Thread: new helmets?

Spyder Garage

Default new helmets?

I have a full face helmet, my wife uses a 3/4 one. We have the SMH-10 comms systems and I just had one of the batteries replaced from SENA. I am hearing a lot of road noise from my wife's headset primarily because of the location of her mike, I use the button mike she uses the boom. I was thinking about replacing the helmets with the newer ones that provide more protection and appear ti be easier to out on and take off.
    We drive a 2012 RT that I drove up from FL a couple of years ago. She drives it most of the time because I had a stroke a few years ago and I try to minimize my time driving.
    Any suggestions on how to proceed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Just in case you haven't already done this try putting a foam mike sock over her microphone. We lost one of ours one time and it sure made a difference until I got a new one.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Also make sure you have the little plastic wind deflector over the mike before you put the sock on. Or if you have the sock, then pull it off and check for that little do-dad. The kit should have come with it.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

We have the same Senas, and when my wife had her Bell modular helmet, the wind noise would sometimes blast my ears. We have the deflector and the wind sock on, but I would still get blasted. Now that she has her new BMW helmet, I don't hear anymore wind noise. With a 3/4 helmet, I think your SOL for wind noise. If I lift up my modular when we ride she bets blasted with wind noise. The only thing you can do is switch channels when you are not talking.