Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

So I just called my dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about with BRP doing a goodwill on older models. And the scoops aren't available to purchase.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well

Time for a new Dealer
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Now what?

Don't worry I've called several in my area but no one has any information on goodwill work. One had no clue on what I should do but 2 said to call BRP and let them know my problems and if they issue a case number then for me to call the dealer back. plus all 3 said that the scoops wouldn't work on any prior RT models because the panels are different and the scoops wouldn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Time for a new Dealer
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

Just like when the recal game out, some dealers had no clue!

They should call BRP and get the info not you.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

There is more to do than just cuting the hole bigger.
    there is baffles that have to be removed .
    that is all I know.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Yep

QUOTE=finless;1000298]Just like when the recal game out, some dealers had no clue!

They should call BRP and get the info not you.

Bob[/QUOTE]
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default heat fix

Asked my dealer they want $300 for the scoops installation extra , I have a 2012 RTS .Have anyone found a better deal.
    Last edited by jtoro1; 07-03-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    FYI, on facebook two people now have said their dealers were told by BRP that in good will the scoops can be ordered and installed on 2010-2012 Spyder. If still under warranty it is free. If not it is $175 for labor.
    It sure sounds as if they could be free...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Update...sorta

The scoops have come in for my '12 RTL, but I was unable to get the Spyder dropped off at the dealer today as I had hoped.
    So, because I've got a ryde this weekend, I've rescheduled to drop off on Monday and hopefully pickup after work on Tuesday....Stay tuned....
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NorCalBud Did you get it done?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBud View Post
    The scoops have come in for my '12 RTL, but I was unable to get the Spyder dropped off at the dealer today as I had hoped.
    So, because I've got a ryde this weekend, I've rescheduled to drop off on Monday and hopefully pickup after work on Tuesday....Stay tuned....
    Just wondering if you got your bike back from the heat recall work on your 12?

Spyder Garage

Default Not yet...

Not their fault at all and they're still up for doing it, but unfortunately I've missed 2 appointments to have it done in the last 2 weeks, because I haven't been able to get the Spyder down there. I work same hours they do... Now they can't get me in until next Friday.
    I promise I'll let you know when I pick it up and will post some pics.
    Last edited by NorCalBud; 07-08-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT Air Scoops Installation

I just stopped at my dealer yesterday. He called BRP and received the ok for installing the retro air scoops on my 2012 RT Ltd. While in stop and go traffic above 90 deg, the heat under the seat was getting excessive. The temp gauge was just below danger zone. I'm in upstate NY and can only imagine how uncomfortable this might be in southern states.

The air scoop kit and dealer install is being covered under my extended warranty. As soon as they are installed I will post pics and report on effectiveness. I know some owners do not care for the look. However, I think they look real sporty and add a nice touch. Free farkle, that actually has some use... Sure!

The key to the conversation with the dealer was NOT using the 2013 recall as the starting point. He did a quick search on bulletins and found the correct info for prior models with heat issues. I think it is bulletin 11-2333 (?). Maybe someone with BRP access can confirm the number.

Not every dealer (like car dealers) are in tune with everything. Find another dealer if you do not get what you need. I am fortunate to have a great dealer that cares about the customer and will stop at nothing to satisfy!
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

Just got off the phone with my dealer and they said the scoops were made to fit the 2013's only. So I asked if they could call BRP and inquire about them ok'ing the scoops for my year and they said it wouldn't work.

So I ended up calling BRP myself but they insisted I take the machine to the dealer and have them diagnose my gas boiling problem and excessive heat to see if they have a fix. Of course I would have to front all the expenses for a diagnosis or fix that may or may not work. I guess I'm just going to have to go at it on my own to find solutions. Wish I was as lucky as some of the other people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Upstater View Post
    I just stopped at my dealer yesterday. He called BRP and received the ok for installing the retro air scoops on my 2012 RT Ltd. While in stop and go traffic above 90 deg, the heat under the seat was getting excessive. The temp gauge was just below danger zone. I'm in upstate NY and can only imagine how uncomfortable this might be in southern states.

The air scoop kit and dealer install is being covered under my extended warranty. As soon as they are installed I will post pics and report on effectiveness. I know some owners do not care for the look. However, I think they look real sporty and add a nice touch. Free farkle, that actually has some use... Sure!

The key to the conversation with the dealer was NOT using the 2013 recall as the starting point. He did a quick search on bulletins and found the correct info for prior models with heat issues. I think it is bulletin 11-2333 (?). Maybe someone with BRP access can confirm the number.

Not every dealer (like car dealers) are in tune with everything. Find another dealer if you do not get what you need. I am fortunate to have a great dealer that cares about the customer and will stop at nothing to satisfy!

Spyder Garage

Your dealer is WRONG. The panels that are cut to mount the scoops are the same panel for 2010-2013.

What I would do is call a dealer that is doing them for 2010-2012 per BRP and see what they say needs to be done. Then have YOUR dealer call that dealer if they are willing. This is what I did for someone out here. There is a dealer installing this in Ca. as noted in the first post. A friend called me saying his dealer said no only for 2013. I told him to call the other dealer and get the story. He then went back to his dealer and they called the other dealer. Done.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

I've called every dealer around me within 120 miles but they all say the same thing. That its only for 2013 and they aren't doing any of the scoops for older models unless BRP directs them too. But they won't even call BRP.

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Your dealer is WRONG. The panels that are cut to mount the scoops are the same panel for 2010-2013.

What I would do is call a dealer that is doing them for 2010-2012 per BRP and see what they say needs to be done. Then have YOUR dealer call that dealer if they are willing. This is what I did for someone out here. There is a dealer installing this in Ca. as noted in the first post. A friend called me saying his dealer said no only for 2013. I told him to call the other dealer and get the story. He then went back to his dealer and they called the other dealer. Done.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Buy the kit...

You can also buy the kit and do it yourself if you are out of warranty. The kit is approx. $75 (don't quote me, I think that's what the dealer told me). I will get more specific information and the actual bulletin he showed me. If you are good with a Dremel on plastic, then have at it.

Again, the KEY here is to NOT discuss the 2013. This is not part of that recall. The scoop kit for the 2010-2012 happens to be part of what is included in the overall kit for the 2013. This is also a "good-will" fix provided by BRP. Perhaps too many folks are calling now and they are backing off?
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts

Spyder Garage

My opinion is BRP needs to release a tech bulletin for dealers to see this. My understanding was this was word of mouth to dealers about other year models where users are complaining of heat.

Thus you may have to go down that path with your dealers. Tell them to file a case with BRP and it should get you there.

If your out of warranty you will be paying labor.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default Air Scoop Kit

I was told the BRP Kit # is: 219800388. Google comes up blank on a search for this.

Spyder Garage

I was wold that the scoops weren't available to purchase.

You can also buy the kit and do it yourself if you are out of warranty. The kit is approx. $75 (don't quote me, I think that's what the dealer told me). I will get more specific information and the actual bulletin he showed me. If you are good with a Dremel on plastic, then have at it.

Again, the KEY here is to NOT discuss the 2013. This is not part of that recall. The scoop kit for the 2010-2012 happens to be part of what is included in the overall kit for the 2013. This is also a "good-will" fix provided by BRP. Perhaps too many folks are calling now and they are backing off?

Spyder Garage

On parts schematics it still shows the deflectors that go under the mirrors, no scoops. Therefore no part numbers yet on the new scoop pieces.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    I was wold that the scoops weren't available to purchase.

It is absolutely amazing to me how dealers cannot satisfy the very customers they so desperately need. Hang tight, I will get the correct Bulletin for you. It may take a few days unless someone else can get a hold of one. At the very least, I will buy it for you and ship it to you.
    This whole discussion is really tee-ing me off (at the dealers). A simple and affordable solution that has become so difficult for some to get remedied. Now I'm on a mission!!

Spyder Garage
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, it really is frustrating. Our dealer in our town is new, only been open 2 months. But they have no concern at all about trying to get any information for me.

It is absolutely amazing to me how dealers cannot satisfy the very customers they so desperately need. Hang tight, I will get the correct Bulletin for you. It may take a few days unless someone else can get a hold of one. At the very least, I will buy it for you and ship it to you.
    This whole discussion is really tee-ing me off (at the dealers). A simple and affordable solution that has become so difficult for some to get remedied. Now I'm on a mission!!

Spyder Garage

Default Article 112333

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    Thanks, it really is frustrating. Our dealer in our town is new, only been open 2 months. But they have no concern at all about trying to get any information for me.
    Okay... I just called my dealer. He was on the BRP Dealer's site and found "Article 112333." In my case, under warranty, he had to submit for approval. HOWEVER, since you have a 2010 and are probably out of warranty (?), you should be able to purchase the kit from your dealer. My dealer can purchase the kit seperately (under $100).

Make sure your dealer is NOT confusing this with the 2013 recall. That model should NOT come up in your conversation. If it does... walk out, come back in, and start over (lol). If your dealer is new, they may not be familiar with the BRP Dealer's site.

We are waiting for the kit to arrive so we can make sure it is going to work as expected. If it is as we expected and your dealer still has not helped you, we can something up. My dealer is willing to help you out. But he wants to make sure this kit is appropriate first.

Stay tuned...