Thread: Parts swap?

Spyder Garage

Default Parts swap?

Hey guys

I'm meeting a guy at my local dealership today to have his 2012 RSS inspected before I possibly buy it. I had a 2008 model and am wondering if my BRP 1' risers and my Hindle silencer will fit the 2012???

Thanks,
    roller

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do believe that they will.
    There were no significant changes until 2013...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I changed from a 2008 GS to 2011 RSS, the steering column was changed and the 2008 riser would not work. Can-Am, I believe makes a different riser for it. The steering column is styled after their snowmobile.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I forgot, all the other parts from my 2008 did fit. Only the riser was different.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    When I changed from a 2008 GS to 2011 RSS, the steering column was changed and the 2008 riser would not work. Can-Am, I believe makes a different riser for it. The steering column is styled after their snowmobile.
    Thanks for this important info; I was unaware of that change...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Yes and maybe

The hindle should bolt right on.
    what kind of riser ( s ) is it? If it's the one inch block, it's probably more trouble than it's worth , even if it DID fit. Easy risers seem to be the best bang for the buck.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RISERS

A sponsor here ....CUSTOM DYNAMICS....... Easy Risers 4 1/2 in. $ 129.00 blk or silv.....has a how to video...........This is currently the least expensive option , and IMHO the best........Mike

Spyder Garage

Guys

Thanks all for chiming in. Was the Hindle I was most curious about as it really improved performance and stopped my old GS sounding like 1972 Wolksvagen! I had installed 1" BRP handlebar risers on the old bike but they didn't make much difference so I will be researching everything on offer to bring the bars a tad higher and a tad closer.
    So I pulled the trigger today and bought the bikeIt checked out good and as far as I can see so far, is missing a front wheel center cap and the lower front part of the guard inside the foot brake is snapped off? ( A bit odd)

Now I will start buying the initial parts needed so I can ride it. (I'm paraplegic) I'll look at what floorboard options are out there or I'll fabricate a pair, I'll fabricate another tail rack to carry my wheelchair and I already have the correct handbrake system to bolt on where it's supposed to be on a bike.

After that, I'll be shopping for a custom built seat with rider backrest and a larger wind shield. Then there's the gas cap mod to do and for sure, A Hindle slip on.

I'll probably post pics over at "enabled riders" section once it's operational

Cheers,
    roller

Spyder Garage

Default Sweet

If we can help, let us know. Cheers!
    Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Well Guys,

Slowly but surely the bike is nearly ready to ride. I've been to busy and its been to warm so work is happening on the bike but still looking for advice on immediate and eventual changes. Including list of needs and wants in case some of you have input or better yet, items in your garage collecting dust
    RSS comes with windshield that does next to nothing. Looking for an average size shield that redirects air from chest to overhead, nothing to large and NO scratches
    Floorboards? Had Kuryakyns on last bike and am looking at all on offer but if anyone has riders set floorboards and wants to turn them into cash???
    Looking for Hindle slip on, I had one on the 08 and really liked it!
    Pair of soft saddle bags (Nelson Rigg) etc. No idea what I did with my last set???

Thanks for reading, let me know if you want to sell?? Alternatively, please send any links worth reading on WINDSHIELDS

cheers,
    roller

Spyder Garage

Default Floor Boards

i have a set of Rivco ca 20 Floorboards collecting dust. Take a look on line if your interested let me know.

Spyder Garage

Default For sale board?

Somebody was selling a Hindle pipe very cheap.
    it was fun while it lasted.