Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default can't read unless you subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by skeetshooter View Post
    Can't read unless you subscribe.
    Steel Black Metallic 2015 RTS-SE6 Limited ; FBB Highway Brackets/ gripper pegs. Gremlin bell. Bajaron sway bar, Elka stage 2 front shocks. Bumps kid with led lights, Ultimate seat tall boy seat. Trailer hitch. Freedom trailer.

Spyder Garage
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Excellent article. He makes it sound like the holy grail of bikes, or is it roadsters.

Did you check out the few comments after the article? You can see even the F3 will be a hard sell to those on 2 wheels.
    Last edited by wyliec; 07-25-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post

Did you check out the few comments after the article? You can see even the F3 will be a hard sell to those on 2 wheels.
    You have to remember, most folks try to "put down" what they don't understand, or are too afraid to give it a try. Nice, honest article, in my book.

And I will add, we need to send him a"correction" on the color stated... It's called, "Can-Am Red!"

Spyder Garage

Post Can AM 2015 F3

I thought the article was good and may get some who are not faint of heart to at least try it out.
    Well done WSJ.

Blade

Spyder Garage

Default Good Read!

The dealer in Ruckersville Virginia encouraged me to test ride a F3 while waiting for an oil change for my 2014 RT. What a blast. I only had my shorty helmet with me and of course the F3 had no windshield. Lots of wind, loved it. The bike is much lower than the RT which feels more like a motorcycle. The exhaust sound got me all pumped up while going through the gears. It must be lighter than the RT because it felt like it was alot faster. The best oil change wait I've ever had. If you RT owners want a good rush, test drive an F3 if you get a chance.

Spyder Garage

Hi skeetshooter,

Re: http://www.wsj.com/articles/can-am-s...ide-1437761981

To each his own. I did not think that it gave a very rood review of the F3. He says that BRP has sold over 100,000 Spyders; well, we know that is not true because of the facts in the recall.

I have been reading this guy's articles on autos for over a year and have decided that he knows little about them. And I disagree on a number of things in almost every article he has written.

Different strokes for different folks; maybe he writes for the uber-rich,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post

He says that BRP has sold over 100,000 Spyders; well, we know that is not true because of the facts in the recall.

Jerry Baumchen
    Is there some easy to find link to the recall in question that gives a figure for the sales of RS, ST, RT, and F3. I've never actually seen a figure other than the guesstimate of a few members.

By the way, when I say an article is excellent, I'm talking in terms of understanding what is being said. I certainly never base my decision on buying based on what I consider a well written article. Most things in an article can be biased.

Spyder Garage

So funny to read the negative comments on the ads Can Am puts on Facebook...we are a bunch of disabled hooligans that are affraid of curves, but not stealing electric shopping carts from Walmart(that being said, some don't want to judge). By the way...we mainly get in the way of Harley's?
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

These are tricycle's. They can scare you if you ride them to their potential.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nothing wrong with a tricycle, i know my wife loves hers and she will not trade it for a 2 wheeler, kinda kick my self in the rear for not actually riding the F3 at the Galveston demo, its kinda growing on me..

Spyder Garage

RE: 100,000 's. There was a big to do about the delivery of the 100,000th recently. It was presented to a customer on stage with BRP and Lamont present I believe.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    RE: 100,000 's. There was a big to do about the delivery of the 100,000th recently. It was presented to a customer on stage with BRP and Lamont present I believe.
    At Spyderfest 2015. There are pics of it in Lamont's photo gallery.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)