Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016's

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OK

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    Let's step back for a moment - all of us here are more familiar with the F3 and we know all about it, BUT........when it comes to the crowd that was on hand in Sturgis, the VAST majority of them have never seen an F3, are not familiar with it, so to them it WAS a brand new machine that was worthy of their consideration.

So while all of us here might be disappointed that the FIRST new model for 2016 is a phantom F3, we should consider this model was aimed at a group that was largely being exposed to the F3 for the very first time.

In that manner, what happened makes a whole lot more sense. It was appropriate for that "demographic" of riders who were in attendance. I would be curious to hear from other Spyder owners who were there what kind of reaction there was from the biker crowd.
    ...I have absolutely no complaints or comments about Sturgis, assuming your statements are valid ( and I agree with you ) .....My rant is THEN WHY ALL THE HYPE HERE......we are Spyder owners ? ? ?.....................Mike

Spyder Garage

The hype was what many in here speculated it would be. Been here since 2009. "Same song. Second verse. Little bit louder and a little bit worse".

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Not me. If all they do for 2016 is come up with this black on black F3, I'm OK with that. Since my 2013 RT came out of the shop with it's new scoops and all cool, like it should have been in the first place, I don't care what they do for 2016. I'm lovin' this one all over again.

Think I'll go out and buy it a new farkle.

(All that said, it probably wasn't a bad marketing plan to unveil this particular F3 at Sturgis. It'll likely attract a new Spyder rider or two there.)
    Good for you Rob.. Its high time that 2013 RT owners got to love their bikes
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    I guess I was hoping for some engineering, or maybe performance, or something more exciting than bringing back the Phantom option from 2008! How about slipping the 1330 into the RSS and make it actually faster! A stage 1 or 2 or 3 kit, from the factory, adding power and speed. Options to make the limited unique and luxurious. Paint to order options, saddle options, windshields, the works. At this price point, personalized ordering options is a must. You realize Mercedes-Benz has a car that is CHEAPER than a RT Limited? They let you order what options you want. HMMMMMMMMM? Just a random thought. Joe
    Well said Joe; this is what HD has done for how long???? I you can farkle it your way from the factory makes for brand loyalty, eh.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...I have absolutely no complaints or comments about Sturgis, assuming your statements are valid ( and I agree with you ) .....My rant is THEN WHY ALL THE HYPE HERE......we are Spyder owners ? ? ?.....................Mike
    This was my prediction, and I quote myself,

"I would think the main attraction is probably going to be a variation of the F3, something along the lines of an F3 Special Edition with unique paint and accents or even an F3 Limited that comes decked-out and factory equipped with the windshield, saddlebags, footboards, chrome, and maybe a stereo."

We all got excited on the news of a 2016 model release, and when Lamont posted the image of the big box to be opened at Sturgis, the speculation continued to gain momentum. BRP fueled the fire with their facebook posts and a lot of us got caught up in anticipation. We are a passionate group here, so it seemed logical that if BRP was going to do a new model release at Sturgis it MUST be something worth the exercise, time and effort. BRP created expectations, many of us here created expectations. They did succeed in that part, creating anxiety. That is the role of marketing, at least initially. But at the end of the day, it was more hype than it was substance, at least for this group here. It is a cool looking machine for sure, and it is a logical model to show at Sturgis. Just my opinion.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    It was mentioned that BRP did a big hype campaign about the 2016 release, giving people hope for something other than what they revealed. On some other threads and this one, some fairly bold posts were made about the release in Sturgis. They made me wonder what I had missed so I could be mad too.

I didn't see/read any extra ordinary hype about it on here or elsewhere. The only "hyping" I saw was from some members guessing (and dreaming) about what the release might be. The list of possibilities seemed endless from some of the posts. Could it be possible those posts were the only hyping going on, mis-leading people to believe BRP really had something over the top to release?

In reality I did not see anything out of the ordinary from BRP this year that would lead me to believe there was anything spectacular coming out at Sturgis or at anytime. Just wondering if anyone can direct me toward any official posts or sites where BRP was leading anyone into thinking there was something spectacular to be expected with the 2016's release. I would like to see it. Thanks!
    The initial release from BRP (which seems to be changed now), stated that one new product from the 2016 lineup would be introduced.

Many were thinking that it meant a new product--not a new paint job. Therein lies the unhappiness.

A day has passed, I for one am going to let it go--life is to short. We do have an enthusiastic customer base here. Many were chomping at the bit to see the latest and greatest--myself included. This particular situation was a bit disappointing.

I guess we wait until September like in previous years.

What's another couple months? Just think of the extra interest your bank accounts will earn in a couple months. It can go towards the purchase of the latest and greatest.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-01-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

While many are disappointed, as has been posted, the right bike for the audience in attendance.

Honestly, I was pretty surprised that the release last year of the F3 did not have this color scheme.

They introduced the 2015 F3, which certainly has the cruiser attitude, but did it no justice in the color of choice for many cruiser riders. The 2015 should have had an all black choice for color. The options that had red frame sections never seemed smart to me. The color options with the black frame sections and white or red bodypanels were nicer choices. But the accents just did not finish the job.

As for the hype whether from BRP or generated by the public, it is what it is and accomplished a goal. Gaining attention. Whether or not the designers can live up to the hype with more sales remains to be seen.

I would expect that the timing is good as people are aging that those on two wheels may be ready for three simply because they want to ride and ride safely. Three does have the advantage of no issues of tipovers, or lowsiding a corner.

BRP did a good job of getting everyones attention, just like last year when the "Spy Photos" were released just prior to the F3 release. Oh imagine that, spy photos just prior to the release of not only the F3 but also the Slingshot. BRP marketing is firing on all cylinders with the pedal on the mat. If you guys were fish, most would be caught and eaten for dinner.

Good job BRP. Not buying one but good job in hyping, building a real cruiser look and no doubt building market share.

PK

Spyder Garage

I don't know, it looks kinda Badass to me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.