Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

It's a good point, but for those who don't have pegs, but instead the floorboards that come with the 2013 RT-S, then you are going to have your toes blasted by the lower "torch hole". With that said though, I have found (at least on my RT-S) that there is a slight drop in heat coming from that hole. I would describe it as tolerable. I'm talking about riding in 96 degree Flarda weather with my spyder reading 106.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by STELLING MAN View Post
    I havn't had mine done yet, I really don't have an excessive heat problem with mine..
    Do it! I would guess it would increase the value at a later date and help you sell or trade the bike when the time comes.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For what it will cost you; ($0); it will certainly help with the resale value later!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Had the scoops put on my 2012 today. It keeps the heat away from the front of the seat, glove box and upper frame. My dealer, Proshop in Henderson NV did the work and BRP picked up the tab. Total cost $0. If you are having a heat problem on a 2010 to 2012 it doesn't hurt to ask.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Question: how long does it take?

The stuff from BRP on the recall says about 4 hours - dealer is telling me maybe 6+.
    Also how do the black scoops look on the red Spyder???
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Spyder Garage

I hope they take six hours to do yours. "Careful" is better than "quick".

The two-tone black scoops should look great on your red RT. Red/Black is a striking combination. Most folks have liked the way the scoops look on any color RT. There have been very few complaints about how they look expressed here on the forum. I had the same concern with my brown RT, but they do look good.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-22-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default recall done! question....

Yes, he took over 6 hours to do the whole job. I watched some of it and he was very meticulous.
    So my question: I've had the right side upper hole blocked with a Spyderpops plate and the lower hole open since I got the RT. He suggested the open grillwork part with the lower hole blocked. I see others have taken that part from a '14 and fitted it to their '13s.
    What is the difference in airflow between the two openings?? Why close off the bottom and leave the top open? Does that really direct all the heat above your foot? I do not use highway pegs by the way.
    Thanks for any thoughts you might have......
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dshogman View Post
    Yes, he took over 6 hours to do the whole job. I watched some of it and he was very meticulous.
    So my question: I've had the right side upper hole blocked with a Spyderpops plate and the lower hole open since I got the RT. He suggested the open grillwork part with the lower hole blocked. I see others have taken that part from a '14 and fitted it to their '13s.
    What is the difference in airflow between the two openings?? Why close off the bottom and leave the top open? Does that really direct all the heat above your foot? I do not use highway pegs by the way.
    For the most part yes. With the '14 part the honey comb is deep enough that it directs the airflow outward when sitting still.Stand by the trunk and look at the radiator as it is not it is a straight shot back at you leg when the fan is running.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dshogman View Post

I wish you luck with your post recall 2013. Louise had hers done and other than 160 miles leaving her stranded twice, its been in the shop since. BRP is trying to figure out what went wrong but it appears there is damage to the wiring harness or connectors due to the relocation of components and the severity of the work done. They will eventually find and fix it I guess.

We purchased a new 2015 and Mancuso all but refused to take the 2013 as a trade. We still own it as they would not give us even half of NADA value....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    For the most part yes. With the '14 part the honey comb is deep enough that it directs the airflow outward when sitting still.Stand by the trunk and look at the radiator as it is not it is a straight shot back at you leg when the fan is running.
    Much less heat on my right foot now, except when I try to put it up on the highway peg.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I wish you luck with your post recall 2013. Louise had hers done and other than 160 miles leaving her stranded twice, its been in the shop since. BRP is trying to figure out what went wrong but it appears there is damage to the wiring harness or connectors due to the relocation of components and the severity of the work done. They will eventually find and fix it I guess.

We purchased a new 2015 and Mancuso all but refused to take the 2013 as a trade. We still own it as they would not give us even half of NADA value....
    That sucks. But considering that Louise's machine is the only one with any real problems that has been reported here, I'd place my bets on the techs having done a grandiloquent foul up.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default tedlmac

Where do you get all that stuff done toat?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default tedlmac

Does the safety recall air scoops remove the 4 lights from ?
    I like my lights and dont have that big a heat problam

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    That sucks. But considering that Louise's machine is the only one with any real problems that has been reported here, I'd place my bets on the techs having done a grandiloquent foul up.
    Don't be so sure hers is the only one....Its not.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tedlmac View Post
    Does the safety recall air scoops remove the 4 lights from ?
    I like my lights and dont have that big a heat problem
    They will remove the lower air deflectors, but no lights are removed. The new scoops look fine when everything's put back together. Regardless of how much excess heat you have now, you WILL have less after you get the recall done. Also, the bike will run better, and you will get better fuel economy.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=robmorg;1044653]They will remove the lower air deflectors, but no lights are removed. The new scoops look fine when everything's put back together. Regardless of how much excess heat you have now, you WILL have less after you get the recall done. Also, the bike will run better, and you will get better fuel economy.[/QUOTE

And it will really run better if you have them change out the plugs and wires while they are doing the work.