Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tire balancing issue with Ride-On

First - Thanks for this great site and all the info ya'll share. So very proud to be part of the Spyder family, and I show it as much as I can to all I can.
    I promise to give as much as I take to all info that I have run into. I bought my bike used to make sure that I was able to ride, and proud to say, that I love it and I'll buy my first new next year.
    Thanks Again all...
    Now for the only problem that I can't seem to wrap my head around. Got new tires, all 3, Kenda's, and the balance wasn't bad but not quite right. The nearest place to me that I trust is about 100mls away, so I decided to give Ride-on a shot. I pulled the weights, and added the rec amount of 11 front, and 13 rear. Rode for 120+ miles and still have problems. Saw that Ride-On and Lamonster rec 13 front and 18 rear, so I added to those specs. The front is smoother, and the back is allot better, but when I go around curves or hit good road bumps, the back tire feels as if its going to come out from under me.
    Any input as to the amount that I'm dealing with? And I read that too much is detrimental, am I at that point you think?

Thanks and Safe Rides to all...

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

You seem to have it pretty close on the balance with the ride-on. From your profile you have a 2011RT so the problem you mention would more than likely be in the suspention. If you have the air leveling rear there is an arm that attaches to the swing arm where the ID lable is that is known to be loose or detached. If yours has the adjustable rear shock you may need to change the settings...ride on should not effect your suspension...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You seem to have it pretty close on the balance with the ride-on. From your profile you have a 2011RT so the problem you mention would more than likely be in the suspention. If you have the air leveling rear there is an arm that attaches to the swing arm where the ID lable is that is known to be loose or detached. If yours has the adjustable rear shock you may need to change the settings...ride on should not effect your suspension...

Thanks for your suggestion, but I looked and put wrenches to all connections for a loose hook, and found nothing. I have even tried riding at diff heights to see if it makes a difference. I failed to mention that I'm using the motorcycle formula by the way if that would make any difference. Is it a possibility that I don't have enough installed in the back tire? There was only one place on the rim that had weights, and it was (6) 5m? size on it at the time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpyderRyder View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion, but I looked and put wrenches to all connections for a loose hook, and found nothing. I have even tried riding at diff heights to see if it makes a difference. I failed to mention that I'm using the motorcycle formula by the way if that would make any difference. Is it a possibility that I don't have enough installed in the back tire? There was only one place on the rim that had weights, and it was (6) 5m? size on it at the time.
    I used the motorcycle formula of Ride On on my and it balances just fine.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Exactly where are you now with your tire pressures? 13/18?
    When I had my 2010; I experienced exactly what you are, and pumped them up to 18/24.
    I've got no experience with those "Goopy Tire Balancers", so I'll leave that one alone!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Exactly where are you now with your tire pressures? 13/18?
    When I had my 2010; I experienced exactly what you are, and pumped them up to 18/24.
    I've got no experience with those "Goopy Tire Balancers", so I'll leave that one alone!

I've always run 15 front and 25 rear...
    I bought her with 21k in Sept of last year and have close to 32 on her now. Would ride everyday if it wasn't so dang hot here... 103 today showing...

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll never complain about riding in the heat; particularly after the last two Winters that we've endured up here in the Northeast...

And that bike is a BEAUTY!!

Spyder Garage

I've always run 15 front and 25 rear...
    I believe your tires are underinflated. The manual states 20 front and 28 rear. That's what I keep mine at.

Would ride everyday if it wasn't so dang hot here... 103 today showing...
    I ride every day, even in July and August when it's up to 118 here in Arizona. Nothing can keep me from getting my wind therapy

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wind in the hair; ALWAYS beats any other alternative!

(If you still have hair! )

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ima readjusting air n ridn this eve... I'll let you know the outcome...
    And yessir, I can still feel the air thru the hair (or the hair around my head shield anyway) but I feel it starting to let go on me. No worries tho, that's what hats are for..lol

Thanks for ya'll taking time to answer...

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...her-model-RT-s

If you do have a 2011 RT or 2010-2013 you should read this thread about the air scoops now available as they would make your ride much more pleasant for you engine and you in hot weather!
    You seem to have air deflectors on which makes the heat worse.
    If your dealer can put the kit on for you and take off the acoustic panels which cover the cylinders and take off the 2 lower (Underneath) panels your Roadster will perform much better in the heat!

Your front tires can be balanced Fine by any allignment shop with the current balancing machine for about $30-I Do Not put Gooop in my tires.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just an update, pull my wheels, got'm broke down at my local tire shop (thanks Gateway on Mansfield Rd) and took them home for a cleaning. Got em put back together, rebalanced correctly, reinstalled in my driveway, and rydin smooth again.
    Lesson learned. Do love my bike, just wished I'd learn to leave her alone when all is well.
    Thanks again for all your inputs, love the site, and I bathe in the info daily...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438626717.084820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

My book calls for 18/28, but when I got back from one of the local dealers recently (for steering issues) the tires had 15//25. And a balance issue in the front end. Blowing them up to 20/30 smoothed it right out. Turns out the steering issue was a maladjusted steering sensor. Kinda feels like some of these tires may have rubber density issues
    '15 RTS