Thread: Yoshi pipe mod?

Spyder Garage

Default Yoshi pipe mod?

Does anyone know if this has been modified at the end piece? Looks like a plug on the inside of the muffler, mabe a baffle installed to make it it bit more quite? Wouldn't mind a bit more noise
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438322688.067031.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438322700.815719.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like..!!

you have the extra baffle in. Don't know if they all come with the removable baffle but the R77 does. Mine actually blew out and I had to add a cotter clip to keep it from loosening again. The is a rubber plug backside of the carbon fiber tip. Behind it is an allen bolt that holds the baffle in...
    if you see the threads like in picture 3 the baffle is in...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hey 109Spyder, where in Aus are you?? There's quite a few Spyder Ryders around the country with Yoshi pipes fitted, both with & without that baffle fitted (like Chupaca says, it's a standard part of the pipe ) so you should be able to track someone fairly local down to get a bit of noise exposure/comparison.

I tested one out on my (cat deleted) 2013 RT, & from that exposure I'm not all that sure that over time you wouldn't attract some unwanted attention by leaving the baffle out (altho it certainly let other road users know you were there!!) but even if you do attract that attention, maybe you could keep the baffle handy & just slip it back in..... problem solvered! Well, maybe not if you are in QLD....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Hey 109Spyder, where in Aus are you?? There's quite a few Spyder Ryders around the country with Yoshi pipes fitted, both with & without that baffle fitted (like Chupaca says, it's a standard part of the pipe ) so you should be able to track someone fairly local down to get a bit of noise exposure/comparison.

I tested one out on my (cat deleted) 2013 RT, & from that exposure I'm not all that sure that over time you wouldn't attract some unwanted attention by leaving the baffle out (altho it certainly let other road users know you were there!!) but even if you do attract that attention, maybe you could keep the baffle handy & just slip it back in..... problem solvered! Well, maybe not if you are in QLD....

Hey pete I'm Near Byron bay, I have an m109 with loud pipes, cops love it! all they do is compliment me on the bike .... Touch wood lol

Spyder Garage

Hell yeah ! Sounds heaps better when that end piece it's out! more meaty sound on idle..... If you can get a meaty sound lol now for a test run with it out.

Spyder Garage

Now watch the way caged drivers jump when you open it up alongside them!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Now watch the way caged drivers jump when you open it up alongside them!
    Noticed that lol