Spyder Garage

Default Great deal on Motorcycle Insurance

I have had Progressive for three years now on my Spyder. My Insurance company just switched to Allstate and asked me if I would like a competitive quote. I said sure. To my surprise the new Allstate quote is much lower. I had been paying about $650 per year with Progressive and the same coverage with Allstate is $250. Wow! This seems too good to be true, but I have it in writing. My agent said Allstate is offering great deals to three wheel riders now. I suggest everyone checks it out.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

i have geico and you have no clue how much they charge me, i called Allstate and they told me to stay with geico because that could never do better
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default I've had Progressive

on my Spyder since 2010 and added my Slingshot in Dec. The policy renewed in June and they quoted $2250 for both. By the way I haven't had a ticket since about '06. My agent also has Allstate and they quoted $850 for the same coverage for both. Seems like Progressive sucks anymore.

Spyder Garage

Toy have to feed those progressive causes

Spyder Garage

FYI!!!!

"Many" insurance companies across the Country are starting to "NOT" include passenger coverage with their MC policies.

A few are no longer offering Underinsured motorist or PIP!!!

And... A few have started to cover only those "Named" as drivers of the MC. Many folks have had the "Wife or Hubby" get the MC insurance because the "Hubby or Wife" has had blemishes on his/her record. And we all know many companies use the driving history for the rating... Yet at the time of the Accident, a different driver was at the handlebars...

Each State is different... I am only offering that for your protection. Please make sure you ask for and get, a copy of the policy before you switch.

And... If you have an umbrella, make sure the LIA coverage limits you chose meet the requirements for the umbrella. Otherwise you have a built in deductible of a significant size...

BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Default Progressive surprise

I've had Progressive on my bikes for years. Recently, they requoted when I added my new 2014 RT-S to the stable.
    Quote for Spyder plus SR400 was $1501. Yikes.

Went to local State Farm and Foremost agents. SF quoted $650, and Foremost $560! Went with SF, as house, car,
    etc. already there. Even the agent had never seen that big a discrepancy. Really wonder what's going on with
    Progressive?

John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You cannot buy an insurance policy based solely on what the premium is...
    You need to know EXACTLY what coverage you are getting for your money, and you need to know that the Company will provide acceptable service; should a claim arise.

This is like buying a car, because the door handles look cute...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You all make wise points. My agent says that my coverage will be the same though. It does seem that something is wacked at Progressive.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: You need to know EXACTLY what coverage you are getting for your money

^^^^^^^ This

My m/c policy ( Progessive ) came up for renewal a few months ago. At that time there were some posts on here about other companies offering coverage for less money than Progressive.

I made a few calls and asked some very specific questions on coverage, deductible, etc. At the end of the day, Progressive was the cheapest cost for me for the coverage that I wanted.

IMO most people really have little knowledge of what they are buying; and that does not mean just insurance.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default Same agent

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You cannot buy an insurance policy based solely on what the premium is...
    You need to know EXACTLY what coverage you are getting for your money, and you need to know that the Company will provide acceptable service; should a claim arise.

This is like buying a car, because the door handles look cute...
    for Allstate that I had for Progressive, he told me that the coverage was the same.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    You all make wise points. My agent says that my coverage will be the same though. It does seem that something is wacked at Progressive.
    I mean you no disrespect, nor your agent. However,

Does your current Progressive policy have...

Disappearing deductible?
    Agreed Value?
    Passenger Coverage?
    $3000 (Or more if you added it) in "Accessory" coverage?
    PIP?
    $100 Uninsured Motorist deductible?
    "Motorcycle" roadside assistance?
    Full pay discount?

Now how about the current quote you have? Is it in the insurance policy or just from his comforting you verbally?

Let me give you a quick example of an agent saying it is the same, and it is not...

Just because a person has 250/500/100 with one carrier, does not mean the coverage for another carrier with the same limits, is going to cover you the same. Or because one company has $35,000 in PIP, another is going to cover/pay the same. And so on...

In the last ten years I have seen the above play-out like this...

Client has a heart attack, while behind the wheel, hits the gas pushing the vehicle in front of him into an oncoming train... $500 CSL limits... Insurance company REFUSED to pay because it was an "Act of God".

Next...

Clients family needed to use their PIP. Paid for it for years with never using it. Then when they needed it, the insurance company required they "Apply" for it and see if they qualify to use it or not.

I can tell you State Farm and Progressive DO NOT act like that. They pay as soon as they are asked...

Now... Each situation eventually got sorted out (One in the Superior Court, the other with a simple letter from an attorneys office). My point is this... You must be an informed consumer. Chose wisely, work with a knowledgeable and seasoned agent. We all know that is easier said than done as it is getting harder to do that. Folks like Bob and I are a dying breed.
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Insurance cost also vary by vehicle i.e. an RS vs. an RT Limited, and by zip code. The more expensive to repair, the higher the cost My coverage with Progressive is $1,147.00/year which covers Bodily Injury & Property Damage $500K, UIM $1 Million, Medical Payments $5K each person, Comp $1K deductible for total loss, Collision $1K deductible for total loss, Trailer $4K, & Roadside assistance $500 each occurrence. (Used this twice with zero out of pocket - one tow was 80 miles - way better than BRP roadside assistance at $200 allowance each occurrence) Bob, as an insurance agent, how do you think this stacks up against other companies? BTW, this is through USAA, which uses Progressive to insure motorcycles.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic