Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT SE5 Parking Brake

Went to start my Spyder and I have a ! point where the P normally is for the parking brake. I can't get the brake to disengage. I have tried rocking the bike and it will not disengage. Any help would be appreciated, can't even get it out of the garage to take it to the shop.

Spyder Garage

Default parking brake release

Check your battery voltage. My 2011 RT did that a while back, the battery was strong enough to light the panel but wouldn't release any thing or allow it to start.

Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake Release

Quote Originally Posted by sharbill View Post
    Check your battery voltage. My 2011 RT did that a while back, the battery was strong enough to light the panel but wouldn't release any thing or allow it to start.

It starts and still will not release.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemanj View Post
    Went to start my Spyder and I have a ! point where the P normally is for the parking brake. I can't get the brake to disengage. I have tried rocking the bike and it will not disengage. Any help would be appreciated, can't even get it out of the garage to take it to the shop.
    Actuate the brake on and off and watch the pulley on rear wheel (muffler side)
    See if it is rotating while the actuation of brake happens. Had my cable go bad and in that case I had to "help" the release by assisting the clockwise rotation of the pulley by hand to release.

The cable may have also came off the pulley up front under the tupperware mid way forward on same side.
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Default happened to me also

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbirds View Post
    Actuate the brake on and off and watch the pulley on rear wheel (muffler side)
    See if it is rotating while the actuation of brake happens. Had my cable go bad and in that case I had to "help" the release by assisting the clockwise rotation of the pulley by hand to release.

The cable may have also came off the pulley up front under the tupperware mid way forward on same side.

I had the same thing happen to me and a little helping hand to make the lower pulley rotate to release parking brake. You will probably need to lubricate the pulley mating surfaces & operate it several times to get consistent release.

Spyder Garage

Default Cable

There are 2 jam nuts on the cable where it goes into the parking brake assembly. Loosen both, remove cable from bracket. The pulley on the brake should rotate around, releasing the brake. Before you do that, chock the wheels so it does not roll. If you can, remove the side panel, inspect the cable and remove it. It should slide in it's sleeve (cover). If not, it is either ruined, or, needs to be lubed. Try lubing it first. Make a funnel out of tape, around one end of the cable. Put the other end in a bucket, and hang the cable up. Pour in a light oil, and let it work it's way through. Takes a while. Once you see oil dripping out of the cable into the bucket, try sliding the cable back and forth. If it still won't slide, it needs to be replaced. Get a new one. if it slides properly, put it back on, and test it. Call if you get stuck. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system