Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 RT Recall?

Spyder Garage

Surely BRP has some idea what the VIN numbers are so the Techs could check them before they went out the door!
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Would those of you who have been affected by a bad GBPS post your model and Production date?
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In reading thru the posts here, it seems like these failures are with the "newer" delivered units. I have no idea how BRP/Can-Am identifies their production runs during the calendar year, or the model year.Somewhere this info is in code on the unit. It wouldbe nice toknw what units are potentially affected, and which units are OK.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Apparently they do not know the VIN range or all units are potential candidates but their response is for the customer to find out the hard way if theirs is one of them. Add to that some repaired units have failed more than once and you have this.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT Limited

Picked it up from dealer Aug 27 took it back to dealer Aug 31 early and picked up that afternoon. Same symptoms, R - N flashing, hard to get into gear and finally no reverse the morning of the 32st. Told them about the service document in the first post. They drained and flushed the system and replaced the sensor. Problem solved thanks to this thread. Had less than 100 miles when problem occurred, now have over 500, and it runs great.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dates wrong

Got my dates wrong, looked at the wrong calendar. But, the facts are correct.

Spyder Garage

Default recall- shift sensor

Yes it is real recall. I picked up my new RTS SE6 2 Fridays ago and the following Wednesday with @220 miles it did the dreaded E-code thing and would die, not shift or die in about 3 minutes when it did start.
    When I got it to the dealer they said they had not seen any issues like that, they read codes and said they were all shift codes likely operator error. I called CanAM and after I gave them my VIN they told me mine was 1 affected by the recall for the shift sensor. I called the dealer then and they them agreed it must be a recall issue. They got is done in 2 days so I am very happy with the dealer service here in Cinci. Got it back last night and so far after 90 miles no issues. Loving my new ride. Wish I had gotten it sooner. good luck w yours.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieIndia View Post
    I bought a new 2015 rts se6 drove it little over a hundred mi. the spyder died shifting into 4th gear. R-N- E on the screen. If they r aware of the problem why not fix it, first not only bad p.r, law suits r probable if it dies like that on a busy freeway and some one gets hurt or worse yet dies! Lucky I was close enough to limp home. Not even a week old and in the shop. This can't be good for brp after a few 2013 spyders caught fire.
    I got stuck in 4th gear on Sunday. I couldn't move to I had to get towed to the dealer. They checked & told me there were to recalls or bulletins out. I have a 2015 RT. I've had it for 1 month and have 1,134 miles.
    Last edited by bobgeorge; 09-01-2015 at 09:01 AM.

2015 Can-Am RT Limited Pearl White
    Farkle: Laser alignment, Bararon sway bar, Bump skid with LED, Tri Axis adjustable handlebar, BRP heated comfort seat, Utopia backrest, Kott grills, Tailgunner Black Widow exhaust, BRP adjustable side wind deflectors, and Upper wind deflectors.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I work in sales at a Can_Am Dealership, it's only on certain Vin#. From what my service Dept told me some has a bad shift sensor.... We have/had 48 new models in and so far NONE has the recall

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djh View Post
    I work in sales at a Can_Am Dealership, it's only on certain Vin#. From what my service Dept told me some has a bad shift sensor.... We have/had 48 new models in and so far NONE has the recall
    Since this appears to be an "in-exact science"; could you please let us know if any of your unaffected bikes, end up affected?
    hanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black