Thread: need help

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default need help

I am a die hard Harley owner, due to health problems I am going to a Spyder, thought about the Slingshot but it's a car. My dilemma is which Spyder, I saw a 2014 RT Limited SE6 for $21,950 has 1,001 miles, it's fully loaded, GPS, Heated seats or a new 2015 RT Limited for $23,599 this is with all rebates applied, they have $3000 off till 07/31/15

http://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/L...ITED-114100880

http://www.dreammachinesoftexas.com/...OwnedInventory
    Last edited by DavidW; 07-19-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

both are good choices, but get the one that makes you the happiest

Spyder Garage

Both are priced very well. New MSRP 28K to 30K. If you can test drive both, I would recommend that. Buy the one that turns your crank the most.

Let us know. Pictures make it real.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Both are priced very well. New MSRP 28K to 30K. If you can test drive both, I would recommend that. Buy the one that turns your crank the most.

Let us know. Pictures make it real.

just added links

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Opinions...??

For the price difference I would go for the new one. But it is your decision and money. Don't know which Harley your coming off of. We have many a harley ryder who can better judge for you...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    For the price difference I would go for the new one. But it is your decision and money. Don't know which Harley your coming off of. We have many a harley ryder who can better judge for you...
    2013 CVO Road Glide Custom 110 Anniv #580 of 999

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very nice. From that you would probably prefer the RT's. ..minor mods and it will be like home. .
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    I am a die hard Harley owner, due to health problems I am going to a Spyder, thought about the Slingshot but it's a car. My dilemma is which Spyder, I saw a 2014 RT Limited SE6 for $21,950 has 1,001 miles, it's fully loaded, GPS, Heated seats or a new 2015 RT Limited for $23,599 this is with all rebates applied, they have $3000 off till 07/31/15

I'd be inclined to see which has the longer warranty available and factor that into the pricing. Not sure what BRP is/was offering for extended warranties on either of them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Ride both if you can, see which one appeals most, bearing what waswinger mentioned above. But if that doesn't make the decision clear for you, maybe consider the differences in the potential value of each in a year or so, or whenever you might want to upgrade next time around!!

If finding the $$ won't be a major issue & most other things between the 2 being pretty much equal (again, see waswingers post) IMHO it's gotta be better to buy the new/latest model, especially since BRP isn't bringing out any 'new' features on the 2015. Everything has already been tested & (hopefully) the bugs (if there were any real issues in the 2014's) have been sorted! Sure, you'll take a depreciation hit the moment you sign the papers & get on it to leave the dealer, but with a price gap that small, why wouldn't you want the bike that will likely retain more of its 'new' value for longer? After all, more'n half of 2015 has slipped by already, & in less than 6 months, that 2014 bike is going to be looked upon as a 2 year old used bike!!

All that said, either will be a great choice, & should give you a lot of enjoyment.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Very nice. From that you would probably prefer the RT's. ..minor mods and it will be like home. .
    yeah I like the storage

Spyder Garage

As I see it, it may come down to your choice of colors. The pearl red is the fastest though.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ravseren View Post
    both are good choices, but get the one that makes you the happiest
    limited is way to go imho. Hardest choice will be color & customs. RTL awesome for riding 2up i am a solo rider & went with the STL. Now the offer the F3 & is nxt best choice. G'luck & you found right group for all your questions fyi.
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    As I see it, it may come down to your choice of colors. The pearl red is the fastest though.
    might be red, looking at their trailers very limited on their colors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would also consider the length of available warranties...
    Since you're looking at a pair of Limiteds; you already know how they are equipped...
    How much do you value that "New Bike Smell"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I would also consider the length of available warranties...
    Since you're looking at a pair of Limiteds; you already know how they are equipped...
    How much do you value that "New Bike Smell"?
    the used one has a pending sale on it, so it might be a new one, have to see what kind of trade they give me

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

DavidW, I feel your pain. I was a two wheeler all my life. I now over 30 years at GM and the first 20 weren't kind to me or my body. Hence my move to the Spyder RTS. Before making a giant leap check out a few things before purchasing. Joining this site was your first smart move. Two: go to www.spyderfest.com it is the Sturgis of Spyders and its held in Springfield, MO. My wife and I are part of the team that helps to put it on. One of our MOGANG members is from Enid, OK. and comes here usually once a month. Three: contact Len at Pitbull Powersports 417-863-1418 he is the owner and the no. 1 dealership in the country for out of state sales. Tell him that Kevin/ kevorama sent you.
    As for the 2014/15 question, go new. Standard warranty is two years. New ones are offering three years as an incentive I believe. Also, the first half of 2014 had some minor mechanical issues that weren't worked out until mid model year. Good luck in your ventures and welcome to the wonderful world of the Spyder Ryder community.

Sent from my iPad

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    DavidW, I feel your pain. I was a two wheeler all my life. I now over 30 years at GM and the first 20 weren't kind to me or my body. Hence my move to the Spyder RTS. Before making a giant leap check out a few things before purchasing. Joining this site was your first smart move. Two: go to www.spyderfest.com it is the Sturgis of Spyders and its held in Springfield, MO. My wife and I are part of the team that helps to put it on. One of our MOGANG members is from Enid, OK. and comes here usually once a month. Three: contact Len at Pitbull Powersports 417-863-1418 he is the owner and the no. 1 dealership in the country for out of state sales. Tell him that Kevin/ kevorama sent you.
    As for the 2014/15 question, go new. Standard warranty is two years. New ones are offering three years as an incentive I believe. Also, the first half of 2014 had some minor mechanical issues that weren't worked out until mid model year. Good luck in your ventures and welcome to the wonderful world of the Spyder Ryder community.

Sent from my iPad
    I worked GM 30 years, paint dept, retired now

the cheapest I have found is Louis Powersports in Greenville TX, 2015 RT Limited $23,599 that's with all rebates applied, it really depends on what they can give me on my Screaming Eagle retail is $34-32k wholesale $28K, if I can get $28K I would do it, the Indian dealer here for a Slingshot offered $28K

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

Len will give you an idea of what he can do for you before you ever make that trip. It takes us 3.5 hours to get there from STL. He's the best there is. I have shops that are only 40-45 minutes away, yet we go to Springfield. He knows what he's doing. It's the only Can Am only dealership in the country. Len is also a Harley guy. Take a few minutes to call them. They are closed Sunday and Monday. We are going down next weekend I think.

Sent from my iPad

Spyder Garage

As a former Harley owner (Electra Glide), and considering the minor price differential, I'd go for the 2015.
    No difference between the 2 models other then the year and color, but never liked getting some else's potential problem.
    Plus your getting the FULL Warranty coverage.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    Len will give you an idea of what he can do for you before you ever make that trip. It takes us 3.5 hours to get there from STL. He's the best there is. I have shops that are only 40-45 minutes away, yet we go to Springfield. He knows what he's doing. It's the only Can Am only dealership in the country. Len is also a Harley guy. Take a few minutes to call them. They are closed Sunday and Monday. We are going down next weekend I think.

Sent from my iPad
    I saw on their site you can Make an Offer, so I submitted one, put Len's name in that you referred me, it's 4 hours and 10 min from here, Greenville was like 2.5 away

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For the little difference in payment, I would go for new then when you break it in, Ride it like you Stole it. I went from an Ultra Classic to the RT limited. No regrets. Now adding an Elio Motors to me collection. I will be complete.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk