Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Back turn lights

Guys,
    I dont think you have to face this "issue" up in the US, coz probably you dont have those ugly back turn lights. I saw that JAPAN market has them even worst.
    SO my question is, any idea, how I can replace them? I am looking for some small light under the tail light and get rid of that whole plastic handle and the light.
    thanx for any advise or link that solves this..
    martin

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default me too

In Oz we have the same indicators as you. On my ST I removed the martian arms and mounted nice chrome indicators on the tow hitch (frame mounted type). For the F3 it's a little different, and no convenient tow hitch available!

We've just ordered Givi Wingrack 2 (for panniers and maybe top box) - the point is that this bit of kit includes indicators !!!! Haven't got it yet so not quite sure how it's going to look/function as replacement indicators, but are keeping our fingers crossed. Oh if/when the original indicators are removed we have to add a red reflector to keep our regulators happy - already bought one and will put it down near the licence plate lamp - that's the plan anyway.
    There is another thread in the F3 section by Guzzi which has pics of the wingrack. The N140 model includes the indicators, but other givi wingrack models may include them also.

Look forward to hearing your ideas.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Something like that?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Hi Wippi! In the UK we have to have a minimum distance between the rear flashers. (500mm)
    Don't you have such a regulation in Germany?

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wippiiiiiii

Great Wippiiii, yes yes yes... exactly like that!!!
    OJ I dont give a damm about regulations.. anyway Police usually dont know what to think about F3

Wippi can you share with me some more details please?
    How you mounted them - drilling was necessary probably?!
    any difficulty with plugin in?
    Any error mesages?

Thanx!! ordering right away!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

Many bike shops and on line have a great selection of turn signal options. Though not as bad as ya'll , here the crotch rocket riders remove the turn signals and have them on or under the body works...you can find some button style and mount them on the inside of the signal brackets...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default logic doesn't apply

All good suggestions chupaca, however the really cute little ones you mention - buttons - would draw attention of the ticket-writers faster than chewy sticks to a shoe. Their latest effort is to issue mega-$ worth of fines to people who have "tinted visors" on their helmet, or a "go pro" camera or similar attached to their helmet! Nobody here can quite understand Oz helmet regulation laws - including the regulators - so that when people wearing a helmet with the right Aust Stds sticker get fined, confusion reigns. Can't help thinking it just might be about the money. I like the sound of the button-in-the-arms, though - even better will be to find a way to do it without the arms.

We're the same as OJ UK where indicators are supposed to be 500mm apart - that's half a metre - based on 'trike' regulations which assume two wheels at the back! I'm astonished BRP hasn't arranged an "exception" for this requirement, given that we do not have 2 wheels at the back. But they haven't or perhaps they've given up trying (which would be quite understandable), so we're stuck.

Sorry for the rant, it's late at night here so best go. Enjoy your day, everyone.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Hi Wippi! In the UK we have to have a minimum distance between the rear flashers. (500mm)
    Don't you have such a regulation in Germany?
    You are absolutely right.... Strictly speaking the indicators are illegal.