Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Y'all Aren't Helping Me At All!!

I got my first motorcycle in 1970 and have logged nearly a million miles on dirt, street and racetracks. I spent much of my life working at and eventually owning a dealership. I've won three national roadracing championships, toured most of the country and depended on motorcycles for my primary transportation for much of my life.

Ten years ago I busted my foot off on a freak martial arts accident have have not been able to ride much sense. The F3 solves all my problems and is a great option for me. My problem is I don't want to give up on riding motorcycles and I'm afraid once I get one I'll never go back. I have read through the 31 pages on the F3 hoping there would be enough whining and complaining to talk me out of it but NOOOOO. All y'all want to talk about is how awesome it is and how much you love it.

Can I please get some bad news so I can save twenty grand and keep my dream of riding a motorcycle again one day alive???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time to face the Music, Tommy...
    You've already succumbed to the bite of the !
    Now; go pick one out, before the stomach cramps start...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You won't get it here.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Tommy, but you really won't miss the 2-wheeler that much if you get an F3! Sorry!

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, have some Kool Aid
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Go for it and don't look back!! If you do want to go back put it in reverse!

Spyder Garage

Alright, I'll step up and help you out...

Most F3 owners can't handle the wind while ryding so they go out and get some monstrous windshield or windshield extension that IMO*** kills the looks of the F3.

If you are one of "those" types that has to have a windshield then you should save your $$$. This way, there will be one less ugly F3 rolling around.

<I'm only joking ppl don't trip. If you want to ryde an ugly F3 I don't care.>

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Boy! Did you come to the wrong place!!

[BTW, Spyders are motorcycles, too.]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    I got my first motorcycle in 1970 and have logged nearly a million miles on dirt, street and racetracks. I spent much of my life working at and eventually owning a dealership. I've won three national roadracing championships, toured most of the country and depended on motorcycles for my primary transportation for much of my life.

Ten years ago I busted my foot off on a freak martial arts accident have have not been able to ride much sense. The F3 solves all my problems and is a great option for me. My problem is I don't want to give up on riding motorcycles and I'm afraid once I get one I'll never go back. I have read through the 31 pages on the F3 hoping there would be enough whining and complaining to talk me out of it but NOOOOO. All y'all want to talk about is how awesome it is and how much you love it.

Can I please get some bad news so I can save twenty grand and keep my dream of riding a motorcycle again one day alive???
    If you want someone to tell you that the F3 sucks, I think you need to go to a Harley forum . . .
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MMMII View Post
    Alright, I'll step up and help you out...

Most F3 owners can't handle the wind while ryding so they go out and get some monstrous windshield or windshield extension that IMO*** kills the looks of the F3.

If you are one of "those" types that has to have a windshield then you should save your $$$. This way, there will be one less ugly F3 rolling around.

<I'm only joking ppl don't trip. If you want to ryde an ugly F3 I don't care.>
    Spot on!

Spyder Garage

and on your pending purchase. You will not be disappointed.

Listen to the force Tommy.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

just face it,,, your hooked

Spyder Garage

Really... it's awesome and you'll love it too! In fact, it's so awesome that I bet you'll love it so much that you won't dream about riding a motorcycle again. You'll be dreaming about all the places you can go on your F3.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Only have had two issues and both have been talked about before, vibration in the 68 to 72 mph range and for me only I guess, heat issues,, where the hot air hits my feet, ankles, and calfs. But I still love it. Have over 6200 miles on it since Feb. Best ride for my bad back, longest trip about 1400 miles in 7 days.
    I get lots of smiles per mile, hope this helps you out.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it helps...

I prefer my RT!

Do you feel any better?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default BAD NEWS

TOMMY;
    I HAVE SOME
    'BAD NEWS' FOR YA.....
    IF (WHEN) YOU BUY ONE, YOU WILL
    NEVER HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RIDE AS MUCH AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO.... AND THAT'S A 'VERY BAD' THING....
    WE ALL HAVE THIS PROBLEM... EVEN THO I'VE LOGGED 11,000 MILES OF SMILES ON MY NEW F3-S SINCE THE 1st OF MARCH, I'M STILL NOT SATIFIED... SO GO BUY ONE, AND BE MISERABLE LIKE THE REST OF US.....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Tommy, but you really won't miss the 2-wheeler that much if you get an F3! Sorry!
    I have ridden for over 50 years and know how you feel.I have to agree tho I don't own an F3 but an RT. I have ridden an F3 and it was so much fun if I were single I would have traded on the spot. Now having said that,there is no reason you can't have both a 2 wheeler and a Spyder. Life is short,things change, go for it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Just follow your heart now, you have read the replies to your post your heart will tell you what to do in time
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    Best ride for my bad back.
    I had back surgery last year so that is a factor also.

Thanks,
    Tommy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So spend the money and keep the dream. Think of the Spyder as a temporary solution if that helps. Whatever works.
    Good luck with the decision!
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I have ridden for over 50 years and know how you feel.I have to agree tho I don't own an F3 but an RT. I have ridden an F3 and it was so much fun if I were single I would have traded on the spot. Now having said that,there is no reason you can't have both a 2 wheeler and a Spyder. Life is short,things change, go for it.

Me too! Over 50 years on two wheels and now I have an F3-S...which in the UK cost over $30,000 US!

You're doomed!! Buy one now!!

Spyder Garage

Make sure you test drive a RT Limited also????? Then yu can truly make a decision on the F3 or and RT Limited??? either way, you will be a happy "Spyder Ryder"
    BIG F

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No bad news here, I ride both.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AN INTERESTING BIT OF INFO

...........and for a topic of conversation my friend Seth was the first World Speed record holder ( @ Bonneville salt flats ) with a Spyder GS........annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd He is also Physically Challenged........Although He and I would both challenge that TERM for Him.........His user name here is SethO......................Mike .....

Spyder Garage

I have a Harley and an F3. When I want to cruise, and be mellow, and slalom some twistiness, I take the Harley. I do love my Harley.

When I feel mischievous and want to turn and burn... well, that is F3 territory. A friend of mine with a GSXR 750 once asked me to stop hitting it so fast when the light turned green because his pesky front wheel kept trying to go airborne if he tried to keep up.