Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbee..been looking for two years. Bought today.

My wife has been wanting a Spyder for about two years. I kept blowing it off as we have never ridden bikes. I'm 68 and she's about 64,
    well, we just got back from 6 week tour of Canada and Alaska in our RV hauling a RZR for some off road fun.
    She saw several people on trikes and wouldn't shut up...so we got home yesterday and I started searching. Bought a new 2015 RT Limited model G1FB, in white from Woods fun center in Austin. There assembling it now. Salesman rode to our home to complete paper work. $23,170.05, freight $689, prep $487, title and tax $1665.85, 84 month extended factory warranty $1489...
    It ended up at $27,625.90 delivered to our home tomorrow. It started good but ended higher than I wanted but I feel ok with the deal. Tell me what you think.
    We will take our first ride tommorrow evening. Looking forward to meeting new faces and new experiences.

Spyder Garage

Keep a relaxed grip on the handlebars. New riders tend to oversteer and think their new ryde does not steer straight. It is common to over correct. When upshifting do not let off the throttle, hold the throttle steady and push the +shifter. When slowing down it will automatically downshift, or you can downshift yourself. With more time riding you will become comfortable with your new machine. Remember to have fun! A common affliction is having a big smile on your face.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by can-am sam View Post
    Keep a relaxed grip on the handlebars. New riders tend to oversteer and think their new ryde does not steer straight. It is common to over correct. When upshifting do not let off the throttle, hold the throttle steady and push the +shifter. When slowing down it will automatically downshift, or you can downshift yourself. With more time riding you will become comfortable with your new machine. Remember to have fun! A common affliction is having a big smile on your face.
    Thanks. We will need all the help we can get. Such as best back support for me, cup holders and arm rest for her.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Welcome to the Fraternity !

Start off gently, the fun will definitely build as the miles go by.

It is a ryde like no other, and you will develop a specific set of skills.

Protect yourselves at all times.....sounds like fight instructions. You guys will be Great !

That sounds like a pretty good deal you got also.
    Last edited by 4 MARIE; 06-30-2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: add a line
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Default Way to go....

congratulations..!! great choice. Your going to wonder why you waited...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

First...
    Second... look for the "Do's and Don'ts" thread for a pretty detailed list of good/bad riding practices.
    Third... I am a little concerned for your safety ( and the safety of other roadway users) after hearing you say you and your wife have never ridden before but yet you plan on going for a ride tomorrow night after the dealership delivers the Spyder. Please consider taking a safety 2-wheel or 3-Wheel safety course and getting licensed before taking your spyder for a ride.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texasranger View Post
    My wife has been wanting a Spyder for about two years. I kept blowing it off as we have never ridden bikes. I'm 68 and she's about 64,
    well, we just got back from 6 week tour of Canada and Alaska in our RV hauling a RZR for some off road fun.
    She saw several people on trikes and wouldn't shut up...so we got home yesterday and I started searching. Bought a new 2015 RT Limited model G1FB, in white from Woods fun center in Austin. There assembling it now. Salesman rode to our home to complete paper work. $23,170.05, freight $689, prep $487, title and tax $1665.85, 84 month extended factory warranty $1489...
    It ended up at $27,625.90 delivered to our home tomorrow. It started good but ended higher than I wanted but I feel ok with the deal. Tell me what you think.
    We will take our first ride tommorrow evening. Looking forward to meeting new faces and new experiences.
    My wife and I bought our first in 2011 and learned to ryde going around the block till we felt comfortable in ryding it then went out on the local roads,3mos. later she road it to Maggie Valley for the Owners Meet in June and in July,I bought a 2011RS. She now has a 2014RTL and I have a 2015RT,we sold both cars and ryde our for everthing,we have a trailer when we need more space . Go slow and enjoy
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texasranger View Post
    Any deal you are happy with, is a good one. Don't look back. There may be some that will try to nit pik your deal--don't let them bother you. There is always a better deal going on somewhere. on your ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

and on your new ................ about reading the "Do's and Don'ts" thread. Enjoy the Ryde

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And now; the fun can REALLY get started!

Here's to lots of Miles & Smiles for you both!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Congratulations! You are in for some wonderful times.

Take a safety course that is oriented toward trikes . . . MSF offers a "Basic Rider Course - Three-Wheel" . . . it will teach you a lot, will make you a much safer rider, and many insurance companies give a discount if you take it.

Don't take a two-wheel course unless you will be riding a two wheeler, as they are very different animals.

http://msf-usa.org/students.aspx

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the zoo! My tip is look where you are going not where you are at and relax. That will make steering a lot smother.

Spyder Garage

and Also when going around bends you and your passenger need to lean into the curv. It combats the feeling you or they are falling off the bike. Ride safe have fun and Welcome to the Madness
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

and good luck with your new toy Get ready to enjoy miles and miles of fun

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the 1330 club and the "More Smiles Per Mile" club.

Enjoy the ride and ask if you have any questions.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

&

The fun's just beginning!
    Ryde Safe!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Required in Texas

The course that is required before getting M endorsement on license in Texas is the regular 2 wheel bike course. About 16 hours I understand. Will be scheduling for first Saturday after the 4th.
    Thanks for all the kind words and advise.
    2015 RT Limited. New July 1, 2015. Baja Ron sway bar, cup holders, arm rest, back rest, bump skid, GoPro.

Spyder Garage

Your post enticed me to join the forum.

I, too, just bought a 2015 RT Limited, and I live in Spicewood. It is being delivered this weekend.

Small world!

I've searched and searched for a basic safety course for three-wheel motorcycles in central Texas, and they are few and far between. Looks like south of Houston and Killeen are the best bets.

Maybe we could take the course together.

If anyone could help us, that would be fantastic!
    2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Woods fun center are great people to work with. That's where I got my 2015 RT special edition. Hope to see you on the road!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Your post enticed me to join the forum.

I, too, just bought a 2015 RT Limited, and I live in Spicewood. It is being delivered this weekend.

Small world!

I've searched and searched for a basic safety course for three-wheel motorcycles in central Texas, and they are few and far between. Looks like south of Houston and Killeen are the best bets.

Maybe we could take the course together.

If anyone could help us, that would be fantastic!
    Yes, very small world.
    We need to get together. I think there is a course in Marble Falls. Will check out. I live on the Bee Creek arm of the lake off Bee Creek road.
    Paul

Found this,
    http://shop.theridecompany.info/07A-...de-071215a.htm
    Last edited by Texasranger; 07-02-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: new info
    2015 RT Limited. New July 1, 2015. Baja Ron sway bar, cup holders, arm rest, back rest, bump skid, GoPro.

Spyder Garage

Default Course coast

Is $235 about the cost of the course??

I want to do a three wheel course but I need the basic now so I can get the M endorsement. I want to take the three wheel course as well.
    Last edited by Texasranger; 07-02-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default I signed up for this.

07A 2015 Marble Falls Basic Rider Course July10-12 (AM ride)

Be the first to write a review

Take the state required MSF Basic RiderCourse on our motorcycles in the beautiful Hill Country at Marble Falls! This motorcycle safety course consists of one classroom session from 5PM to 10PM on Friday at 1800 Colt Circle, and two morning ride sessions at the Marble Falls High School visitor parking lot from 8AM to 1PM.

Requirements: Be on time, there is a $99 rescheduling fee for those trying to arrive late. Show up with footwear that covers the ankle bone, long sleeve shirt, long pants, and eye protection. We will provide the helmet and gloves if you don't have your own DOT helmet.

• Item #: 071215a

* Marked fields are required.
    Qty*
    Price $235.00
    Availability Position Available
    # Available 4

Reviews (0) Write a Review
    No Reviews. Write a Review

Spyder Garage

Default Newbee

TexasRanger,
    There are trike safety courses in Texas. You might consider doing some additional research.

Reese
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Cool Another Texas ryder...welcome to the party!

CONGRATS!

You've got yourselves an awesome ryde...and your location is great too! The safety courses are all worth the money...valuable lessons on how to ride and the differences between 2 and 4 wheel safety concerns.

My advice...lots of practice and remember an empty parking lot is very forgiving when you're learning to ryde ANY bike or trike.

Hope we see you on the Texas roadways soon!....
    Ken "Tasian" Bryson
    U.S. Air Force Retired...
    RTS-SM6, "Steel Chariot"

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Welcome to the Spyder world from Central Washington, you will very much enjoy the bike. Lots of good information here and lots of good folks so visit and ask questions if you need to. I haven't had my Spyder very long after nearly 60 years of riding two wheelers, but loving it more every day. Just came back from a 1700 mile ride to Cody, WY and back over Bear Tooth Pass. Beautiful and fun. Ride safe.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.