Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Ok, so can I install a BajaRon sway bar on my spyder at home? Does the spyder need a alignment after the sway bar has been installed?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Yes, most people who can spin a spanner &/or operate a floor jack can install a sway bar at home - in the driveway or shed is probably recommended, but I have seen a couple done in the living room (you really need a doorway that's wide enough to get the Spyder in tho!!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    ..... Does the spyder need a alignment after the sway bar has been installed?
    Only if it needed an alignment before you installed the sway bar!!

Have you had it properly aligned by anyone apart from the selling dealer?? If not, then it would probably benefit from a 'proper' alignment - try a 'Squared Away' alignment, those you see here on SpyderLovers; or at least a laser/ROLO alignment that aligns the front wheels with the rear wheel rather than vaguely working off the frame!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

The Anti sway bar was the first thing I got after I bought my RT-S. Couldn't stand the twitchiness of it. Then the bump skid. Love the bar. My buddy and I both bought 15 RT-S a week apart. I got the bar and we rode the twisties. He couldn't believe I was on his tail the whole time. We switched bikes and he was way ahead of me. I cost him another 300.00 bucks for a bar. Get the Laser Alignment to.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Yes, most people who can spin a spanner &/or operate a floor jack can install a sway bar at home - in the driveway or shed is probably recommended, but I have seen a couple done in the living room (you really need a doorway that's wide enough to get the Spyder in tho!!)

Only if it needed an alignment before you installed the sway bar!!

Have you you had it properly aligned by anyone apart from the selling dealer?? If not, then it would probably benefit from a 'proper' alignment - try a 'Squared Away' alignment, those you see here on SpyderLovers, or at least a laser/ROLO alignment that aligns the front wheels with the rear wheel rather than the frame!
    Am still a newbie on the spyder, I have only put about 400 miles on the bike and still a little sloppy on turns. I have a cycle license but had not ridden for about 20 years prior to getting the spyder. I love the bike and have a few more things to do to it, I am 6'2", need to work on seat and maybe 3 way handle bars but without squishing my lady behind me. I am trying to find out what will help me with having a smoother ride in turns besides just practice.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    I specifically asked my "Platinum BRP Dealer" if the sway bar, or me installing it would affect the warranty, and was told no.
    Thanks for the input. It'll save me some money for other farkles.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    Hi Guys! Eventually I would like to get a BajaRon sway bar on my RT-S that is getting delivered this week. I was told that it would have to be installed by a shop so as to not void the warranty. I'm wondering if this is correct or am I able to install it myself without any warranty issues? Thanks.
    This is not true... Putting it on yourself will not cause any issues at all. The F3 is by far the easiest bar install of any Spyder (once you get it lifted to the proper height). It would be pretty difficult to install a bar kit wrong. I've not had anyone who has gotten it wrong yet. And believe me. It it is possible, someone will do it.

Ok, so can I install a BajaRon sway bar on my spyder at home? Does the spyder need a alignment after the sway bar has been installed?
    The Bar Kit will not affect alignment. If your alignment is bad before you install the bar. It will be just as bad after you install the bar. And Vise-Versa!

Am still a newbie on the spyder, I have only put about 400 miles on the bike and still a little sloppy on turns. I have a cycle license but had not ridden for about 20 years prior to getting the spyder. I love the bike and have a few more things to do to it, I am 6'2", need to work on seat and maybe 3 way handle bars but without squishing my lady behind me. I am trying to find out what will help me with having a smoother ride in turns besides just practice.
    Practicing good turn procedure will certainly help. But there are some inherent suspension issues that make going through turns more difficult than it should be. Especially 2-Up. A great deal of this added difficulty centers around too much lean. Too much lean causes a number of negative things to happen. Control the lean and you control the machine.

The bar kit does a lot of things. But one way you can tell if it will help you is if you are always having to 'RE-Adjust' in your turns. In other words. You notice that when you go into a turn you have to adjust your steering angle to stay where you want in your lane. Te technical term is 'Over-Steer' ~ 'Under-Steer'. The stock sway bar is too weak creating a decending oscillation between these 2 conditions. With a correctly set up suspension. You go into a turn or curve and that's it. No adjustments to the handlebar angle needed unless the radius or the camber of the turn changes. But with the stock setup. The initial turn-in causes the Spyder to lean excessively which changes the front tire alignment giving you 'Over-Steer'. So you have to adjust the handlebar angle to compensate. This adjustment reduces centrifugal force reducing the lean angle. This changes the front wheel alignment giving you an 'Under-Steer' condition requiring another handle bar angle adjustment to compensate.

Depending on the speed, severity of the turn or curve and other variables. You may have to make 3 or 4 adjustments before everything settle in.

Do you get worn out when riding your Spyder in the twisties? Well, multiply steering input by 3 or 4 times for each turn and you can see. It will add up to fatigue quickly. The sway bar upgrade goes a long way towards correcting this and other suspension related issues.

With the sway bar installed, when you go into the turn correctly, you should not need any further adjustment of the steering angle unless the radius or camber of the turn changes. It's a real joy when compared to an OEM suspension.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-07-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Actually this question is for Bob Denman.....how long have you been retired? With your amount of posts which since you joined is 33+ per day if you are on here and posting everyday I have to assume your retired? Congrats , I'll call on you when I can't find it via search! safe riding
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikerbiker645 View Post
    Actually this question is for Bob Denman.....how long have you been retired? With your amount of posts which since you joined is 33+ per day if you are on here and posting everyday I have to assume your retired? Congrats , I'll call on you when I can't find it via search! safe riding
    irv
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjcady View Post
    will the baja ron hemi links work on the f3? thanks
    Yes it will work, I installed a Bajaron Sway Bar with hemi links on F3 Limited. It works great.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Glad you are paying attention! You are correct, I have not put the Baja Ron Bar on the F3L. Lower center of gravity less body roll and better shocks. But that doesn't mean that I am not going to add one. I am still in the ryde it and see stage (just over 2000 miles). Honestly out of the box it does not need much! At the Nor-Cal Spyder Rally I am going to get it Squared Away with the laser alignment and see how that effects the handling. But even as hard as I ryde I am really happy with the ryde!
    Thanks for the reply. My sentiments exactly, wait a bit and see how it rides. This is my first CanAm Spyder so I don't really have anything to compare it to, so I rely heavily on this forums wealth of knowledge. Even though I won't be selling my Triumph motorcycle anytime soon, I sure am having a lot of fun with the F3. It's like a whole new way to experience riding, and puts a big stupid grin on my face.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Yes, most people who can spin a spanner &/or operate a floor jack can install a sway bar at home - in the driveway or shed is probably recommended, but I have seen a couple done in the living room (you really need a doorway that's wide enough to get the Spyder in tho!!) ....
    I think working on a bike in the living room is disgusting---that's what a front office is forDarrell's Front Office.jpg
    Darrell
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-11-2021 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bar Regrets

So glad to see this post. I'm scheduled to get one put on at Spyderquest and laser alinement next Wednesday morning. Riding from Maine Tuesday. Three rides during the week and back to Maine on Sunday should tell me if I like it.

Spyder Garage

Default BAJA RON Anit-Sway Bar

We had heard about the handling improvement after installing the BAJA RON anti-sway bar, and let me just say, it's a very noticeable and much appreciated improvement. Gone is the aggressive lean angle in curves and the sway often experienced due to the curvature of the road has been eliminated as well. The bike feels planted. Also, sway caused by cross winds has been eliminated as well. So glad we had it installed by Netzley Tire at the Maggie Valley Spyder Rally, October 2018.

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vtZkQlcWt8&t=2s - Pierre loves the BajaRon Swaybars!!! Best quote of the video, when asked why you should install them: "It's like going from a Toyota Corolla to a BMW" Great job, @BajaRon!

Spyder Garage

This thread started 2 months after I bought my Spyder and was a great help in understanding why I needed to add this to my Spyder. It needs to be a sticky in the required reading for new owners section. Thank you Ron for coming up with this addition and making our routine maintenance cheaper and easier.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    This thread started 2 months after I bought my Spyder and was a great help in understanding why I needed to add this to my Spyder. It needs to be a sticky in the required reading for new owners section. Thank you Ron for coming up with this addition and making our routine maintenance cheaper and easier.
    #BajaRon has been AMAZING to work with! I am going to add this to my 'to do' list for my Spyder - but first I need to find a place in Maine where I can get that awesome laser alignment. (will have to search the threads when I'm ready)