Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

This is from the Spyder Ryders Of America page, I figure this gives us a starting point
    They will also give us a basic chapter charter that we can work with to get it the way we like it

1) Executive Director/ President: The Director shall uphold this Charter and the chapter bylaws, conduct chapter meetings and coordinate chapter officer responsibilities.

2) National Director/ Vice President: The Assistant Director shall assist the Director in carrying out the Director’s duties. The Assistant Director shall also be responsible for promoting membership, membership orientation, membership retention, and keeping the chapter members informed of S.R.A. programs.

3) Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be responsible for the collection and disbursement of chapter funds, reporting the financial transactions to the membership on a monthly basis, submitting an annual financial report to S.R.A., compliance with all revenue recording and reporting requirements.

4) Secretary: The Secretary shall be responsible for the administrative needs of the chapter, keeping the minutes of chapter annual business meetings and general meetings, oversees the position of membership officer if it exists, ensuring that all chapter members are current S.R.A. members, having on file a signed copy of the Annual Chapter Membership Enrollment Form and Release of each member as signed on an annual basis, and submitting to S.R.A. the S.R.A. Chapter Charter Application and any other reports as required by S.R.A. Further, the Secretary shall ensure that all insurance requirements are met (including participant signatures to required release forms), shall ensure preparation of injury report forms, timely submission of injury report forms to the appropriate insurance company and shall be responsible for the maintenance and storage of release forms and injury reports.

Other Officer Positions that Can Be Filled:

5) Activities Officer: The Activities Officer shall be responsible for the administration of chapter events.

6) Ladies of S.R.A. Officer: The Ladies of SRA Officer shall be responsible for encouraging women members to take an active part in chapter activities.

7) Road Captain(s): The Road Captain(s) shall be responsible for assisting in the planning of routes for chapter rides and keeping the Chapter informed of all S.R.A. programs.

8) Editor: The Editor shall be responsible for assembling and organizing written, oral (broadcast) and electronic material for chapter publications, e.g., newsletters, press releases. All chapter publications, whether written, oral (broadcast) or electronic, shall be subject to approval by the board of directors prior to publication.

9) Safety Officer: The Safety Officer shall be responsible for providing chapter members with information relating to the availability of rider training.

10) Photographer: The Photographer shall be responsible for obtaining and organizing chapter photographs for use in chapter publications and chapter history albums.

11) Historian: The Historian shall be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of a written account of the history of the chapter, to include officer positions, chapter activities and membership levels.

12) Membership Officer: The Membership Officer shall be responsible for ensuring that all chapter members are current S.R.A. members, having filed a signed copy of the Annual Chapter Membership Enrollment Form and Release of each member as signed on an annual basis; maintains chapter membership report.

13) Webmaster: The Webmaster shall be responsible for assembling and organizing material for the Chapter Web site and seeking approval from the sponsoring dealer prior to publication.

Please Let me know if anyone is interested in any of these other cool positions??
    Last edited by robr32; 07-30-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If all that is holding this up is someone as Vice President then put me in. We need an Arizona Chapter!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YumaJim View Post
    If all that is holding this up is someone as Vice President then put me in. We need an Arizona Chapter!
    Thank You

Spyder Garage

Ok Folks,
    We have our first order of business it seems
    What would we like the chapter called??

See note from the SRA:

" Cannot be state wide because you can't service the entire state
    we use either a city, range of mountains,a regional the area for a name "

Looks like we have members from all over the state, so I think something like the mountain range or regional area might be kind of cool ?

IDEAS Please, I am not so good at this

Superstition Spyders ( Might be kind of cool, if we had a patch would could use a Dreamcatcher image with a spiderweb in the center ) Just a thought
    Scorpion Spyders
    Gila Spyders
    Desert Spyders
    Saguaro Spyders ( Added 7/31/2015 )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_of_Arizona
    http://www.spiders.us/species/filter/arizona/
    http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Lizards-...suspectum.html

Last edited by robr32; 07-31-2015 at 03:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robr32 View Post
    I am in that group also & if you look on their discussion page you will see my posting about trying to start a chapter :-)
    http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryders-...5412#128305412

Bob R. is my name there
    I also founded and lead the Desert Dragons on Meetup.com

http:\\www.meetup.com\Desert_Dragons
    Sounds like this is going to be another Phoenix group. We are two hours away here in Tucson and would have to ride an extra four hours just to ride with you. (two hours to and two hours from) I used to ride with a M/C group from PHX and a seven o'clock departure meant that I had to leave Tucson at 5AM to be there and then ride another two hours home after the ride. Tried to start a group of riders here in Tucson but very little interest.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Sounds like this is going to be another Phoenix group. We are two hours away here in Tucson and would have to ride an extra four hours just to ride with you. (two hours to and two hours from) I used to ride with a M/C group from PHX and a seven o'clock departure meant that I had to leave Tucson at 5AM to be there and then ride another two hours home after the ride. Tried to start a group of riders here in Tucson but very little interest.

Jack
    I'm roughly halfway between Phoenix and Tucson..... 60 miles NW to Phoenix, and 80 miles SE to Tucson. I do most of my group riding with the American Legion Riders, and my post (Gilbert) is 27 miles from the house. I tend to have to ride a long way no matter where I go. Just like the summer heat in Arizona, I have gotten accustomed to it.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Jack
    I never intened for the chapter to be " Phoenix based ", I was and still aiming for a " state " chapter but the National Chapter is saying it cannot be listed like a state it seems

No " Spyder Ryders Of Amercia - Arizona " it seems, so instead of being something like " Spyder Ryders Of Amercia - Phoenix,Az " I was hoping to come up with something else :-)

I live in Glendale, Az and in order me to get to any " Nice " riding spots, Payson / SRC / Mount Lemmon / Etc
    I have to ride 45+ mins to get to a meetup spot so I feel everyone's pain in having to " Do a ride BEFORE doing THE ride "...Haha

I envison doing rides to alot of diffenet places inside & outside the state ( Spyders In The Redwoods 2016 Hopefuly ) so members in the outlining areas do not " always " have to come to the " valley "

There are areas that " I" have not been to, Tombstone, Patagonia, Bisbee, etc and I would like to take rides to these kinds of places with other Spyder Ryders

Bob..
    Last edited by robr32; 07-30-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ok Folks,
    We have our first order of business it seems
    What would we like the chapter called??

See note from the SRA:

" Cannot be state wide because you can't service the entire state
    we use either a city, range of mountains,a regional the area for a name "

Looks like we have members from all over the state, so I think something like the mountain range or regional area might be kind of cool ?

IDEAS Please, I am not so good at this

Superstition Spyders ( Might be kind of cool, if we had a patch would could use a Dreamcatcher image with a spiderweb in the center ) Just a thought
    Scorpion Spyders
    Gila Spyders
    Desert Spyders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_of_Arizona
    http://www.spiders.us/species/filter/arizona/
    http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Lizards-...suspectum.html

I like desert spyders of that list. What about Grand Canyon spyders? Sunset Spyders? Monsoon spyders? Ok, kidding about the last one.

As as for this being a Phx group, I hope not, as I do hope to do rides well outside of Phx. Sedona, pinetop, tombsone, etc. happy to do a ride before a ride.

I realize that for some trips, such as Sedona, those in Tucson will have to do a ride before a ride. Not sure how we get around this. Just try to balance it out a bit.
    Rawhide Kid
    2014 Spyder RT Limited. Cognac
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

Default Agree with Jack

I agree with Jack. We have been looking for a riding group, but it seems that they are all based out of Phoenix. Have done rides out of Phoenix, and it makes for a very long day. Would definitely meet up somewhere on an East or South route.

Spyder Garage

Default Im in too!

I would like to be included in the SROAZ. Let me know whats up and I'll see if I'm available. I've seen a few Spyders out here in the South East Valley.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azcpl85711 View Post
    I agree with Jack. We have been looking for a riding group, but it seems that they are all based out of Phoenix. Have done rides out of Phoenix, and it makes for a very long day. Would definitely meet up somewhere on an East or South route.
    All I can say is I understand that it can be a pain to have " A Ride BEFORE the Ride ", I would like to see the chapter have rides all over the state not just in the " valley " area..

I do know of some rides coming up:

3rd Annual Bikers For Paws, Flagstaff Az ( 9/12/2015 )
    Save the Chesticles, Phoenix AZ ( 9/26/2015 )
    Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Ride For Kids, Gilbert Az ( 10/18/2015 )
    Cruising For The Cause - Bike & Car Show, Tucson Az ( 10/3/2015 - 10/4/2015 )
    Bikers For Boobies, Scottsdale AZ ( 10/24/2015 )
    Arizona Bike Week 2016, Scottsdale Az ( 4/6/2016 - 4/10/2016 )

It is up to each person to decide if they would like to be a part of THIS chapter, there is nothing or no one that says that there can not be more than ( 1 ) chapter in Arizona
    If folks want to start chapters in say Yuma / Tucson / Flagstaff or any where else, that would be great and I am sure the National Chapter would think that would be grand also

But I would welcome Spyder Ryders from ANY city in Arizona if they would like to join, that is why I did not want the chapter to read " - Phoenix, Az "
    I would like to see it with a generic name like " Spyder Ryders Of Amercia - Desert Spyders " or something along those lines so we don not tie it to a " City " if the National Chapter will allow it

But I think as a " group " we need to work that out before I get back to the National Chapter with what we have decided upon

Spyder Garage

Agree 100%. Well said.
    Rawhide Kid
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

That does make perfect sense. And I do really like Desert Spyders.
    2013 RT Limited
    Tucson, AZ

Spyder Garage

All I can say is I understand that it can be a pain to have " A Ride BEFORE the Ride ", I would like to see the chapter have rides all over the state not just in the " valley " area..

I do know of some rides coming up:

3rd Annual Bikers For Paws, Flagstaff Az ( 9/12/2015 )
    Save the Chesticles, Phoenix AZ ( 9/26/2015 )
    Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Ride For Kids, Gilbert Az ( 10/18/2015 )
    Cruising For The Cause - Bike & Car Show, Tucson Az ( 10/3/2015 - 10/4/2015 )
    Bikers For Boobies, Scottsdale AZ ( 10/24/2015 )
    Arizona Bike Week 2016, Scottsdale Az ( 4/6/2016 - 4/10/2016 )

It is up to each person to decide if they would like to be a part of THIS chapter, there is nothing or no one that says that there can not be more than ( 1 ) chapter in Arizona
    If folks want to start chapters in say Yuma / Tucson / Flagstaff or any where else, that would be great and I am sure the National Chapter would think that would be grand also

But I would welcome Spyder Ryders from ANY city in Arizona if they would like to join, that is why I did not want the chapter to read " - Phoenix, Az "
    I would like to see it with a generic name like " Spyder Ryders Of Amercia - Desert Spyders " or something along those lines so we don not tie it to a " City " if the National Chapter will allow it

But I think as a " group " we need to work that out before I get back to the National Chapter with what we have decided upon
    A Tucson chapter of the Arizona Chapter would be nice or any other areas with a desire to ride with other Spyder folks.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

A Tucson chapter of the Arizona Chapter would be nice or any other areas with a desire to ride with other Spyder folks.

Jack
    Yes it would be, unfortunately the National Chapter has told me a chapter can not be " statewide "

" Cannot be state wide because you can't service the entire state, we use either a city, range of mountains or a regional area for a name "

That is why I was trying to come up with a " generic " name for this chapter so folks would not have to feel like the chapter was " Phoenix Based " & that they would " always " have to go to Phoenix to attend rides which I would like to make sure is NOT the case

Example, say we want to do a chapter ride to the Pima Air & Space Museum which is in the Tucson area
    The members that live in the " Valley " area would have to ride a couple of hours to get there where as the members in Tucson and surrounding areas would ride MUCH less to get there
    Same thing would be if we wanted to go to Tombstone, Patagonia, Bisbee, etc

ALL members should also have the right to post rides and events that would be of interest to them and/or the chapter and than other members can sign up for them if they like
    This will tie into our chapter bylaws on how rides should be handled

What I am trying for here to to make sure that members from ANY city in Arizona DO NOT ALWAYS have to " DO a Ride before THE Ride "
    Because trust me, I KNOW what that feels like :-(
    Last edited by robr32; 07-31-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default I agree Bob

Well folks If I might add my 2 cents. If I live in Phoenix and I want to ride to Bisbee, and the guys in Tucson are putting it together, I'm still going to Bisbee. If a group in Phoenix is planning a ride to Flag, and I live in Yuma but I want to go to Flag, I go. Not sure I grasp the ride before the ride thing. If I am interested in going, no matter the destination, I consider every mile part of an enjoyable ride. Granted, starting out at 0400 for a 0700 meet up can be problematic for some, thus the need for careful planning. But, if some didn't have to ride further than others, there would be no group riding. Careful planning and a desire to be part of the group makes for happy riders. If, however, your only interested in riding, say, up to 25 miles from home, that could be a problem for you. Hate to state the obvious but Arizona is a huge state and will probably require several chapters to make everyone happy. My thanks go out to Bob and the first group of officer volunteers for the effort in starting the first one. Count me in.
    Yes it would be, unfortunately the National Chapter has told me a chapter can not be " statewide "

" Cannot be state wide because you can't service the entire state, we use either a city, range of mountains or a regional area for a name "

That is why I was trying to come up with a " generic " name for this chapter so folks would not have to feel like the chapter was " Phoenix Based " & that they would " always " have to go to Phoenix to attend rides which I would like to make sure is NOT the case

Example, say we want to do a chapter ride to the Pima Air & Space Museum which is in the Tucson area
    The members that live in the " Valley " area would have to ride a couple of hours to get there where as the members in Tucson and surrounding areas would ride MUCH less to get there
    Same thing would be if we wanted to go to Tombstone, Patagonia, Bisbee, etc

ALL members should also have the right to post rides and events that would be of interest to them and/or the chapter and than other members can sign up for them if they like
    This will tie into our chapter bylaws on how rides should be handled

What I am trying for here to to make sure that members from ANY city in Arizona DO NOT ALWAYS have to " DO a Ride before THE Ride "
    Because trust me, I KNOW what that feels like :-(
    Old - 2012 RTS

New - 2014 RT Limited. Spyderpops Bumpskid. Kott Grills, Bajaron Swaybar and Links, Polaris Shock Stiffeners, Custom Dynamics Brightsides Red and Yellow Fender Lights w/Turn Signal Module, Autozone Mirror LEDs, Custom Dynamics Rear Red Brightsides and HMT Brakelight with Strobe Module, Smoothspyder, Lidlox Handlebar Helmet Locks, Glo ryder 360's for Three Wheels, Pete's Graphic Kit, Mini Trailer USA Shadow.

And Growing!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azcpl85711 View Post
    There is the Southern Arizona Spyder Ryder's group. They can be found on Facebook. We have a ride coming up to Mt Graham. We have riders from Tucson and Cochise county.

2014 Spyder ST Limited - Black Currant

"Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it"

Spyder Garage

Hello All,
    I talked to Kenneth Miller SRA Executive Director this morning about the chapter naming, here is what I understand:

1) It can be by city i.e. ==> Phoenix, Az / Tucson, AZ / Yuma, Az / Etc ( They would like to see chapters approx. 100 miles apart )
    2) Area Based ==>Northern Arizona / Southern Arizona / Central Arizona / Etc
    3) Mountain Range ==> Superstitions / White Mountains / Etc
    4) River & Other Areas ==> Salt River / Hassayampa / Monument Valley /
    Saguaro / Desert / Etc

Patch would kind of look like this:

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default I'll join

I'm too old to be an officer, though.

Having gone gone back and read through the thread we could have a rocker above the patch saying "desert Spyders" and a rocker below the patch saying the area. I'm not sure how the "Hell's Angels" would like that though.
    Last edited by Mcubed45; 08-01-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    So far, my second childhood is better than my first.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BaldEagle View Post
    Well folks If I might add my 2 cents. If I live in Phoenix and I want to ride to Bisbee, and the guys in Tucson are putting it together, I'm still going to Bisbee. If a group in Phoenix is planning a ride to Flag, and I live in Yuma but I want to go to Flag, I go. Not sure I grasp the ride before the ride thing. If I am interested in going, no matter the destination, I consider every mile part of an enjoyable ride. Granted, starting out at 0400 for a 0700 meet up can be problematic for some, thus the need for careful planning. But, if some didn't have to ride further than others, there would be no group riding. Careful planning and a desire to be part of the group makes for happy riders. If, however, your only interested in riding, say, up to 25 miles from home, that could be a problem for you. Hate to state the obvious but Arizona is a huge state and will probably require several chapters to make everyone happy. My thanks go out to Bob and the first group of officer volunteers for the effort in starting the first one. Count me in.
    I think BaldEagle has a good point. If you want to ride, you ride. We all understand the problems associated with the ride b4 the ride. The folks you meet and friends you make usually make up for it. My thanks also go out to Bob and the volunteers that helped put this together. Count me in.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Hello All,
    I talked to Kenneth Miller SRA Executive Director this morning about the chapter naming, here is what I understand:

1) It can be by city i.e. ==> Phoenix, Az / Tucson, AZ / Yuma, Az / Etc ( They would like to see chapters approx. 100 miles apart )
    2) Area Based ==>Northern Arizona / Southern Arizona / Central Arizona / Etc
    3) Mountain Range ==> Superstitions / White Mountains / Etc
    4) River & Other Areas ==> Salt River / Hassayampa / Monument Valley /
    Saguaro / Desert / Etc

Patch would kind of look like this:

Thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Default Nice!

Love the patches although I'd like a slightly more plain and easy to read font.

As as for the name, I like all of them although "salt river spyders" rolls of the tongues easier than superstition spyders. Desert spyders is too plain I think.

But I'm fine with any of them.
    Rawhide Kid
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide kid View Post
    Love the patches although I'd like a slightly more plain and easy to read font.

As as for the name, I like all of them although "salt river spyders" rolls of the tongues easier than superstition spyders. Desert spyders is too plain I think.

But I'm fine with any of them.
    Those patches are the " OFFICAL " Spyder Ryder Of America ones that are made by them, I do not think they can be modified

The term " Spyders " can not be in the name, because we ALREADY are Spyders

So, if you look at the lower " Rocker " in the pictures

S.F. Bay Area Chapter for them
    would be
    Salt River Chapter for us
    Salt River or something else of our choosing

So, if someone was to ask you about it....you would say I belong to the " SPYDER RYDERS OF AMERICA SALT RIVER CHAPTER"

I have the sample bylaws that Ken Miller sent me, but I do not want to start work on them until we have a name
    Then the officers will need to come up with " our " set
    Then I will sent that to Ken and it will be reviewed, once everything is good all the officers will need to sign it and it goes back to Ken

Then we are official and our Facebook page will be created and linked out to the Spyder Ryders Of America webpage
    Last edited by robr32; 08-01-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Goldwing riders use "areas" to designate their chapters. Since we would be the first in Arizona, we could be Area A, and represent any portion of Arizona that we choose. I realize that it's not as sexy as desert or river or a city, but what's important is that we Ryde and have a community.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

I posted a " POLL " here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t-Chapter-Name

Bob....