Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP 622 Trailer Internal Tiedowns

Am picking my new trailer up tomorrow and wonder what experience exist out there for securing cargo so it does not shif around in transit?
    Anyone installed tie downs inside to use a cargo net?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfogg View Post
    Am picking my new trailer up tomorrow and wonder what experience exist out there for securing cargo so it does not shif around in transit?
    Anyone installed tie downs inside to use a cargo net?
    I picked up a regular net at Wal Mart and bungeed it across the center of the trailer tying he bungee cords into the hinge mounts. That keeps the stuff from sliding back and forth. I use two plastic milk crates to hold my oil, air compressor, tools, spare gas can, spare tire in a can and other necessities of the road and pack them in around the luggage with lots of car cleaning towels and rags. You can never have enough stuff to clean or wipe off the dew in the mornings so those multiple towels serve two purposes.

When they get wet, I just hang them over top of the net and usually the heat from inside the trailer drys them out.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I bought the 622 Cargo Net Tie-down System. Worked great!
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you pack it full enough nothing can move! When I packed mine for our Alaska trip I had to take photos so I would know how to get everything back into it. Good thing is if you leave home with a full trailer you won't waste money buying junk while you're gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

The BRP Cargo Net System Kit for the RT622 is pretty slick. It includes two rails that screw down on the bottom, left & right of the center line. These rails have places for connectors to attach to secure things to the floor of the trailer. It also comes with rings that attach to the lid hinge mounts (I think that's where they mounted) so you can use the supplied cargo nets, attaching it to those rings and to the rails below. It also come with a couple of cargo pouches that hang on the left and right sides just aft of the fenders to store stuff. I really like it. You can get more information on this kit here: http://www.factoryrecreationapps.com...ailersPage.pdf

Pitbull Powersports (Spyderlovers Sponsor page) has a better price than what is show in the above link.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I have had my 622 since 2010 new. Since I camp there is NO problem of shifting anything in the trailer. Just put the heavy stuff on the bottom and slightly heavier things on the left side( crown of the road and all that stuff) Everything else goes on top. BUT since I am a woman I do have a tendency to OVER PACK(understatement!!!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    I have had my 622 since 2010 new. Since I camp there is NO problem of shifting anything in the trailer. Just put the heavy stuff on the bottom and slightly heavier things on the left side( crown of the road and all that stuff) Everything else goes on top. BUT since I am a woman I do have a tendency to OVER PACK(understatement!!!)
    Dang that is a purty red Spyder! I hope they bring that color back for 2016. Guess I'll get to find out on the 31st!

and sorry for straying off topic y'all.