Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon Sway Bar needed on 2014?

I read a lot about how much the BajaRon helps the 2013 ST. Is the 2014 improved as is or are the sway bars still just as important? Anybody put them on a 2014ST? Did it make a big difference?

2014 Spyder ST-Limited - "Sally Ryde"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yes

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Uh huh

Yes
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2014 sway bar

I asked the same question and without a definitive answer recently install Baja Ron's on my 2014 RT Limited. One up I noticed little difference in the feel of the bike and wondered if I had wasted the money. That was until I noticed that, while the bike felt the same - surefooted and stable, I noticed that I was taking the turns significantly faster. Then the real confirmation came when the rear admiral mentioned how much better the bike felt in the turns - not having to hold on for dear life on our country roads. So I would say the bars make a subtle but measurable difference.
    Last edited by toliverh; 07-31-2015 at 02:13 PM.
    BajaRon Anti-Sway bar, HMT brake light, MFL Mud flap light, Magic Flasher, Adj. Lower Wind Deflector, Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone Air Horn, DIY Mirror turn LEDs

Moo

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac View Post
    I read a lot about how much the BajaRon helps the 2013 ST. Is the 2014 improved as is or are the sway bars still just as important? Anybody put them on a 2014ST? Did it make a big difference?
    This is one item the manufactore should take notice of and change. Makes foramuch better ride.
    Do not hesitate it will make a huge difference.
    Kenn

Spyder Garage

Probably not necessary if riding solo on the 14 and 15. If riding two up or you are heavy, yes it does help. Bar does not have the drastic effect it had on the 2013 and prior RT. 2014 and later have a completely different front end suspension and also an enhanced sway bar.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Probably not necessary if riding solo on the 14 and 15. If riding two up or you are heavy, yes it does help. Bar does not have the drastic effect it had on the 2013 and prior RT. 2014 and later have a completely different front end suspension and also an enhanced sway bar.

Jack
    I don't know about riding two up. But the sway bar made a huge difference on my 2014 rt s. And I ride solo... Highly recommended them.
    Last edited by The Bee!!; 08-01-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    2014 RT-S
    YELLOW
    BajaRon Anti Sway bar
    Adjustable handle bars
    SpyderPops Skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jack
    We (2 up) just got back from riding all over the Black Hills (Needles Hwy, Iron Mtn. Road, Spearfish Canyon, Nemo Road and all others) with my 2014RT Limited and I do NOT have the overpriced sway bar and DID NOT have any problems negotiating all of the turns etc...
    and I kept up with two Spyders that had the bar????
    Just an FYI.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

We have the BajaRon anti-sway bar on both the 2010 RT and the 2013 ST and it made a very noticeable improvement in both.
    Its not a matter of being able to negotiate a turn or keep up, but the comfort factor and secure feeling when doing so.
    All in all it is the best value for the dollar of any item I have done on the spyders, Not at all overpriced in my opinion.
    Don't like my opinion, use your own...
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

I got one and Yes It made a big difference. You will gain a lot mire confidence on the turns and twisties.also make it a piont to get the heim links. When you see those cheap ones that are on the spyder, you will wonder why they did that. They look like something that came out of a cracker jack box.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    We (2 up) just got back from riding all over the Black Hills (Needles Hwy, Iron Mtn. Road, Spearfish Canyon, Nemo Road and all others) with my 2014RT Limited and I do NOT have the overpriced sway bar and DID NOT have any problems negotiating all of the turns etc...
    and I kept up with two Spyders that had the bar????
    Just an FYI.
    BIG F
    I guess my wife cast's a taller shadow than yours!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick