Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Does not apply

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Thanks, Bob. But, this bulletin does not apply to older models and is causing more confusion. This bulletin is ONLY for 2013. The 2013 kit includes modifications to the fuel system and will cause more harm than good in 2010-2013 models.
    We are just looking for the Air Scoops here. The increased air circulation around the engine helps cool the seat area better.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Upstater View Post
    Thanks, Bob. But, this bulletin does not apply to older models and is causing more confusion. This bulletin is ONLY for 2013. The 2013 kit includes modifications to the fuel system and will cause more harm than good in 2010-2013 models.
    We are just looking for the Air Scoops here. The increased air circulation around the engine helps cool the seat area better.
    Ooops, meant to say,"...will cause more harm than good in 2010-2012 models." My bad!
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts

Spyder Garage

Arrow BRPcares

If they did?

They would take the guess work out of this and announce whether pre '13 owners will be provided the air flow upgrade.... or not.

How difficult could that be?

I mean.... Really!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I had serious heat problems with my 2010RT. At dealers now waiting for answers. Case opened
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Publication #

There is an publication concerning this topic. It is TST #112333. Technical Service Tips (TST). It must be searched for without the hyphen. Can-Am will cover parts and labor on units in the regular warranty period (the first two years). All other units must request a goodwill warranty coverage.
    2015 RT SE6 Limited

Custom Dynamics Trunk LED Brake Light with flasher
    Corbin armrests
    BajaRon- shock adjusters

Previous 2011 RT SE6

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Covered

Quote Originally Posted by jascreek View Post
    There is an publication concerning this topic. It is TST #112333. Technical Service Tips (TST). It must be searched for without the hyphen. Can-Am will cover parts and labor on units in the regular warranty period (the first two years). All other units must request a goodwill warranty coverage.
    We have had no fewer than 5 members of our SRA chapter that have had the scoops added to their 2011 and 2012 RTs with dramatic improvements in heat. This was done at no cost to the owners and picked up by BRP.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lots of great information here! I love spyderlovers! Gonna take this info with me and talk to my dealer!

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Until BRP and the dealers get their stories straight, I did a little work myself on my 2012 RT that has helped a little bit. I removed the acoustic panels along with the 2 small air deflectors underneath the mirrors. Removing the deflectors allows some of the airflow to go into the vents that the deflectors were blocking. Not a lot, but some. This isn't a replacement for having scoops force air into the vents, but until BRP decides what they are going to do for pre-2013 RT's, every little bit helps. I'm one of the shorts and flip-flop crowd, (yeah, I know, but I want to feel the air and the sun) and this has helped some. Now to get the 2014 right side grill and bottom block off plate unless I fashion something up myself. If I do it myself, I plan on using double sided Velcro twin stick so I can remove the block off plates in the winter.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I removed my acoustic panels also this past weekend. Helped a good bit with the heat coming up from the seat. Also removed the air deflectors. Next on the list will be to wrap the exhaust. At least the left side pipe. Wow that thing gets HOT!

Dealer just doesn't want to help me with the scoops. Said they will not fit a 2010.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    I removed my acoustic panels also this past weekend. Helped a good bit with the heat coming up from the seat. Also removed the air deflectors. Next on the list will be to wrap the exhaust. At least the left side pipe. Wow that thing gets HOT!

Dealer just doesn't want to help me with the scoops. Said they will not fit a 2010.
    Time to find a new dealer. The dealers in California are doing these as long as your bike is under warranty. You may want to reach out to BRP directly! Oh and they will fit! The body panels are them same on the 2010 as they are on the 2013.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I know they fit, you know they fit, we all know they fit. But I am continuously told this from the 4 dealers that are with in 120 miles of me. And as far as finding another dealer, thats out. Unless I go 2 states away. And BRP is just as bad. They don't want to deal with individuals, it's always "Take it to the dealer, they may be able to figure out a solution". "But you have to pay for the diagnosis charge"

I'm just going to find my own ways to fix my heat problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Time to find a new dealer. The dealers in California are doing these as long as your bike is under warranty. You may want to reach out to BRP directly! Oh and they will fit! The body panels are them same on the 2010 as they are on the 2013.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They'll fit; no problem!
    BRP doesn't want to deal directly with consumers, because they have a dealership network for that!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What are the acoustic panels?

Spyder Garage

Default Will ship...

I know they fit, you know they fit, we all know they fit. But I am continuously told this from the 4 dealers that are with in 120 miles of me. And as far as finding another dealer, thats out. Unless I go 2 states away. And BRP is just as bad. They don't want to deal with individuals, it's always "Take it to the dealer, they may be able to figure out a solution". "But you have to pay for the diagnosis charge"

I'm just going to find my own ways to fix my heat problems.
    I can order the kit and ship it to you. My dealer is just waiting to get it in and install on my RT first, to make sure it's correct. Hang tight, help is on the way!

Spyder Garage

I can order the kit and ship it to you. My dealer is just waiting to get it in and install on my RT first, to make sure it's correct. Hang tight, help is on the way!
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Install scheduled!

Just got the call. The kit has arrived and I'm scheduled for this Friday.

Spyder Garage

Default Excellent

From what I have heard from other 2012 owners is this will really be awesome!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pslawing View Post
    What are the acoustic panels?
    They are two large black panels underneath the side panels. They have some insulation on them to block sound, but they also allow some of the heat around the engine to build up and be contained. I removed mine and I can't tell any difference in noise level. Taking them off allows a little more air flow. Not a lot, but some. It has helped a little. Mind you, I am not complaining about the heat the Beast gives off, especially with my summer clothing choices, but my wife does complain about the hot air riding up on her right foot and leg. Just ordered the 2014 right side grill from BRP. We will see if that helps some when it arrives.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

In part 1 of my tri-axis handlebar install video I show the acoustic panels and how to remove them.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

My dealer is in "Discussion" with BRP about the heat problem on my 2010 RT.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

The Kit is available at ALL dealers.
    I just ordered mine today after taking off the Acoustic Panels Yesterday.
    Its $67 for the kit and Since my dealer is 8 miles away I will bring in the 2 Panels and they will put the scoops on for probably 1/2 hour labor since they do not have to deal with the Spyder itself- Only the panels?

If you have Not taken off both under panels on your 2010-2012 RT you should do ASAP as they are easy to take off with 2-3 10mm small bolts.

With the Acoustic Panels Gone (Which Surround the Cylinder Heads) and the Bottom panels off And the Vents the air will flow in the vents then through the cylinder/Motor area and exit out the bottom and you should be a Happy Camper?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Its $67 for the kit and Since my dealer is 8 miles away I will bring in the 2 Panels and they will put the scoops on for probably 1/2 hour labor since they do not have to deal with the Spyder itself- Only the panels?

If you have Not taken off both under panels on your 2010-2012 RT you should do ASAP as they are easy to take off with 2-3 10mm small bolts.

With the Acoustic Panels Gone (Which Surround the Cylinder Heads) and the Bottom panels off And the Vents the air will flow in the vents then through the cylinder/Motor area and exit out the bottom and you should be a Happy Camper?
    Do you have a part number for the kit. $67 is a pretty good price for the scoops!

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Yes, if you have part numbers, please provide them. My dealer still tells me they are unavailable to purchase right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post

Spyder Garage

Yes, if you have part numbers, please provide them. My dealer still tells me they are unavailable to purchase right now.
    I just printed Pages 18-22 of the recall notice posted earlier in the thread called "Adding Air Intake Scoops to the side panels." I showed it personally to my dealer and he ordered it right away and will be here Friday!

Read the entire recall link posted earlier and you will see it.
    Its Not a question of if your dealer can order it - Its a question of whether they want to bother enough to help you after the sale?

Mention TST#112333 and Kit # 219800388 as posted earlier in this thread.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2010 RTS with about 25K on it. I do have a Best warranty that expires November of this year.

After reading this post early this morning I contacted my dealer by email. He responded at 9:30am via email stating he ordered parts for me and they could be installed next Wednesday at no cost to me. The invoice he emailed me said :

Install Air Scoop Retrofit Kit on 2010-2012 RT Models as per TST61Y010S09
    Part Number 219800388 Air Scoop Kit
    Claim Type Goodwill

Like Sarge said, I guess there are some dealerships willing to take care of there customers, and there are some that are not.

BTW ~ it's good to hear from you Sarge !!
    Last edited by SpydermanCT; 07-16-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat