Spyder Garage

Question Sena SMH 10- connecting iPhone to two helmets

I have successfully connected two helmets together via Bluetooth, and connected iPhone to one helmet.

Is is it possible to connect my phone to both helmets? If so, how? Would like to have music streaming to both.

Thanks for any help.
    Rawhide Kid
    2014 Spyder RT Limited. Cognac
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

A phone cannot be paired to more than one headset. It is a limitation of the phone not the headsets. Phone makers are not looking at use on a motorcycle and look at this device as a single user experience. Thus they allow only one Bluetooth bind to an "audio" device.

This is the purpose of the Sena SM10 and integration to the Spyders audio & communication system. It allows you and your passenger to listen to the same thing that comes out of the Spyder's audio system.

Does this help?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good point

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    A phone cannot be paired to more than one headset. It is a limitation of the phone not the headsets. Phone makers are not looking at use on a motorcycle and look at this device as a single user experience. Thus they allow only one Bluetooth bind to an "audio" device.

This is the purpose of the Sena SM10 and integration to the Spyders audio & communication system. It allows you and your passenger to listen to the same thing that comes out of the Spyder's audio system.

Does this help?

Bob

Could you use the Bluetooth dongle (transmitter) SM10 to plug your phone into the "AUX port" and that way the dongle would pair to each headset utilizing your phone for the source of music? I know this option would require you to buy the SM10, but might be an option to consider.

We use our SM10 tied into the Spyder's audio system, but I think this option might work (without it connected to the Spyder radio but an auxiliary source such as a cell phone for music)!

There is also SENA tech service you could contact if you want options or to verify info...they are located in California (I think). I've called them a few times and very helpful, but you need to wait maybe 10 minutes before the Tech gets to you - it's worth it. Here's the number: 866-300-1235. Good luck with the SENA headsets! We really have enjoyed ours - now almost 2 years.
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 07-27-2015 at 08:50 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post

We use our SM10 tied into the Spyder's audio system, but I think this option might work (without it connected to the Spyder radio but an auxiliary source such as a cell phone for music)!
    Yes this will work too! The SM10 is a audio streaming device that take a audio input and "streams" it to up to two BT headsets.

So yes this will work EASILY with no special cable or anything.

BUT.... as you know Jim, this is not making it work with the Spyders audio system... It would be a phone only thing.
    Personally, if your going to add the SM10 and that expense, plug the phone into the "system" (ipod cable in the trunk), get the SM10 plugged into the radio, and you get what you need.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide kid View Post
    I have successfully connected two helmets together via Bluetooth, and connected iPhone to one helmet.

Is is it possible to connect my phone to both helmets? If so, how? Would like to have music streaming to both.

Thanks for any help.
    If you've done the latest firmware upgrade music sharing is built into the headset now. Watch this video.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Yep with the latest software update to the SMH10 and the new 20S.... You can in fact "share" media and thus do things another way.

Good point lyonsden!!!!!

But there are still limitations.....

I plan to do a video and shot some of it already, but I need to shoot a lot more about all the different ways you can do things....

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Yes this will work too! The SM10 is a audio streaming device that take a audio input and "streams" it to up to two BT headsets.

So yes this will work EASILY with no special cable or anything.

BUT.... as you know Jim, this is not making it work with the Spyders audio system... It would be a phone only thing.
    Personally, if your going to add the SM10 and that expense, plug the phone into the "system" (ipod cable in the trunk), get the SM10 plugged into the radio, and you get what you need.

Bob
    Hi Bob,

Yes, you are right. I have the cable from my SM10 to the Spyder radio on my RT. Just giving this person an option for his phone if he does not want to use the radio on his Spyder. He then can stream his mp3 player, cell phone, etc to both helmets using the SM10....

I enjoy our SENA system that is tied into the radio via the cable to the SM10 and then I use my ipod when the radio stations are harder to find. Someday, maybe an XM system, but not yet!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 07-27-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

Thanks lyonsden!!!

Watched video, tried it and it works perfect! Thanks so much!

Now, what happens if I get a call? Does the "primary headset" take the call only, or do both headsets interact with the caller?

The he dongle would not work for me I don't think. I will be placing the phone on a ram mount on my handlebars for gps purposes as well, so having it in the trunk is a no-go.

Thanks again! Love it! (Jamming to Aerosmith)
    Rawhide Kid
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide kid View Post
    Thanks lyonsden!!!

Watched video, tried it and it works perfect! Thanks so much!

Now, what happens if I get a call? Does the "primary headset" take the call only, or do both headsets interact with the caller?

The he dongle would not work for me I don't think. I will be placing the phone on a ram mount on my handlebars for gps purposes as well, so having it in the trunk is a no-go.

Thanks again! Love it! (Jamming to Aerosmith)
    You're welcome. Just the primary headset will take the call. The sharing only works for the music.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Been thinking it would be nice to have a cable from the iPod trunk jack up to the dash for those people that do not want to put their phone in the trunk. Like a "dock" up at the dash

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Been thinking it would be nice to have a cable from the iPod trunk jack up to the dash for those people that do not want to put their phone in the trunk. Like a "dock" up at the dash

Bob
    that would be fine for music, but what happens when a call comes in? Would my ringtone (bare necessities from jungle book) come blaring through the speakers? How would I speak to the caller? Curious...
    Rawhide Kid
    Goodyear, AZ