dealer do the original oil change and inspection. It did not seem to bother them. If your dealer tells you it will void the warranty, find a new dealer.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Registered Users mikedoucette66's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have yet to have any heat issues on the F3 .. i think I've heard my fans come on about 3 times since I've owned it. Now I'm up in New Brunswick Canada and it doesn't get scorching hot up here although last week it felt like 39 degrees so that's pretty hot...but not heat issues riding in it other than body heat and sweat from wearing all the bloody riding gear...lol

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk