Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airhawk R

Spyder Garage

Default Pay attention...

Hi Folks,

When looking at the Airhawk models, pay close attention to the cushion pattern. Revzilla does a great job reviewing these seat cushions. I believe the "R" has a channel down the middle. It is designed to relieve pressure in the nether-regions (male and female).

The less expensive models may not give you the comfort you are expecting. The Airhawk "R" is worth the extra money if you are going to do 2-3+ hrs cruising. I sampled the different models, and for me personally, the "R" is the best.

Just my opinion...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Air hawk helped but not as much as I thought. Got a whole new custom seat.

Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk R

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    Any feedback on the Airhawk R for Spyders! Please notate if you have the stock 2014 seat.
    I have the 2014 RTL. I use the air hawk R on long trips. I alternate between on & off at each fuel stop. I usually stay in the saddle between fuel stops. Works good for me.

Spyder Garage

Awesome. I bought one and is working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Love It

HERE are my thoughts on the Airhawk R, which I posted last year after buying one. In looking at that thread, I noticed they've gone up $60 in price since then, but after using it another year, I'd pay the higher price. It's worth it, IMO.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

SWMBO and I use Airhawk R's on a stock 2014 RT seat. They fit the rider and pillion seat contours and profile perfectly, and the ergonomics of the R's design mean there are no pressure points for us, even after a few hours of riding. As noted by others, all butts are not created equal, but I have to say that after we bought the Airhawks both of us can sit comfortably for way longer than we could without them.

Highly recommended.
    Last edited by skymed; 09-20-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    I've not bought one yet but my father has one that I will be testing. Less is more it seems when coming to these things. Most of the details that I have read state that if you have too much air then it makes you feel like you're going to slide off the bike. Have you tried taking out any of the air?
    Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    May be a little bit to much air. Never had the feeling that I was going to slide off. I guess my weight on the semi-sticky pad was enough to save my A$$.

Never used the holding straps.
    i never thanked you you guys for answering. Sorry. You guys were right, I had too much air in them. I tested both the Airhawk R and the medium cruiser Airhawk 2. I didn't feel that the "R" was $100.00 better the the "2". I bought the 2 and have used it now for a few months. Although it helps, I am still looking to get a custom seat. Am looking at the Russell Day Long. I don't have enough natural padding to help in that area.

Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk R

I have a 2014 RT Limited with the stock seat and yesterday I just returned from a 7 day 2200 mile road trip. I have always had stock seats on all of my motorcycles (never upgraded) and I have never used any type of aftermarket seat cushion either.

Prior to departing last Saturday (12 Sep 2015) I decided to purchase the Airhawk R seat cushion. I must admit I too considered the cost a bit pricey and I was a bit skeptical as to whether or not the purchase was going to prove to be a worth while investment. Well... I am happy to report, the Airhawk R seat cushion definitely performed as advertised. At no time did I feel saddle-sore during my trip which included riding on many different road types throughout Texas and New Mexico (i.e. interstate, state highway, county roads and mountain roads).

... the only disappointing element of my trip is that I only saw one Can Am Spyder the entire time. It was a blue RT parked outside the hotel I stayed at on Saturday (12 September 2015) in Roswell New Mexico.

... One happy note, a fellow spyder rider approached me at a gift shop in Red River New Mexico. I don't remember his name nor if he said he was a member of SpyderLovers, but I do remember he said that he was from Kansas and that he owned a white 2012 RT Limited. If he's reading this, "It was nice talking to you!!!"
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk R

Have two of them on our 2015 with the standard seat. It fits the passenger area perfectly. My wife and I are sold on the product. It does take awhile to get the air right. They look pretty much flat before you sit on them if you do it right. The best money we've spent on the Spyder!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just took my first trip using an Air Hawk R on my 2014 RT .... its ok... not great... wish I had put the money towards a custom seat instead..

osm

Registered Users
    Angel Fire, New Mexico and Kerrville,Texas
    Spyder Garage

Everyone seems to like the Airhawk R but never which size fits the Rt. Large or small. Please advise as in two weeks leaving for Washington DC on "The Run for the Wall" and I know my butt will be hurting.

Spyder Garage

Default Large

The wife and I both ride the large
    Attached Images Attached Images