Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Proud to be part of these united states called Amercia

After years of living here with my born and bread American Wife I finally went ahead and became a US Citizen. While as a Canadian born immigrant I had not seen the reason to go through the effort up to then since both countries are so much alike. It took 24 years of living among the people of this great nation to understand how much of an honor and privilege it is to be called an American.

The process was long and expensive but what I feared the most was the civics test. They gave me a study guide and I listened to that CD for hours every day. It was that single experience that made me understand what a great nation this was. Eventually I knew every questions answer by heart but continued to listen over and over in awe of the founding fathers and the constitution.

I passed the test with ease and in reality there should have been no fear as I realized that over the years I had come to learn most of the answers from my daily life. Then came the big moment, I stood among my peers, raised my hand to my heart and said the pledge of elegance to America for which the flag stands. I was an American!

As we slowly filed out I was humbled to look at the dozens of people that had also taken this sacred oath and who also seemed to be equally in awe of what had just happened. On the ride home I looked at the many flags displayed everyday along the way. They too, while likely naturalized citizens, were displaying their pride for this great nation, I had just never made the connection before.

Over the last several years I have watched a constant attack on the US constitution and a barrage of hate toward our country, both domestic and abroad. I now stand among those that are proud and honored to call America my home and will fight if need be to protect the rights we all enjoy. Many nations are jealous of what we have achieved and many special interest groups think that they can tear the fabric to shape their own end but given proper leadership this can, and must be, changed.

As an immigrant I respect the laws of this land anyone, that finds that difficult can simply move to a new home outside of this country at its 50 states. The young will always want change and will be impatient to do so but I warn them, watch what you ask for, you may just get it. It easy to judge when you are supported by your parents or worse, the people that work every day and contribute to the coffers for the good of all. Some day they (the youth) will grow up and understand that what they though was black and white is now much more grey, lol.

These times are very trying as I watch the few bully the many to their own end. Many try to make outlandish judgments on innocent speech , the freedom of which is guaranteed in the constitution, or symbols in our daily lives. I respect their rights but do not force your views upon the vast majority that believe otherwise. We need not do more than stand up and state our apposing views peacefully but forcefully to protect our country from those that feel otherwise.

This forth of July weekend I will spend quietly at home with my wife. We will go about the day as we would normally with one small exception. We both will ponder the many virtues of being and US citizen and give thanks to the men and women that protect us from those that would do this nation harm. Bless America and her people and thank you for the privilege to be counted among the ranks... and a happy and safe 4th to all.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 07-06-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!

I wish the school system would give the same education to all students. Too many do not appreciate the history or understand what the country is all about. I just saw a poll where a very large portion of Millennial's want to leave the US. They truly do not understand how good they have it here.

God Bless the USA! Have a Happy 4th of July!
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well put..!!

congratulations..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Glad to be home again

Like you I was born in Canada (although many years before you were). We moved to the USA in the mid-70's and applied for citizenship but were put on a waiting list. In 1982, our names came to the top and my wife and I went through the rigors of studying for the citizenship test. It wasn't an easy test but we both passed with ease and now we constantly amaze our native-born American friends with our knowledge of the constitution, system of government, etc. In fact, we sometimes wonder how these friends ever graduated from high school.

Last week we drove back to Ontario to celebrate our 53rd anniversary with some friends and relatives for a few days and since July 1st is Canada Day we joined in the celebrations with the Canadians. Then we headed homeward and arrived back this morning, prepared for another celebration of July 4th, here at home.

What I find appalling in both countries is the almost complete lack of awareness of the youth in both of the history and sacrifices that so many have made to make these countries what they are today. In both countries we hear folks who are critical of the government and those in political offices who have little or no understanding of how the system of government is/was set up and how it operates.

We have much to be thankful for and while it is okay to be critical of things in our life.... we should not forget to appreciate what we have.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations

Welcome NEW Citizen from Central Washington.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

good for you, sad part is that i have a friend that also did the same thing and i took the test on line with her and i failed
    Last edited by cuznjohn; 07-03-2015 at 10:41 AM.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME

LETS MAKE THIS COUNTRY GREAT AGAIN

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

, and thank you for your post.
    If you ever have the chance: travel to Philadelphia. A visit to Independence Hall will be a moving and emotional experience.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

We're proud to have you as one of us!
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Thank you and WELCOME.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Well put Bluestratos and DT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Very well written! A great tribute to our July 4th celebration!

Spyder Garage

Default It is good to have some citizens

who know what the Constitution says. Not many do anymore and I believe the failure to teach the US Constitution is deliberate as the uninformed tend to believe whatever the leaderships says must be truth.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

congratulations..!!

Spyder Garage

Default Remember the Very Special Few Young Americans

No thread hijack attempted on intended; just as a thought I offer a fresh side to what so many of us realize about the failure of our school system to teach and our students to learn the important details of the history of our great country.

1 July was Induction Day for 1180 of America's best and brightest at the U.S. Naval Academy, Class of 2019. My wife and I had the privilege of witnessing this life changing event from beginning to end as our youngest grandson became a member of that class. For everything bad we read and hear about our great country these young men and women, and their cohorts at the other service academies are truly among the finest, most dedicated citizens we have. Good luck and God speed.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default INDEPENDANCE

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    I like this and I think so many young people and marginalized people and people that have been here and fight for the rights of everyone and not even been allowed to participate in the rights and liberties of this great nation might have a different opinion than a lot of people. Not everyone that says they would like to live some where else is going anywhere, that's just us good old Americans dreaming again of change that has made this country the greatest on the face of this earth. bless America and bless all the good people here. WELCOME
    deerhunter milt brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    , and thank you for your post.
    If you ever have the chance: travel to Philadelphia. A visit to Independence Hall will be a moving and emotional experience.
    And after that a visit to Mt. Vernon and Monticello wouldn't be a bad idea either. Just the thought that you're walking on ground that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson walked on will give you chills.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

When I was in high school in the late 70's we had to memorize the Declaration of Independence and the Preamble to the Constitution. Sometimes I think I was the last graduating class that had to do that.

My little litmus test to determine if someone is educated about this country: I ask them if they know what The Federalist Papers are. More often than not, I just get a blank stare.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post

My little litmus test to determine if someone is educated about this country: I ask them if they know what The Federalist Papers are. More often than not, I just get a blank stare.
    That's not very easy to work into a conversation, is it?

Congrats, bluestratos.
    Last edited by wyliec; 07-03-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations bluestratos on your citizenship. You have gained the single most important right... the right to vote. Exercise that right. If you don't vote, you're not allowed to complain.

On this Independence day weekend I would also like to remind my fellow citizens of a singular truth:

If all rights are not applied equally to all citizens, then they are no longer rights, they are privileges. A privilege is something that can easily be taken away.

Happy 4th of July and happy 239th birthday America!

Spyder Garage

Thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the fold, Bluestratos!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Nice very NICE

Randy what makes this even greater is that I have the privilege to know you personally. Awesome...thanks for sharing.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Congrats buddy! I too am a naturalized citizen of this great country. No desire to move elsewhere unlike some people I meet these days!
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the greatest country on GODs green earth