Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for Ideas

I'm going to set up a portable XM radio on my RT-S. My plan is to get some Velcro and tape it to the small shelf in the rear trunk between the 12V outlet and the audio outlet. My dilemma (sort of), is routing the small antenna lead out and around the weatherproof gasket without destroying it's "integrity". I had thought of making a small slice in the side edge that seals to the gasket, and laying the antenna cable in it sideways, and then filling in the void with some silicone caulking. I've also considered drilling a hole in the interior side of the trunk, and getting a round gasket with a hole in the center, and routing the antenna cable through that. I want to put the small antenna cube on top of the trunk lid just behind the passenger.

Any better ideas? Does anyone have this setup on their Spyder??
    Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default XM RADIO

You have other options if you would like to peruse them, if you have a smart phone you could down load the app and listen that way, I have mine hooked up in the trunk with the iPhone cable, or use it up front on an X grip and listen through my sena communication device using the Bluetooth.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just ran mine out over the top of it... I set the antenna up on the top outer lip, and it's worked that way for two years!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bob....That was my original thought, but was wondering if the opening and closing of the trunk lid would eventually damage the antenna lead. But if it's lasted that long for you, then I guess that's the easiest way.
    I don't have an I Phone, or a cell phone at all, so that other option isn't viable.

Thanks for the replies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It doesn't seem to "mash" against it at all.
    If I can get a picture of it; I'll try to do so...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black