Spyder Garage

Default Laura's Mods - Let the Farkling begin!

(Edited my posts to include pricing as a way for me to keep up with what I spend on the bike)
    So I have some Farkles now! I got a Techmount Cell Phone ($89) Farkle for my RT 2014 Spyder. I love this device, it is so easy to use, and it actually is quite strong with its grip. My worry has been someone would steal my cell phone (Samsung Note 3) but I don't think I need to worry to much about that.

Have a few more Farkles on their way to me, a Utopia Backrest ($249), LED Lights ($109), New head lights ($6)(thanks Mike!) and a Brake Extension that Mike (FREE) made for me! Excited about this new Farkles!

I have already gotten these here for my bike! Drink2Go Cup Holder ($13.99), Hopnel Saddlebag Liner ($17), Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set ($24), Dowco 04583 Guardian WeatherAll Plus Black Motorcycle Cover ($73), Formosa RT Half Cover ($33)

138-734 WHITE REPLACEMENT BULBS 1 $15.99 $15.99
    I bought 1 of these for my fender tip thinking it was just a regular bulb, it is actually LED so neat that I ordered the other one so they would look the same. Got these at J&P
    Last edited by beadaholic; 08-08-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Added in pricing
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT SM6 with 400 miles 5/2015, 1800 8/5/2015, 3000 8/30/2015
    Farkles: Techmount Cell Phone Holder, Drink2Go Cup Holder, Hopnel Saddlebag Liner, Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set, Utopia Backrest, MIKE'S Brake Pedal, LED Pods Lights, LED Tip Bulbs, JT's Dash Mount & Special Selfie Stick on Bike, GoPro Camera, Bajaron Sway Bar, LED Skid Plate, Belt Protector Guard, Mike's Speakers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beadaholic View Post
    So I have some Farkles now! I got a Techmount Cell Phone Farkle for my RT 2014 Spyder. I love this device, it is so easy to use, and it actually is quite strong with its grip. My worry has been someone would steal my cell phone (Samsung Note 3) but I don't think I need to worry to much about that.

Have a few more Farkles on their way to me, a Utopia Backrest, LED Lights, New head lights (thanks Mike!) and a Brake Extension that Mike made for me! Excited about this new Farkles!

I have already gotten these here for my bike! Drink2Go Cup Holder, Hopnel Saddlebag Liner, Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set, Dowco 04583 Guardian WeatherAll Plus Black Motorcycle Cover, Formosa RT Half Cover

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

from the sound and look of things...your farkeling started some time ago... congrats on all the work..!! lets have some pictures
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Mike made me the most wonderful thing, my brake pedal bigger for my woman feet! I always would lose it, and I still do lose my gear shifter, but that I am going to work on next to get it perfect for me! Anyway, I got the part he made me special yesterday, a snap to put on, made such a difference!

Thank you MIKE! You have made my ride more pleasurable!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Farkles: Techmount Cell Phone Holder, Drink2Go Cup Holder, Hopnel Saddlebag Liner, Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set, Utopia Backrest, MIKE'S Brake Pedal, LED Pods Lights, LED Tip Bulbs, JT's Dash Mount & Special Selfie Stick on Bike, GoPro Camera, Bajaron Sway Bar, LED Skid Plate, Belt Protector Guard, Mike's Speakers

Spyder Garage

Can we see a pic of the Techmount Cell Phone Farkle?

2014 RT Limited

BajaRon sway bar, Tri-axis handlebars, shorty AM/FM antenna, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light with flash, Rivco cell phone mount, Utopia backrest w/pouch, Two Brothers exhaust. Lidlox helmet holder, FOBO TPMS, Drink2Go cup holder, WGT LED mirror light strips, Squared Away laser alignment, Kuhmo Solus 175/55 front tires.

Spyder Garage

Default Utopia Backrest!

Whooo hoooo got my Utopia Backrest yesterday! I have it installed already! My worker guy helped me with it, being he is a motorcycle fanatic too! haha, he is already ready to help me with my mods! It took us about 30 minutes and this was with the translating the instructions for him. Pretty simple actually.

Spyder Garage

Hopefully these pictures will help someone else put this on the bike, the instructions are ok, a little bit dark, it wasn't always easy to know what to do. Plus mine had the lettering flaking off of the paper.

Spyder Garage

So here is my backrest installed!

This is my next Farkle! LED Lights. I am going to wait until a special fuse box gets here so I don't fry the electrical system, but I have the lights and keychain now! Can't wait, it will blink to the music, just up my alley!

This is the brand new (Target discontinued them) Gopro Hero Camera! So Goodwill.com is selling these off and I got mine for $80 with all its little do hickies.....just waiting on the JT Support for it! I can have up to 5 items on this support! How exciting!

Spyder Garage

I really like my Techmount Cell Phone Holder, it grips really well, no danger of losing it, and I light the hiegth of my Cell Phone, it is a big one, a Note 3, so obviously very useful as GPS as well....

My cup holder is really a cheapie one, but very useful too, I had read where people had issues with it wiggling and doing other lame stuff, well let me tell you mine does not do this, it is attached with 1 screw, but it is very sturdy actually and I use a pretty big cup in it, it is a sports type cup and work perfectly (got it free from Uline when I placed an order)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcspyder View Post
    Can we see a pic of the Techmount Cell Phone Farkle?
    Posted!

Spyder Garage

Mike look above at the little LED box, attached you will see the fuse section, once I install the Hella Fuse Box I just remove this fuse right, cut it out I mean?

So it is Farkle Time! haha, got on order the Bajaron Sway Bar! Also the LED Skid Plate! Whooo hooooo and also the Belt Guard! Being I live on a dirt road better safe than sorry! I also had 2 more keys made! So now I have 3 keys! My bike got its first service, changed the oil, and filter, and many more thingies done! Found out a Squirrel was going inside of it to each plums from my plum tree inside of it, need to get the garage door done (built the garage recently) but it doesn't have the door yet. They found like 25 seeds inside of it! So this needs to be done very soon. I don't want a Squirrel eating cables. So far no damage there
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/plewb4yte1...A0002.mp4?dl=0
    Hopefully the video works!
    .....so I guess this too is sorta a Farkle, the garage is just the size of the bike, haha. I also got the 5.25" speakers to replace the whimpy ones it came with. This should be fun! JBL GTO528 CAR AUDIO/STEREO 5.25" 2-WAY COAXIAL POWER SPEAKERS SE PAIR 5-1 /4" and JBL GTO508C CAR AUDIO STEREO 5.25 INCH 330W COMPONENT SPEAKER SYSTEM SET 5-1 /4"

So I have alot of stuff here to do, stuff on the way, new headlight bulbs (white ones) and a LED bulb for one of my fender tips. I also have on the way some Ram Mount items from JT Machinery for my Dash Bar because I want to attach a selfie stick for a couple of shots of me on the bike. If it works, it might not, not going to kill myself, but if it works great! haha John from JT is helping me with this. Great service from him!

I really would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do the Chrome Paint Job on it! haha, just too much fun, but I don't know if it is available here in Mexico. I saw a video of this on Girls on Spyders on Facebook and it is crazy cool I imagine Magenta or Purple Chrome! or Teal, geeze how do you pick? Whew...that is flashy! haha But this of course is not so much for my comfort but just the cool factor. haha....anyone else here do this? They had a Spyder they did this too, so very cool

Spyder Garage

Now those are a lot of great farkles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

IMO keep the fuse, doesn't hurt anything, just remember that it is there. You seem to be cooking with the farkles. BTW using the "windshield" mounts, its better if you buy the longer Ram extensions. They give you more flexibility. http://www.sears.com/ram-mount-long-...3c073b0a1619zz

or get on Ebay.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Hahha, well got the skid plate (defective ugg, not thrilled with this farkle 3 little LEDs are not working on it, if I touch it just right they come on, when I let it loose it goes off), the Sway Bar, and the Belt Guard all installed. It was a long long day, 4 hours of doing this, we got there are 9am but they guy farted around until like 10:30am, so we didn't start until then, and we were done at 2:30 (he ate too while helping "us" (me and Ellie) do this) oh well...live and learn, he has the tools we needed so I guess it is ok, he tried to charge me a bunch, but I told him no, we are not in Gringo-landia (the US) and we worked it out. ugg......so tired. haha no service manual, no nothing other than a laptop with internet and watching videos off and on to help us out. My head hurts....I was pretty worried. Once the stupid jack started to go sideways and he had my guy jump on it to keep it standing up. Anyway, at least that is done, I don't "see" any big difference with the sway bar yet, I compared the two sway bars and yes the bajaron is thicker, but not alot, the aluminum helm links are pretty and aluminum while the others are plastic, but I am not sure I feel any difference truly. But whatever....we will see what I think about it on Saturday's trip. We can take off the plastic now, no problem! haha

Going to contact Spyderpops about the LED problem, he might be able to tell me what I can do to fix it. Unfortunately well I paid for the install, FedEx from Texas (after I paid for shipping from him to Texas), Taxes in Customs, so that is money I will lose if he replaces it, it was a Pita to install too, not easy, yes it is plug and play and that part was easy peasy, but what was not easy was the drilling of holes, and everything. But it does look very cool, now to see if I do not catch it on Speed Bumps around here (they are everywhere on our roads as we really have no police force to speak of) Actually I felt the sway bar was easier to put on! The Belt guard was super easy.
    Last edited by beadaholic; 09-16-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

So here is the picture of my guy jumping on the jack that started going sideways...ugg, people do stupid things sometimes, I told him I did not like putting the tires on the edge, but he couldn't get the sway bar out..and the reason why he did this....as you can see the LED are not fully on, what do you guys think? Is this something that can be fixed?

Spyder Garage

I really would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do the Chrome Paint Job on it! haha, just too much fun, but I don't know if it is available here in Mexico. I saw a video of this on Girls on Spyders on Facebook and it is crazy cool I imagine Magenta or Purple Chrome! or Teal, geeze how do you pick? Whew...that is flashy! haha But this of course is not so much for my comfort but just the cool factor. haha....anyone else here do this? They had a Spyder they did this too, so very cool
    What is this Chrome Paint that you are talking about? Do you have a website for them?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    What is this Chrome Paint that you are talking about? Do you have a website for them?
    http://www.sprayonchrome.com/index2.html I really think this is the bomb and so cool. Wish I could get it done here!

Spyder Garage

Thanks I see why you are so excited about it. I sent them an email to see id anyone does this in Utah.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Thanks I see why you are so excited about it. I sent them an email to see id anyone does this in Utah.
    Very cool! Let me know how it goes, it seems like it would really be a neat Spyder with this stuff, the problem would be what color!

Spyder Garage

As you can see in the above picture some of the LEDs didn't work. So Harvey Clark is sending me a new strip for my skid plate! What awesome Customer Service, he replied immediately to my email and already shipped it! This is so helpful and I am very happy with this! Thank you Harvey! Just love my new Farkles.

Spyder Garage

I didn't get great install pictures (sorry everyone) I wasn't there the whole time (gotta work) so unfortunately I only have these at the end of the install mostly. My whole bike was taken apart, but it worked!!! So happy. My trunk would not close either after this, it does now! Whoo hoo. I wanted to thank Blueknight911 for the Speaker Install! It is HIS baby all the way, these speakers DO WORK AND DO FIT in the rear, I was able to install them even without the heat gun he recommended. So it is very doable. Just takes patience and a good ear to listen to Mike! I am very happy.

Spyder Garage

I have a before and after video of the sound, you can't tell alot except it is way more rich, clear and just nicer overall! I will post these when I get back on Tuesday I believe.....

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I did the same but they are amber super bright too

(Edited my posts to include pricing as a way for me to keep up with what I spend on the bike)
    So I have some Farkles now! I got a Techmount Cell Phone ($89) Farkle for my RT 2014 Spyder. I love this device, it is so easy to use, and it actually is quite strong with its grip. My worry has been someone would steal my cell phone (Samsung Note 3) but I don't think I need to worry to much about that.

Have a few more Farkles on their way to me, a Utopia Backrest ($249), LED Lights ($109), New head lights ($6)(thanks Mike!) and a Brake Extension that Mike (FREE) made for me! Excited about this new Farkles!

I have already gotten these here for my bike! Drink2Go Cup Holder ($13.99), Hopnel Saddlebag Liner ($17), Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set ($24), Dowco 04583 Guardian WeatherAll Plus Black Motorcycle Cover ($73), Formosa RT Half Cover ($33)

138-734 WHITE REPLACEMENT BULBS 1 $15.99 $15.99
    I bought 1 of these for my fender tip thinking it was just a regular bulb, it is actually LED so neat that I ordered the other one so they would look the same. Got these at J&P

Spyder Garage

https://youtu.be/c6amFGQQw7g

Before with the stock 4" Speakers

https://youtu.be/wW8PWpx6Fdg

With the 5 1/4" JBC Speakers installed in front and back, tweeters and crossovers as well! The sound is so much better! Much more fuller, and smooth! Love IT! Thank you Mike!