Spyder Garage

Default Heat recall done!!

Got the ride back this morning. It is about a 25 minute ride to my house from dealer. Seems very good. Panels were cool to touch and no heat while fueling from under seat. The scoops look nice on my blue Spyder. I'll post pics when I remember how . Bike trip to Vermont starts this Saturday and will be back next Wednesday. Good road test tomorrow and then off we go. Mine was the first one the dealer had done. Took them about 9-10 hours but the next one they are doing is going faster he said. They took their time on mine and the wife is ok with that. Up date and pictures next week. Maybe even some of the trip.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that you can now enjoy the Spyder, in the manner that you were always meant to!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Mine took 5 days, but was worth the wait! You will definitely feel the difference in heat. Let us know if your shifting and mpg changes.
    Enjoy your trip!

Spyder Garage

Another happy customer. Glad to hear the success stories.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Heat recall done

I gotta say, after another 60 mile ride the panels are cool going down the road and not hot to touch at all. The fan does not come on as often when shutting down either. the "hot foot" issue by my highway pegs isn't as hot but still feel some warmth. I had found that even before repairs I could just angle my feet outward and air would defect into that area and keep it cool anyway. I'm very happy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Update Heat recall done. Trip done!

Recall repairs very nice. No heat issues. No fumes. Fuel mileage thru the mountains loaded to the max was around 32-34 mpg with 91 octane. Shifting was no different and engine noise seems the same to me. The left side mirror was alittle loose since I owned it last year and that is tighter. But the right side loosened up and the dealer said bring it in anytime and they would fix it while I wait. I am very happy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How was your fuel mileage before the work was done?

Spyder Garage

I had mine done last week and put about 100 miles on it over the weekend with no heat problems and there were no problems with any fuel smell or filling the tank. Everything looks good. Mine is Black Current and the scoops look like they were made for it

Spyder Garage

Today I just got my 13 recall done in Selma Tx Kent power Sports great job and a timely manner thank you guys now it's time to ride in the Texas hot weather it's going to be 92 for the high ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default I realize most won'f care

Quote Originally Posted by Myron Ah View Post
    Took them about 9-10 hours but the next one they are doing is going faster he said. .
    but has anyone thought to ask the dealer how many hours BRP pays them to do this recall?
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidTNDawg View Post
    but has anyone thought to ask the dealer how many hours BRP pays them to do this recall?
    The official procedure told the dealer they would get 3.6 or 3.7 hours. I think it was 3.6. No way. My tech said the first one took over 6. He'll get it down some but no way it'll ever be 3.6.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Default Well Gypsy,

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy_100 View Post
    The official procedure told the dealer they would get 3.6 or 3.7 hours. I think it was 3.6. No way. My tech said the first one took over 6. He'll get it down some but no way it'll ever be 3.6.
    good for you. Yep, it takes about twice as much time as they get paid for. That is after they have done some.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

On my 4th tank of fuel since the recall was completed.
    Must say I had the same result so far, cooler to ride and I seemed to be getter just a bit better mileage too.
    (Gas that's being used..not blown off in vapour?)
    No fumes.... now see if we all take the bullet when we trade these 2013s $$.... what concerns me is heat degradation that has been done over the last 2 years.

I think all RT 2013 owners should get a free extended 1 year warranty at minimum... yeah.. I'm dreaming..lol
    I'm a bit less sceptical than before but concerned about future ramifications still.
    Last edited by condorflysu; 07-02-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: (SP)

Spyder Garage

Default Heat recall done!!

My fuel mileage is roughly the same. We were loaded on the trip and Vermont is mountainous. 32+. I'll see what it is with "normal" useage. I run premium most of the time, 91+. The scoops look great on my blue RTS. I've got to get pictures up after vacation.