Spyder Garage

Default Removing and re-installing BRP CB on Different Spyder

I Plan on selling my 2013 RT and getting a 2015 RT. I want to remove the BRP CB and install it on the 2015. Has anyone done this? I have the CB installation.

Also, any suggestions on how to neatly cover the holes where the rider's headset and the antenna were located?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whbunker View Post
    I Plan on selling my 2013 RT and getting a 2015 RT. I want to remove the BRP CB and install it on the 2015. Has anyone done this? I have the CB installation.

Also, any suggestions on how to neatly cover the holes where the rider's headset and the antenna were located?
    Unless the CB interface to the radio has changed there should be no problem doing so. Just be sure to take the entertainment harness out of the '13 as well as the driver headset harness. There is a change in the driver headset harness. See this post - http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post972034. If you're handy with electrical wiring you may be able to adapt the '13 harness.

The plugs for the holes are available as replacement parts. Look on the parts diagram on the Can Am website. You may have to look and look as those are some of the items where BRP engineers and designers use some really crazy nomenclature. I've seen them but I can't recall what sort of name they have stuck on them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Maybe the plugs from the 15 will work on the 13...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I saw on another post from 2014, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...harness+driver, that there is a conversion kit from BRP for the CB that includes a longer driver harness and a connector set to plug into the entertainment harness.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check with George (Mr Cognac).
    I think that he tried to do this, and he's got more information about the process.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whbunker View Post

I removed my CB from my 2012 RTL and installed it on my new 2015 RT-SS. The dealer had me order the wrong part however it worked out for the best in the end. There is an upgrade kit that will convert the 2012 entertainment harness to make it compatible to the 2015 however the dealer order me the 2015 entertainment harness. I then had to order the cable that runs from the entertainment harness to the driver plug. The CB now works perfect I can't be more pleased everything come is crystal-clear.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the help

I want to thank everybody that helped me with info on removing the CB from my 2013 RT Limited. I was able to find the BRP part number for the plug that covers the hole where the antenna comes out of the left speaker assembly. These plugs are available in the proper color to match the RT's color. I was unable to find any BRP part to cover the holes where the rider and passenger headset plugs come out. However, I did find a 3/4" snap in hole plug at Home Depot that fits perfectly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Did this you need the upgrade kit has some Brits you don't need the cheaper part you need the longer cable for the driver headset. Around ninety bucks
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come