Thread: 2014 RSS

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RSS

Hello all I found a dealer near me that has a 2014 yellow and black RSS se5. He is asking $15,000 plus tax and title. Is a good deal? I over in east Texas if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

A 2015 RS (basic model) MSRP is $14,999
    A 2015 RSS MSRP is $18,199 Per the Can Am website.

Use these numbers for comparison purposes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman220940 View Post
    Hello all I found a dealer near me that has a 2014 yellow and black RSS se5. He is asking $15,000 plus tax and title. Is a good deal? I over in east Texas if that helps.

Seems like a great deal to me... I just picked up a "leftover" 2014 RS-S SE5 here in AZ for $16,000 plus tax, etc. So your number is even better. !!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's another thread about a similar bike... Perhaps you can use this information in your negotiations.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...5-A-good-price
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Asking 15

Maybe 14 would buy it, or even 13.5 . The 16's will roll out soon.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Is there any info or rumors about the 16's? Should I wait to see?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman220940 View Post
    Is there any info or rumors about the 16's? Should I wait to see?

Welcome to crystal ball 101. Those that know are not saying. Late September, early October???????

Rumors all started by us: a restyle of the RT? Another engine configuration???? The 1330 going into some that now have the 998???? And of course, new colors or color combinations.

Jump on a deal?????? Wait for newest and latest?????? It your money. Glad I am not in the market this year.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Does that include the dealers "setup" and "freight"??? Here in SoCal they like to add on thousands for that

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Does that include the dealers "setup" and "freight"??? Here in SoCal they like to add on thousands for that
    That's when the negotiations start to get.. FUN!

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

If you read a lot of threads, you will find that most do not pay for the above. That's a quick $1,000 add on or more that is not supposed to be.

There are many dealers that do not charge either.

Caution: Dealers always know their bottom line and how much profit they want to make on each unit.

This is reflected in many things--MSRP, added freight, set up, trade in value given, do they finance it and at what rate, etc. etc. etc. You need to shop around a bit and determine how much "cash" you are willing to put out to get the deal you want. Some dealers also make a lot of profit by cutting corners. Throw the wheels on and call it built.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    If you read a lot of threads, you will find that most do not pay for the above. That's a quick $1,000 add on or more that is not supposed to be.

There are many dealers that do not charge either.

Caution: Dealers always know their bottom line and how much profit they want to make on each unit.

This is reflected in many things--MSRP, added freight, set up, trade in value given, do they finance it and at what rate, etc. etc. etc. You need to shop around a bit and determine how much "cash" you are willing to put out to get the deal you want. Some dealers also make a lot of profit by cutting corners. Throw the wheels on and call it built.
    I live here for the weather but find many of the dealerships in the area to be exhausting and super greedy. In 2008 I went into a dealer as a serious buyer but when the sales girl told me the final out the door price, I was instantly shocked. She had me come into her office and openly showed my the break down of costs... $5000 for freight! I looked at her and explained I was used to costs for shipping Honda Pilot fl400 buggy's which take up about same space and weight. She smiled at me and said "well, we have to make a little on the back side" This was 2008 model GS out the door at about $22,500
    I left in disgust and ended up with a fair deal a few days later at the next dealership over.

Spyder Garage

Default Good deal..??

from all I have seen your best bet is to get the "out the door" price. All the dealers have little add ons besides the final signing room where they will sell you all the extensions and prevensions they have. Does look like a good base price...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I live here for the weather but find many of the dealerships in the area to be exhausting and super greedy. In 2008 I went into a dealer as a serious buyer but when the sales girl told me the final out the door price, I was instantly shocked. She had me come into her office and openly showed my the break down of costs... $5000 for freight! I looked at her and explained I was used to costs for shipping Honda Pilot fl400 buggy's which take up about same space and weight. She smiled at me and said "well, we have to make a little on the back side" This was 2008 model GS out the door at about $22,500
    I left in disgust and ended up with a fair deal a few days later at the next dealership over.
    Ouch on the freight. My 2008 GS: $16,999 and no freight or prep. I had to wait 8 months for it. MSRP--but I got the first one sold to a customer in AK.

2020 F3L , Magma Red