Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 15 vs 16 rt limited

What are the differences between the 15 and 16 rt limited i would liketo get the 16 but a leftover 15 would be great if no major differences i do like the new blue color

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

colors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

depends which models. Most are just the color, visibly.... I think none on the ST,RT, but new for the F3...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Difference between 15 and 16 Limited RT

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    colors
    Addition of a USB port and colors is the only thing I saw. Wish they would make a USB adapter that would plug into the back jack to use a thumbdrive of music in addition to the Ipod and MP3 adapters.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    Addition of a USB port and colors is the only thing I saw. Wish they would make a USB adapter that would plug into the back jack to use a thumbdrive of music in addition to the Ipod and MP3 adapters.
    Yeah you are correct..

Spyder Garage

The 1330 RT is pretty much perfect the way it is. They did add the USB and I think that was a great move but other than that what can they really do?

Remember the 2002 Goldwing has not changed much either. They fixed a few issues and I think it was in 2012 they added a little to the bags but other than that it's pretty much the same bike. Oh they did come out with a F6B (Bagger) Goldwing and some loved it and some hated it just like the the F3-T now.

This is still a new company compared to Honda and Harley and I think they've done pretty well with the model lineup so far.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The 1330 RT is pretty much perfect the way it is. They did add the USB and I think that was a great move but other than that what can they really do?

Remember the 2002 Goldwing has not changed much either. They fixed a few issues and I think it was in 2012 they added a little to the bags but other than that it's pretty much the same bike. Oh they did come out with a F6B (Bagger) Goldwing and some loved it and some hated it just like the the F3-T now.

This is still a new company compared to Honda and Harley and I think they've done pretty well with the model lineup so far.
    I think you are not too familiar with GoldWings... there is quiet a bit of differences between a 2002 and the 2012 GoldWings... Honda added the built in GPS in 2006... and installed a killer sound system... and the Air Bag model became available in 2005 that package has ABS brakes as well..... they redesigned the rear bags in 2008 or 2009....and a loaded GoldWing is cheaper than a Limited spyder

osm

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    I think you are not too familiar with GoldWings... there is quiet a bit of differences between a 2002 and the 2012 GoldWings... Honda added the built in GPS in 2006... and installed a killer sound system... and the Air Bag model became available in 2005 that package has ABS brakes as well..... they redesigned the rear bags in 2008 or 2009....and a loaded GoldWing is cheaper than a Limited spyder

osm
    Yes but the airbag was a big fail, it was called "The Butt Bag" because it looked like a big but when inflated. The GPS was received with mixed emotions, most went with the Garmin or back then the iway. Guess I got my dates wrong on the bags but it was funny to read that older wing guys say how ugly it was. I am familiar with the wing, I started a ran www.GL1800Riders.com and was partners in two Honda dealerships. I was a partner with Honda Direct Line.

Pricing, I'll let you be the judge. Unless they're giving that kit away it's going to be way more that a loaded RT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post

osm
    The Wing only 2 wheels. Add the trike kit and you are way beyond a Limited Spyder in price with poor handling. You just can't beat a purpose built Spyder.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes but the airbag was a big fail, it was called "The Butt Bag" because it looked like a big but when inflated.
    I am perfectly happy with my 2014 RT, but I have always wondered why there wasn't an airbag option for this thing. It was hard for me to see how an airbag would work on something that could fall over just sitting still (2 wheels), but I did think that an airbag would be useful on a 3 wheeled vehicle. I would not trade, or add money on this option, but when (if ever) do you guys see an airbag being an option on a spyder?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am perfectly happy with my 2014 RT, but I have always wondered why there wasn't an airbag option for this thing. It was hard for me to see how an airbag would work on something that could fall over just sitting still (2 wheels), but I did think that an airbag would be useful on a 3 wheeled vehicle. I would not trade, or add money on this option, but when (if ever) do you guys see an airbag being an option on a spyder?
    I don't want it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That could certainly help you to become the "Butt" of many jokes...

EDIT: I showed "them" to the Missus: She thought that a high-quality Brassiere might be needed...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-22-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glad that thing is kept hidden.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Imagine.....having to slam your face into something like that !!!!
    NO THANKS !!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nothing needs to be said...

Spyder Garage

Default USB Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    Was just in the local dealer to ask about '16s. They have a RT Limited on the floor, and the salesman showed me the MP3 adapter in the trunk. It had the DIN Plug to insert into the back jack, a mini headphone type plug for the MP3 player, AND it had a third line to a USB adapter. So it must be available.

Neil
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Lamonster;1040135]The 1330 RT is pretty much perfect the way it is. They did add the USB and I think that was a great move but other than that what can they really do?

I agree, but now that they added the USB ...................... I have an excuse to get a 2016

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    Does your lovely Bride need new hardwood floors throughout the house too?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Joe,
    Does your lovely Bride need new hardwood floors throughout the house too?

You, my friend, are a mean person
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Be thankful that I didn't mention wardrobe, or her new car as well...
    As for me; I'll just play with the 4 USB ports on the front of my computer!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderNeil View Post
    Was just in the local dealer to ask about '16s. They have a RT Limited on the floor, and the salesman showed me the MP3 adapter in the trunk. It had the DIN Plug to insert into the back jack, a mini headphone type plug for the MP3 player, AND it had a third line to a USB adapter. So it must be available.

Neil

I was at the dealer again today and had a closer look at the cable. Oops, it's not one cable , it's actually two separate cables.
    One cable is a DIN Plug to mini headphone, and the other cable is DIN to USB. They were in bubble wrap, so a little hard to see clearly, but the sales-droid assured me that it was a USB adapter and could be ordered through the parts department.
    Sorry, no numbers on the bag

Neil
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac