Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Well that was uncalled for! I suppose you two don't believe there are any idiosyncrasies in this design, and that anyone who mentions one should be publically flogged. How do you boys look in your cheerleaders outfits and pom poms at the owner events?
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    F3s have small brains?

And big...

Well, they are fun.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
    Well that was uncalled for! I suppose you two don't believe there are any idiosyncrasies in this design, and that anyone who mentions one should be publically flogged. How do you boys look in your cheerleaders outfits and pom poms at the owner events?
    I don't know about Bob, but if I shave my legs, I look great Ina cheerleader outfit! I am not cheerleading, but I also don't complain about things that I have no control over. As others have explained, it takes longer to put on a helmet and gloves than it does for the "start sequence". I just have way to much fun ryding to complain about the last 9 seconds of my life. BTW, you aren't going to change the process by belly aching about it! As I said earlier, just relax and have fun.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just went out and timed it - 11.8 seconds on a stop watch . . . where are you going that you can't wait 12 seconds? The computer has to boot - It is what it is.
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I just went out and timed it - 11.8 seconds on a stop watch . . . where are you going that you can't wait 12 seconds? The computer has to boot - It is what it is.
    I think it should be longer. I can't possibly read that entire safety card in only 11.8 seconds. I've tried and tried and tried

Pam

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbaucum View Post
    Anyone else bothered by the starting delay? Real irritating when you're in a hurry. I try to remember to turn on the key long before I am ready to leave. Head a long delay at a road construction so I turned the Spyder off. Traffic suddenly started moving and I held up traffic waiting for the start process. Embarrassing
    While there is still a delay, the '08 GS boot up time is much shorter than the ST/RT. Having piloted all, it is almost painfully noticeable whenever I have to fire up one of the aforementioned models. I always forget about the increased boot-up time until im left waiting that extra few seconds. although it's not an abnormally long amount of time, it is noticeable.

Spyder Garage

Default Memory Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    While there is still a delay, the '08 GS boot up time is much shorter than the ST/RT. Having piloted all, it is almost painfully noticeable whenever I have to fire up one of the aforementioned models. I always forget about the increased boot-up time until im left waiting that extra few seconds. although it's not an abnormally long amount of time, it is noticeable.
    Hey Tony the 08 GS has forgotten most of what it needed to remember to boot up, and just says "to Hell with it, I'm just going to start"!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I don't know about Bob, but if I shave my legs, I look great Ina cheerleader outfit! I am not cheerleading, but I also don't complain about things that I have no control over. As others have explained, it takes longer to put on a helmet and gloves than it does for the "start sequence". I just have way to much fun ryding to complain about the last 9 seconds of my life. BTW, you aren't going to change the process by belly aching about it! As I said earlier, just relax and have fun.
    I DO know about me...
    Let's leave my Cheerleader outfit in the closet...
    Take the time to put on your helmet, and check your mirrors...
    It takes time for the systems to boot up, and run their checks...

Or do you want some cheese, to go along with that whine?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I DO know about me...
    Let's leave my Cheerleader outfit in the closet...
    Take the time to put on your helmet, and check your mirrors...
    It takes time for the systems to boot up, and run their checks...

Or do you want some cheese, to go along with that whine?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbaucum View Post
    Anyone else bothered by the starting delay? Real irritating when you're in a hurry. I try to remember to turn on the key long before I am ready to leave. Head a long delay at a road construction so I turned the Spyder off. Traffic suddenly started moving and I held up traffic waiting for the start process. Embarrassing
    just turn key every 3 minutes -hit start button then shutdown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My take on the delay on boot up and starting.... It is what it is...

But let me say this. If your in that much of a hurry then your probably riding in a hurry and putting yourself at risk.

When I ride my Spyder (which I do every day as I commute to work) I look at it as fun and more relaxing than on the road with the cars.

Slow down, add extra time to your schedule, and enjoy the ride!

The Spyder has taught me over time to relax and that I am no longer in a cage with everyone else trying to get somewhere faster than I can thus getting pissed off with everyone else!

I am out free and enjoying it and not being like everyone else... "hurry up to stop!".

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    My take on the delay on boot up and starting.... It is what it is...

But let me say this. If your in that much of a hurry then your probably riding in a hurry and putting yourself at risk.

When I ride my Spyder (which I do every day as I commute to work) I look at it as fun and more relaxing than on the road with the cars.

Slow down, add extra time to your schedule, and enjoy the ride!

The Spyder has taught me over time to relax and that I am no longer in a cage with everyone else trying to get somewhere faster than I can thus getting pissed off with everyone else!

I am out free and enjoying it and not being like everyone else... "hurry up to stop!".

Bob

Spyder Garage

Bob, Bob, Bob! As you once told me, grow a thicker skin. Not EVERYONE has to agree with you, and you don't have to weigh in on absolutely everything.

Spyder Garage

Yes-----

I-----

Agree---------

It-----------------should be
    Loooooooonger

Then it will seem more special

Like making homeade icecream as opposed to soft serve fast food

Real verses fake

Rory Raccoon from the White Album is my Hero!

Stick to the point!

Which is a
    A
    A
    Dunno

Spyder Garage

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    It's interesting to note the F3 does not have the starting delay????????? If they can do it with the F3 it sounds like BRP or any good techie person can bypass the delay procedure... Hope someone figures it out soon as I am an impatient person???????????
    BIG F
    I believe I've seen on the web where people have added alarms with remote start.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
    Bob, Bob, Bob! As you once told me, grow a thicker skin. Not EVERYONE has to agree with you, and you don't have to weigh in on absolutely everything.
    My Missus keeps telling me the same thing.
    Face it; there's nothing you can do about it. This means that you have only two viable choices:
    Accept it
    or
    Walk away...

Spyder Garage

You're thinking too small again Bob, there are several options available. I can always use the "ignore" button, but I won't walk away from something I enjoy because you would prefer fellow members who will drink the koolaid. Neither will I shut up or sell my bike after forty years of riding because you think I should. I'm not going to "accept" that you get to say anything you like without rebuttal either. True the sheer weight of 59000 posts can cause most people to throw their arms up and walk away, but your tactic of making a rude comment and covering it by pretending to be a lovable curmudgeon isn't fooling anyone but your acolytes, and they are fewer in number than you think. So I'll take what's behind door #3 instead. I'll continue to interact with this board in the polite and I formative way I always have, but I'll be here posting as I see fit. If that makes me the fly in your soup it's just a bonus. Of course, you can "accept this or walk away", but one of us is too invested for that, and it's not me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm really sorry that you don't like your bike...
    But that doesn't change the fact that you only have two choices about what you can do...

You obviously didn't buy it, to make yourself feel miserable...
    Life is short, and you deserve happiness; find a bike that'll start up quicker, and I bet that you'll feel happier!

Spyder Garage

Pirate, discussing issues is the first step in improving things. Was it not the public discussion of heat issues and other problems that led to the evolution of the Spyder from its original configuration to the vastly improved bike we have today? Do you not believe there is room for development in the areas I listed? You characterize my simple statement as "bellyaching", but you didn't consider that our collective voices are heard by BRP, and that both riders and BRP will reap the benefit of open discussion of every aspect of our rides, BRP through increased sales, and riders through improved performance. I ask that you reread my original comments, then consider them in the context of what a technical board can contribute to a manufacturer's developmental process.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's no doubt that a faster set of computers could speed things up a bit...
    But in the grand scheme of things; is this what you REALLY want them to concentrate on?
    We've had heat issues, shock issues, ball-joint issues, DPS issues, transmission issues, key issues, DESS issues, belt vibration issues, (What did I forget? )

Spyder Garage

Pirate, discussing issues is the first step in improving things. Was it not the public discussion of heat issues and other problems that led to the evolution of the Spyder from its original configuration to the vastly improved bike we have today? Do you not believe there is room for development in the areas I listed? You characterize my simple statement as "bellyaching", but you didn't consider that our collective voices are heard by BRP, and that both riders and BRP will reap the benefit of open discussion of every aspect of our rides, BRP through increased sales, and riders through improved performance. I ask that you reread my original comments, then consider them in the context of what a technical board can contribute to a manufacturer's developmental process.

Spyder Garage

There's no doubt that a faster set of computers could speed things up a bit...
    But in the grand scheme of things; is this what you REALLY want them to concentrate on?
    We've had heat issues, shock issues, ball-joint issues, DPS issues, transmission issues, key issues, DESS issues, belt vibration issues, (What did I forget? )

Will you PLEASE stop whining! The bike is perfect, a guy with 59000 posts told me so. Maybe you shoul sell it.

Spyder Garage

I'm really sorry that you don't like your bike...
    But that doesn't change the fact that you only have two choices about what you can do...

You obviously didn't buy it, to make yourself feel miserable...
    Life is short, and you deserve happiness; find a bike that'll start up quicker, and I bet that you'll feel happier!
    Bob, I love my bike, and I guarantee I ride it further and more often than you do yours. Unless, of course, you have a laptop mounted on the handlebars. Now, if posts were miles, you'd win hands down.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good point!
    I DID manage to forget the throttle body and windshield strut issues...

My 2010 bike DID get smacked with several of these issues; my 2014 has functioned flawlessly!
    (Other than having so much of my valuable time wasted by the start-up protocols... )