Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Ryde safe everyone how ever you do it but the most important thing is to have Jesus in your heart first. Then whatever may happen, you are covered.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3-togo View Post
    Hello Ron,
    By the way, I had squared away install your bar and adjusters. Makes a would of difference when riding two up. However, I must take exception to your comments on Social Security. I paid in to SS fund for years and so did my employers. If we left all the money in the SS fund instead of allowing government to use for other purposes, the people would not need to worry about further financing to keep fund solvent. What I would dearly love for you and others would be check the facts. You are 100% correct who pays for irresponsible people without helmets with inadequate insurance. Furthermore, my wife who is a retired RN,was appalled by the cost of people who use emergency rooms because of no insurance. Also,please check what the sagebrush bandits would like to do with our public lands. The thought of Donald Trump developing more land at our expense is nauseating. So have a good day. The world is hardly black and white.
    Pete
    This really isn't the best place to discuss this. But my point about SS is that it is forced upon us by government. It is a Ponzi scheme that if any of us attempted it we would find ourselves in prison post haste. The government wastes the money we send and is constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul to cover their commitments. It's a bad system and a bad idea.

Most people take out many times what they paid in, which compounds the problem. Like any Ponzi scheme, it can't last. Someone is going to get caught holding an empty bag. Government should NOT be in the finance business. The only reason they haven't failed yet is because they can print money. Every time the government prints a dollar. The dollar you have in your wallet loses value.

I try to check my facts. But if you find an error I'm more than happy to hear about it. There is only 1 who is perfect. And I am not HIM!

I believe the world is much more black and white than most people would like to admit. But that's just one man's opinion.

PS: Very glad you're happy with my products. I just love stuff that actually works!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-20-2016 at 11:42 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWalter View Post
    I'm the unfortunate soul who started this thread last season. I have a variety of helmets, including two fine Shoei toppers. I never ride without a helmet on two wheels but on some occasions enjoy the sensation of helmet free riding on three wheels. Yeah, I know I'm not perfectly safe in those cases, but I sure enjoy with care. One unexpected hazard last time I road helmet free in Connecticut, the closest helmet free state to me, was a mild sunburn on my bald pate. Oops. Forgot about that!

Incidentally, the day I first went helmet free, there was an accident on the Taconic Parkway near NYC where I live. A SUV northbound lost control, went airborne on the median, flipped over and landed upside down on a sedan traveling southbound, killing the driver of the SUV and the entire family in the sedan. No helmet would help that. I'm not trying to say one should be careless. When my time comes it will come. I'll be sad to go, but I've had a great time in this life including the use of a terrific Can-Am Spyder RT SE-6. Freedom machine.

One more thing. I read somewhere that each serving of bacon I consume shortens my life by one day. All things considered, I will take that deal. One serving of bacon is worth one less day on this good earth. That is how good bacon is. You'll have to excuse me, I'm getting hungry and need to go and find some bacon!
    SpyderWalter AKA ThreeWheeler
    No reason to make any apologies (if that is what you intended). This is a good subject to discuss. Better than discussing it in the ER for sure! It never hurts to remind each other of the realities of our choices.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No matter what your opinion is about this important subject: it's always good to be able to keep the communication lines open.

Besides: would you rather talk about tires again?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black